COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News Dara opens up about leaving YG (1 Viewer)

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
In 2004, I came to an unfamiliar Korea with no one to lean on and knowing nothing. YG was the house, the hometown, the family that took care of me and taught me. I have left the place that became my rock, my everything, in order to make a new start.

I fell in love with the cool seniors who looked so hip and joined the “YG family,” becoming not just colleagues but members of a family. Somehow I’ve already spent 17 years growing and maturing with the company.

It felt like a dream to receive so much love, experience so many things, and even stand on stage with the brilliant members.

When 2NE1 disbanded, it felt like everything was falling apart.

But in the five years since, I’ve tried lots of different genres with the mindset of ‘Let’s start again from the beginning!’ I think that those past five years were a great asset for me and the reason that I am able to be so positive today.

However, the dearest wish in my heart was to stand on stage again. I really want to show myself standing on stage again for the Blackjacks [2NE1’s fandom name] and fans who have loved and cheered me on without fail. This has been my dream since I was in the second grade of elementary school, and it has never changed once.

This is the third stage of my life, marked by new challenges rather than stability, so I’m more excited than ever before.

More than anything, people, attachment, and the time I’ve spent with people are important to me. Saying goodbye is the most difficult thing to do. Nevertheless, I have made this big decision for the dream that I want as well as for those who have been waiting for me to achieve that dream.

Finally, I hope to see my 2NE1 members, whom I love and miss a lot, keep working in various areas, and pray that we will reunite again someday. Congratulations on our 12th anniversary together!

Source

@Blackjack

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
she is just the best. it must be hard to leave but it's just right for her. hopefully 2NE1 can be back again

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
It's rly sweet note. It's clear that she wouldn't have had career as artist under YG and there wouldn't be 2NE1 comeback either. I hope they can reunite someday.
yep clear as day YG was never going to allow a 21 cb of any sort, so she had to leave to preform again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread