DAY6's "The Book of Us: The Demon" is their best album yet. (1 Viewer)

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I'm a big fan of DAY6s discography and within their 100s of songs there is like only 2 or 3 that I dislike.
While I liked every entry in the "The Book of Us" series, "The Demon" is just a masterpiece of an album.
It's so well polished, no unnecessary vocal effects in any of the song and just overall so full of emotions.

The 2 songs that are really outstanding and beat all my favorite songs of this year are

1. Love me or leave me



2. 1 to 10




They definitely experimented more with their music in this album, which is greatly appreciated because they sound better than ever.
Even Dowoon's parts in "Day and Night" sound so so good.

I also think that "Afraid" would've made for an amazing title if they didn't end up going for Zombie, it sounds the most like "classic DAY6".​

DAY6
@Vikki @TwentyOneIzz @RainbowDevil @MinSquishy @Reo @Soleski @Bopper @potato @PetitBonheur @Marianthi @Wingfrost @Koala @daeunraine @wayvoutsold @XBittersweet
 
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
As nice of a message Freely has the song is just terribly happy lmao, EMERGENCY is also a whole mess
oh ok I will try and tell you my opinion xD
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
1 to 10 is just..wow. Imagine being this talented and serving every time! Your faves can't relate.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I looove this album so far!! Zombie is really good, but I haven't listened to the rest yet, as if I do my schoolwork will be very compromised lmaoooo
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mayday and Myco

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
I already know Love me or Leave me will be the best cause the album preview spoiled it :sanapray:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco and Mayday

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
I already know Love me or Leave me will be the best cause the album preview spoiled it :sanapray:
Surprise surprise

I was right :sanapray: FUCKING BOP ASS BOP

The album is really reminiscent of early 2000 songs, which they do quite often but this entire albums seems like an homage to that type of style.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco

Marianthi

#1 2PM Stan
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
1,170
Reactions Received
4,498
Location
Greece
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
The whole album is a gem and I rarely (if ever) say that for any album! Every single track is title track worth! Personal favorites are Stop, Afraid and Love me or Leave me
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread