- Joined
- 22 November 2018
- Messages
- 7,026
- Reactions Received
- 27,656
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 0
- Fandom
- EXO-L & My
- Gender
- Female
- Ship
Hey, thanks for taking your time to write a response.I'm not sure how often I posted in this thread since the event started, but it should be around a number that should be legit.
I mean, this game is about counting and I would not consider this as "spam", since you could have just excluded the numbers of forum game posts somehow.
I've just googled the definition of spam :
irrelevant or unsolicited messages sent over the Internet, typically to a large number of users, for the purposes of advertising, phishing, spreading malware, etc.
In the End it is the decision of the Events Team, but I don't think it is fair (even though I accept it, don't get me wrong. I'm fine with that) and you should work on that for future events. Take this as feedback.
- unwanted or intrusive advertising on the Internet.
- (+ spiced ham but I guess noone asked for that
Those messages were either "unsolicited", it is quite the reverse. This thread asks you to count. Excluding forum games would have been an way easier opportunity to do so. Noone was informed what you count as 'spam'
2586
Spamming on a forum is not the same as spamming on the general internet. Posting multiple posts in a short amount of time is considered spamming on forums, whether it's this forum or others.
As for the rules, below is the post where I specified the spamming rules. If you would like the original, it is in the Clash of Prides Mid-Game Ranking thread. I told you the rules but I also warned you guys that the rules were not limited to the ones posted below.
We originally stated that posting back to back simply for the sake of increasing your post count is considered spam. However, you guys found a way around that and instead of posting back to back to your own comments, you posted back to back to each other's comments. This thread moved 17 pages in one day and it's mostly only 2 users. That is considered spam. Those that didn't participate in the previous 17 pages, have spammed similarly in other pages in this thread. When we say you guys could reply to each other, we meant games like "Ask the user below you a question". Which I also specified in another comment as a response to another user in that thread:Hello everyone,
We just wanted to let you know that there have been some changes to the rankings and points since we first posted this thread. It has come to our attention that some users have acquired their points from spamming and therefore we have removed those points and re-counted all the scores. Please refer back to the first post to see your new rankings.
For those of you who aren't aware, spamming includes (but is not limited to):
- Posting empty threads or posts,
- Back to back posts in threads that are solely made for "spamming",
- Posts in game threads that require you to post back to back. Game threads where you are responding to one another are fine.
A lot of users have lost a lot of points due to spamming so we have decided not to apply the penalty this time. However, from now on not only will all spam posts not be counted, but a penalty of -25 will also be applied.
We're sorry for not checking for spam posts before we posted this thread. We'll be more careful next time.
I hope you all enjoy the rest of the game. And good luck!
My wording isn't the greatest, but I made it pretty clear that games that consist of empty posts do not count. Games with responses do.Since it's not one person posting back to back, it won't be counted as spam. As long as you're actually going along with the game rules and not just posting anything for the sake of increasing your post count, it should be fine. Games where you are just posting back to back (like the counting game) will be considered spam. Games like the Question game with users posting a response to another user's question will be counted towards your points.
I hope that makes sense.
So I can understand why you would feel it's unfair that you're being penalized, but it is also unfair to the people that are following the rules and not spamming games just to increase their post count.