COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Do we really have to make EVERYTHING about race? (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins

IMG_20200423_133913_170.jpg

First of all, the post was totally taken out of context. It clearly states that she always buys the wrong foundation despite the amount of options she has. I don't think it was intended to present a struggle exclusive of "white people" but for some reason people on the comment section seem to find a way to twist the intention of it.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Yes, everything is about race these days
kinda ironic given the fact that people want all skin colors to be treated equally and that we strive to live for a multicultural world
Ikr? I'm black (light) and latina and I can relate to this post because I'm just not able to find my match. We now have many brands that offer a wider range of shades for POC and yet I'm always either a tone lighter (which I hate because I look like dead) or a tone darker.
*sigh*
:nekosweat:

Last edited:

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
It was definitely taken out of context. As a girl I have the same problem finding the right shade, it gets darker on my skin or it has the wrong sub-tone. I don't think the post itself was racist, it's just a common situation

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
Ikr? I'm black (light) and latina and I can relate to this post because I'm just not able to find my match. We now have many brands that offer an wider range of shades for POC and yet I'm always either a tone lighter (which I hate because I look like dead) or a tone darker.
*sigh*
:nekosweat:
I don't wear foundation but I know I would pick the wrong shade for sure

Reactions Received
KS Coins
That comment tho... firstly "white people"???? A lot of non white people with light skin can have this problem as well. (So do darker ppl) Second, everyone can go a shade or two lighter or darker. I don't see the problem? Like so many Asians apply lighter foundation. As long as you apply it on your neck it's fine.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
That comment tho... firstly "white people"???? A lot of non white people with light skin can have this problem as well. (So do darker ppl) Second, everyone can go a shade or two lighter or darker. I don't see the problem? Like so many Asians apply lighter foundation. As long as you apply it on your neck it's fine.
It's not only the comment but the number of likes as well. If you go the original post, you'll see the most popular comments are similar to this one. It's honestly sad.

jasque

Antifragile
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
If people are going to whine even for that, it's better to banish foundations already.

There was a controversy in my country about that the other day too.

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
Reactions Received
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
YOLO
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Literally go up to anyone who does make up and ask them if they can find their foundation shade immediately. I guarantee most people will say no. I actually went to a paint store to match my skin color with a paint shade so I can find my foundation shade more easily. It's not just a "white struggle," and the original poster wasn't trying to make it one.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I am very pale and it was very hard to find the perfect one.
Its literally tiring seeing these kind of comments about white people.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Literally go up to anyone who does make up and ask them if they can find their foundation shade immediately. I guarantee most people will say no. I actually went to a paint store to match my skin color with a paint shade so I can find my foundation shade more easily. It's not just a "white struggle," and the original poster wasn't trying to make it one.
I never thought of going to a paint store but it makes sense, maybe I should try it one day.
:dubuthink:

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I don't get why it has to be about race. Lots of people struggle with finding the right shade for their skin. My skin is a lot on the darker side but I too face this problem. Its actually very common :taeminface:

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
Everything has to always have a subtext these days. You talk about anything in any kinda of wording you'll get treated to what's called "micro-agression police" which find every and any way to screw over someones day and make everything about some global problem.

Those problems do exist but they are not connected to such banal stuff.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
Yes. At least over here in the west its a common thing to make everything about "identity".
Not intrinsically you're point, but the whole you're white/black therefore must be the same is so crazed... The odds of me having that much in common with a russian guy is minimal even if we are both what is deemed white... Just as the differences I have with Black Americans may not be that big or even that many... Plus the issue of what is viewed as concepts of white and whiteness are created by academics who aren't white... Fascinating 😅

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Not intrinsically you're point, but the whole you're white/black therefore must be the same is so crazed... The odds of me having that much in common with a russian guy is minimal even if we are both what is deemed white... Just as the differences I have with Black Americans may not be that big or even that many... Plus the issue of what is viewed as concepts of white and whiteness are created by academics who aren't white... Fascinating 😅
I mean most people in America have more in common than people in Korea would with us. Is that your point? Sorry if I'm not getting it but yeah I think there is going to be a huge difference between someone who is African verses African American. Even if they are the same race or color.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
I mean most people in America have more in common than people in Korea would with us. Is that your point? Sorry if I'm not getting it but yeah I think there is going to be a huge difference between someone who is African verses African American. Even if they are the same race or color.
Yes, more or less. Race, Gender, and Sexual Orientation are the three big identities that are thrown around these days and both by the group (i.e. Gay people) and the non-group (i.e. Straight people) there is some idea of mono thinking or ingroup solidarity. Us X people need to stick together and so on.. Basically the idea that because someone is a woman that she is going to get along with another woman based solely on their shared gender. Same could be said for sexual orientation or racial groups... For instance, in my experience of fellow gay men, I feel that I have more in common with straight men compared to the gay men I have encountered. The identity model suggests that I would have more in common with my identity group.

Main point is that within the last few decades (at least in the US) there has been a lot of division based on similarities and differences rather than appreciating similarities and celebrating differences.

***Would have replied sooner, but kept getting an error when I tried to reply.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread