COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Do beauty supplements work? ♡(˶╹̆ ▿╹̆˵)و✧♡ (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
STARWOL

do any of you guys take supplements?
which ones and why?
do you think they better improve your beauty and health?

on occasion, i take supplements like vitamin c, curcuma, multi vitamin with plants and herbs in it as well, vitamin b12 and few others
i want to go back and get me some flaxseed supplements again , they do wonders for your skin! especially when you are prone to acne , because of the omegas in them
and it is better to get it from plants , fish is not always super clean, if you know what i mean​

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
i take biotin and stuff because i was cursed with the most pathetic hair on earth

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
i have had that in my cabinet as well, do you think it actually works for your hair to grow faster and better?
i haven't seen any results yet but I hate my hair so much that ill keep taking biotin anyway

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Your body makes all the vitamins necessary for survival and health so if you are not in a deficiency then they won't do anything at all. If you are in deficiency for a certain vitamin though then taking those supplements will definitely help out with your overall health. I believe Doctor Mike had a very good podcast on this. If I find it I'll post it for you.

I personally take vitamin D and iron because my levels are lower than low according to my doctor and I feel really nauseous when I don't. I also used to take probiotics for skin but then I did a research project on the probiotics I was taking and found out that the microbes in my supplement don't survive in the gut so I felt super betrayed lol. So I don't take those anymore.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Body yes. Beauty I don't know.

I researched and tried out many minerals and vitamins, many in high doses as well (of course under lots of research).

Iodine, Lugols Iron, Mineral Complex, Ashwagandha, B Vitamins, Vitamin D

I used to have issues with my focus and speech, would forget words and not be able to express myself. I had ADHD symptoms and got prescribed Ritalin (which has very bad side effects). My personality changed, I was able to speak up for myself all my problems disappeared and thats when I realized how what we eat affects our minds. I didn't take it for too long, because Ritalin is really not good.

With supplements, you have to learn also about co-factors. You need magnesium, which gets many nutrients from A to B. I don't feel Lugols Iodine when I don't take Himalayan salt for instance. It has some more co-factors like, Vitamin D, Iron and Vitamin C, so to fully unfold the body needs those nutrients as well. Iodine does almost the same to me as ritalin did. The pineal gland/third eye is real. I felt it when I took ritalin, and my focus was super sharp, so is it when I supplement with Lugol's iodine.

My Probiotics work on me at an instant. I buy a Symbiotica, the probiotics need prebiotics (food for probiotics) as well or they won't be activated.

I would say, please be careful, the quality of the supplements are very important. If you buy vitamin C, buy one that's labeled as "natural Vitamin C" and not the Ascorbic acid, which is chemically created and unhealthy.

i take biotin and stuff because i was cursed with the most pathetic hair on earth
For hair growth, Silica is much recommended. It can make hair and nails grow faster and thicker but do your own research.

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I feel like it depends on the issues you are having. Like i've always had bad acne and people told me to use supplements or certain oils, etc and nothing ever helped. Wasn't until I got on an acne medication did things get better.

So i'd say if you want it for just small improvement stuff supplements are fine but they aren't going to solve bigger issues

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I feel like it depends on the issues you are having. Like i've always had bad acne and people told me to use supplements or certain oils, etc and nothing ever helped. Wasn't until I got on an acne medication did things get better.

So i'd say if you want it for just small improvement stuff supplements are fine but they aren't going to solve bigger issues
I'm saying this very carefully, but I would say different from my experience. Medication stops/surpresses symptoms for a while but there is still something wrong in the body that has to be worked on. In the future, medication can cause many other issues. Example fever medication to stop fever when fever is not issue, the reason one gets fever is a bacterial infection. So stopping fever can lead to the growth of bad bacteria. The reason I'm mentioning this is it`s not to suppress the symptoms, try to get to the root cause.

Along my health journey, I used often stumble upon information that acne is a bacterial issue. Maybe you wanna do your research on the connection of bad bacteria/gut bacteria imbalance, parasites/yeast, gut health and acne.

Dr. Axe is very good, I healed my thyroid thanks to his info. I just searched a video for you on acne...

Check out here for more.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'm saying this very carefully, but I would say different from my experience. Medication stops/surpresses symptoms for a while but there is still something wrong in the body that has to be worked on. In the future, medication can cause many other issues. Example fever medication to stop fever when fever is not issue, the reason one gets fever is a bacterial infection. So stopping fever can lead to the growth of bad bacteria. The reason I'm mentioning this is it`s not to suppress the symptoms, try to get to the root cause.

Along my health journey, I used often stumble upon information that acne is a bacterial issue. Maybe you wanna do your research on the connection of bad bacteria/gut bacteria imbalance, parasites/yeast, gut health and acne.

Dr. Axe is very good, I healed my thyroid thanks to his info. I just searched a video for you on acne...

Check out here for more.

Oh yeah I definitely agree that you should get to the root of the problem not just the symptoms. I appreciate the research but it actually doesn't relate to my acne problems! I have hormonal acne resulting from the women in my family having a lot of problems with their hormones.

The issues we have really can only be solved by certain medications that stop the chemicals in us from bugging out lol. I tried everything under the sun before but it was only effective at treating normal types of acne and was not strong enough for my hormonal acne.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
STARWOL
Your body makes all the vitamins necessary for survival and health so if you are not in a deficiency then they won't do anything at all. If you are in deficiency for a certain vitamin though then taking those supplements will definitely help out with your overall health. I believe Doctor Mike had a very good podcast on this. If I find it I'll post it for you.

I personally take vitamin D and iron because my levels are lower than low according to my doctor and I feel really nauseous when I don't. I also used to take probiotics for skin but then I did a research project on the probiotics I was taking and found out that the microbes in my supplement don't survive in the gut so I felt super betrayed lol. So I don't take those anymore.
yeah with probiotics you have to do good research, for example, you should take them in a certain way or else they get into your body and they will not survive and thus waste of money and also what you said....
also, did you know , probably do but oh well, it is highly recommended to take probiotics after you taking anti biotics? the anti ones kill everything inside of you, also the good shit so yeah :sanapray:
My Probiotics work on me at an instant. I buy a Symbiotica, the probiotics need prebiotics (food for probiotics) as well or they won't be activated.
also this^ true, i knew that as well and was about to tell you but then i read someone else mentioned it already
i am pretty sure i got a mix of prebiotics and pro in 1 and if not, i shall get it, i don't remember which version i have , have not touched it in a while:hayshook:

also do not take too much vitamin d for too long
it is a non water vitamin meaning it gets stacked into your liver , you can toxic your liver if you take too much of it for too long:irenecrazy:
becareful with the iron too
my recommendation is this one, not sure if you can get it in your country... the below pic is in dutch but you can see the brand and title, salus, floradix. it is really popular over here and appears to be real good

I would say, please be careful, the quality of the supplements are very important. If you buy vitamin C, buy one that's labeled as "natural Vitamin C" and not the Ascorbic acid, which is chemically created and unhealthy.
For hair growth, Silica is much recommended. It can make hair and nails grow faster and thicker but do your own research.
last thing is so true, i still have a bottle left of that with extra zinc and other stuff added to it as well
i had a feeling it also helped me on my weight, really weird i know :taeminface:
and also , i know , with the vitamin c thing.... better put the Ascorbic acid on your face if needed and not inside yo mouth

really like to see someone else around here who knows a lot about this:sanapray:

acne meds are well known to be terrible for a lot of people, some are just lucky
but i think that is the case with a lot of western meds
they make things worse often or not, without you even knowing it than really cure you in a healthy way

i mean, look at all the things that ''could happen'' if you take certain popular western meds
that is not happening when taking most of herb supplements

but i am happy for you , you were lucky and the shit worked for you without having to do deal with any repercussions:mgblush:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread