Do bgs or ggs have harder dances? (1 Viewer)

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
What do you guys think? I personally used to think that bgs had more advanced dancing but it turns out the ggs dances may look easy, but they are more technically advanced (e.g. Dance the Night Away, Rookie etc.). I watched if from this video, I've time stamped the part where she talks about it if you guys are interested - she gives a really good analysis of the dances as well:

​
 

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
I think bg have more difficult choreographies.

Those for example are fast, strong and use a lot of muscles


 
Joined
5 June 2019
Messages
539
Reactions Received
1,946
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I think both have their merits, I agree with what was being said in the video
also a lot of ggs use high heels while they dance! It's a very difficult thing to, sometimes only walk in high heels can be difficult :susPepe:
ggs dances and choreos are great and all of them have merits and all
:pandanoreaction:
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
I think bgs have more stamina/strength based choreo and ggs have more intricate and complex dances
Men and women are built different. I think all kpop groups use dances that push physical boundaries however
 
Joined
10 November 2018
Messages
4,566
Reactions Received
27,371
Location
Eden
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I think bgs have more stamina/strength based choreo and ggs have more intricate and complex dances
Men and women are built different. I think all kpop groups use dances that push physical boundaries however
This sums it up plus gg members have to dance in high heels so that adds up. And I think that ggs can pull off those stamina based choreos if they are given the chance.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
The video made me change my opinion a bit. With women it seems like their dances often seem effortless and they are designed to look that way when boy groups dances are made to seem hard with speed and power they require. But the point in video was that effortless seeming girl group dances require lot of coordination and flexibility which she says are technically harder than speedy stepping sequences.

But overall I think it's quite hard to compare since the styles of dancing are usually so different between girls and boys. And lot of boys can do quite good covers on ggs dances so it doesn't seem like they are worse dancers at all.
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
719
Reactions Received
6,480
Location
Buddy Hole @ Zoom
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
The video is very well done and sums up my personal dance experience in high school. Softer and slow dances looks easy but take so much time to perfect and clean up (think modern dance) And fast dances require a different type of energy and stamina.

Another misconception I see is bad dancers being the wings of a routine. It’s not always the case. Sometimes a skilled dancer is placed in the wing for a more difficult part or the way the row and windows are set up. A better way to measure skill is to see who’s in the front row more or who has a solo when there’s not a singing part.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,301
Reactions Received
76,676
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,120
Ship
Wreck
I'm not sure they're comparable since the images a boy group and girl group need to perceive are different and the dances are made to stick to those images like a boy group has visually strong dances to match the strong image while a girl group has to avoid portraying that image.

Looks can be deceiving though and sometimes a dance can look hard but actually it's very easy to pull off at the same time a dance that looks easy could actually end up being very challenging so the only real way to test the choreos is to actually try and do them yourself. Even then you might just have an easier job picking up some than others regardless of difficulty.
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,394
Reactions Received
151,405
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I watched the same video and it made me change my mind a bit also. I think in the context of kpop Its more difficult for bgs to dance, just because when you take into account the fact that they need to sing along with dancing intensely vs sing while doing sonething more technical but less taxing, but I can see that when just comparing the dances themselves it can vary.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,726
Reactions Received
93,519
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,771
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I think the girls are almost always better dancers as a whole, because the girls tend to kill the bg dances at will when they cover them. The boys almost never sell out and do accurate covers. Excepting the sm boys and 17 from what i have seen.
 
Last edited:

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
gg‘s are killing dancing for years now. Show me a bg that can dancea choreography like GFRIEND - Love Whisper, Oh My Girls - The Fifth Season, Dreamcatcher‘s - Chase Me, fromis_9 Fun!, Loona‘s Hi High and Butterfly and way more
 
Joined
23 November 2018
Messages
592
Reactions Received
2,029
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Pronouns
she/her
I don't think they're comparable, the styles and such vary way too much to be able to say which one's harder. Even just among boys or among girls.

I also think that many people are blinded by the sheer amount of people dancing. Most of the time the more people dance the more impressive (or hard) it looks if they're well synchronized, especially if the dance is fast-paced. If you take out one person and only watch them dance it might suddenly look a lot less impressive. We should probably compare individuals instead of whole groups to judge them properly.

Honestly I'm just sad that there's the misconception that easy = bad. We also need easy choreos that are fun and easy to dance along!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread