Do People Actually Wear Shoes Around The House? (1 Viewer)

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I was always taught to take off my shoes when I go into a house. I also can’t stand having anything on my feet so whenever I can I’ll take off my shoes. They’re so uncomfortable.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I always was thought to take of my shoes. I also can’t stand it if others go inside my place with their shoes on.
 
Joined
3 March 2019
Messages
507
Reactions Received
1,807
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I have never in my life seen someone walk around their house all day with shoes on. But like other ppl have said If I just got home I walk to my room with shoes on and take them off there but I always do it right away since my room is right next to front door. Altho if I go to someone elses house I usually keep my shoes on, unless they have carpet or I am sitting on their bed or something then I take them off.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ems and Minuteman

Bom

Joined
25 May 2019
Messages
83
Reactions Received
226
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I can't be at home with shoes on, it's so uncomfortable. My dad however will happily sit around with his shoes on it's so strange to me.
Shoes should be taken off when you enter the house imo.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Minuteman

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
I have NEVER
an asian thing though :sanapray:
Same here lol

We have a genkan in our house and everyone is expected to remove their shoes there before proceeding into the rest of the house (This is the same with any household in Japan)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Minuteman and kuro

Ems

No.1 Kim Woobin Lover
.
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
329
Reactions Received
1,373
Location
Nebraska
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
  • Some people have no carpet or installed flooring, which means splinters. Either walk in shoes or get a splinter.
  • Some people who have cheap carpet don't care about their floor. They will still vacuum, but it's cheap. Sometimes cheap carpet looks like shit no matter shoes or not.
  • My dad wears shoes in the house all the time because he has plantars fasciitis, neuropathy, and arthritis. Getting old sucks. We have mostly wood floors now but they get dirtier than carpets.
  • I wear my shoes to my bedroom and take them off because 1. mom will trip over them then yell at me 2. mom will steal my shoes to wear when she can't find hers 3. ADHD means if they are not in my closet they'll end up in a weird place like the fridge.
A lot of Americans that do wear their shoes inside frown upon walking mud and such into the house. They usually put a lot of maintenance into their carpets and doubly so because pets (your pets dirty flooring more than your shoes).
 
  • Like
Reactions: Minuteman

Minuteman

Another Settlement Needs Your Help
.
.
Joined
15 November 2018
Messages
7,387
Reactions Received
22,724
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I'm American and I don't ever wear my shoes in the house (unless I need to keep going in and out of the house for groceries and other things). I also don't know of any people in my area who walk around their house with shoes on. They always take them off by the door that they enter.

Sometimes my grandparents, who were originally from my area but now live in Arizona, wear shoes around my house when they visit, and my mom gets pissed because my grandpa sometimes gets dirt on the carpet lol.
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
Giiiiirrrrllll... Some people's house' are really dirty. I'm not trying to get black socks unless they are dyed.
 

Ems

No.1 Kim Woobin Lover
.
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
329
Reactions Received
1,373
Location
Nebraska
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I don't, and no one around me does either. If you walked in with shoes without asking permission first i would think you were crazy tbh.

Then again, i'm from northern europe and not the US (or southern europe where i've heard people also keep their shoes on???)
It's also a thing when having people coming into your home to perform construction. They wear their shoes but of course most of them wear disposable covers on the bottom.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread