Dear God Watch Dorohedoro (1 Viewer)

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
.
Joined
4 December 2018
Messages
3,200
Reactions Received
11,455
Location
USA
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
205
Fandom
Once, Sone
Gender
Male
Dear God Watch Dorohedoro



Oh my......

Someday I'll stop hyping anime.

But that day is not today.

Today I hype....

Dorohedoro.



Ecclectic, punkish, brutal, grotesque, imaginative, wonderfully unique, and strangely endearing and fun.

You fall for this strange and darkly fantastic world.

A true passion project.

This is an anime that has personality.

Apparently based on an older manga written by and drawn by an obscure female writer.....

This anime is entirely its own.

Dropped into a gritty derilect world called "The Hole" we follow our protagonist.a hulking man with a Lizard head who is fighting alongside his diner owning, skateboard riding, dumpling making, ass kicking female friend and partner to find the Sorcerer who cursed him with his lizard head.

They are opposed by a group of Sorcerer villians who use The Hole as an experiment realm. Testing out their magic on the helpless populace, turning them into bugs and grotesque things, dismembering them etc.

It's hard to describe what this anime is like.

It's this mix of the brutal and violent, the grotesque and outlandish, yet somehow comedic and endearing all the same time. With this punkish gritty yet fun tone.

It's a strange and enthralling mix. That really does this amazing world building that makes Dorohedoro completely distinct.

You fall in love with these characters. This outlandish world. And want to keep tagging along on the protagonists adventures to explore and learn more about how everything fits together. You'll even fall in love with the "villians". Mark my words.

I called this a passion project.

And it really seems to be.

Everything about this anime screams a full commitment to manifesting the wonder and vision of this story. The animation, the music, the story, the production.

Even down to the wonderfully fun video game like outros during the credits roll.

The artists and creators were flexing the love of this story and medium.

You can feel the affection.

They fell in love.

And so will you.



Lizard head men. Dumplings. Mushrooms. And Punk.

Watch Dorohedoro.

On Netflix. Original Japanese.






Trailer




A track from the amazingly ecclectic soundtrack.

 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Thats what i have been telling plp, thanks for making thread about it so i dont have to xdd

Dorohedoro is my anime of the year, im sure nth that is coming can beat it. Its 10/10 for me. The mystery, worldbuilding, characters. Everything is unique and fully realized to tiniest detail.

Also senpai, @Darth_Ozy watch this when u have time. Its the closest anime i have find to Baccano in a mood.
 

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
.
Joined
4 December 2018
Messages
3,200
Reactions Received
11,455
Location
USA
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
205
Fandom
Once, Sone
Gender
Male
Thats what i have been telling plp, thanks for making thread about it so i dont have to xdd

Dorohedoro is my anime of the year, im sure nth that is coming can beat it. Its 10/10 for me. The mystery, worldbuilding, characters. Everything is unique and fully realized to tiniest detail.

Also senpai, @Darth_Ozy watch this when u have time. Its the closest anime i have find to Baccano in a mood.
It's one of those animes that sounds so improbable on paper.

Like I could imagine someone on the writers room pitching it.

"So it's gonna be a guy with a Lizard head and a girl that makes dumplings and a bad guy who grows mushrooms and rides a motorcycle broom and there's gonna be a cockroach who wears Jordans. Great right????"

*Executives silent and sweating awkwardly.*.


But my god it's wonderful. Just wonderful.

It works.
 

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
.
Joined
4 December 2018
Messages
3,200
Reactions Received
11,455
Location
USA
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
205
Fandom
Once, Sone
Gender
Male
i saw it while it was coming out but didn't end up checking it out as that was a great season and i had a big backlog
i'll check it out now instead since this one's real slow
I hope you end up liking it!

It's so fun and charming.
 

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
Yeees I really want to watch it, I was waiting for more episodes to release, might as well start soon. After I'm done with exams
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
An anime community I've been part of for years have hyped the manga for years so I always knew of it but never checked it out. I didn't know it got an anime adaptation though :nakypog:

Thats what i have been telling plp, thanks for making thread about it so i dont have to xdd

Dorohedoro is my anime of the year, im sure nth that is coming can beat it. Its 10/10 for me. The mystery, worldbuilding, characters. Everything is unique and fully realized to tiniest detail.

Also senpai, @Darth_Ozy watch this when u have time. Its the closest anime i have find to Baccano in a mood.
For some reason my sleep deprived brain kept mixing this up with Durarara and I was like I've seen it already :haylul:
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
An anime community I've been part of for years have hyped the manga for years so I always knew of it but never checked it out. I didn't know it got an anime adaptation though :nakypog:



For some reason my sleep deprived brain kept mixing this up with Durarara and I was like I've seen it already :haylul:
Its pretty faithful to manga or so i have heard. They have just cencored couple parts i think.. but its still plenty violent :)

There is also anime called Dororo.. too many with similar names xdd
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
It's one of those animes that sounds so improbable on paper.

Like I could imagine someone on the writers room pitching it.

"So it's gonna be a guy with a Lizard head and a girl that makes dumplings and a bad guy who grows mushrooms and rides a motorcycle broom and there's gonna be a cockroach who wears Jordans. Great right????"

*Executives silent and sweating awkwardly.*.


But my god it's wonderful. Just wonderful.

It works.
Yep, at first i wasnt sure i was going to check it out. The trailer didnt look that interesting but im so glad i did!

Also i have been listening the endings non stop!
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Its pretty faithful to manga or so i have heard. They have just cencored couple parts i think.. but its still plenty violent :)

There is also anime called Dororo.. too many with similar names xdd
Oh I know Dororo lol, it's that Yukimaru guy or something right? Samurai who has to get back his body part by part. Think it's based on an Osamu Tezuka manga too.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Oh I know Dororo lol, it's that Yukimaru guy or something right? Samurai who has to get back his body part by part. Think it's based on an Osamu Tezuka manga too.
Hyakkimaru, bit close enough i guess..

Yup!
 

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
.
Joined
4 December 2018
Messages
3,200
Reactions Received
11,455
Location
USA
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
205
Fandom
Once, Sone
Gender
Male
Yep, at first i wasnt sure i was going to check it out. The trailer didnt look that interesting but im so glad i did!

Also i have been listening the endings non stop!
Oh I know.

The ending music is the greatest.

En's theme is my favorite.


I've been playing it non-stop.

 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Oh I know.

The ending music is the greatest.

En's theme is my favorite.


I've been playing it non-stop.

That Doom animation with it though, so fun :D

My favorite at the moment is 404, it was only played in the last ep.

 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread