Do you buy CDs? (1 Viewer)

Joined
13 March 2019
Messages
4,283
Reactions Received
11,073
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Tbh I am still amazed some people still buy CDs in 2020 :lisalaugh: doesn't Adele sell like over 20 millions CDs!!! And BTS more than 5 millions!!!

Why!!! Just seem like a big of a trouble going to a store and waiting in line and you might not even find what you are looking for. I don't even buy video games CDs anymore I just download everything. I haven't bought a music album since like 2010 with the streaming services nowadays I thought CDs is something from the past.

Do you still buy CDs!!! What's the reason!!!
 
Joined
13 November 2020
Messages
534
Reactions Received
827
Location
Thedas
Website
www.instagram.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female, Non-Binary
I collected CD's and albums even before getting into kpop :worry:... When I really like something I wanna own it and like.. hold it... And I like collecting, my kpop collection is two bookshelves worth and then I have shoeboxes full of other cd's :nekosweat:. And then a WHOLE cLOSET worth of dvd's and blurays, like multiple bookshelves lol. Its really gr8 when for whatever reason the internet decides to poop out... which is often.. Oh! and I still exclusively use CD'sin my car ^^", 90's kid for life~
But I gotta agree with the waiting in line thing, screw that.
 
Joined
1 August 2019
Messages
2,819
Reactions Received
4,468
Location
☾ the other side of the moon ☽
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,802
Fandom
☾ gg stan ☽
Gender
Bi-Gender
Pronouns
☾ he/she ☽
i buy cds because i wanna support my biases and the goodies that come with the albums are amazing :sanapray:
 

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,598
Reactions Received
43,660
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,438
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
i've been buying cds (and dvds) for a quite long time now, i enjoy collecting them. the stores which sell cds near me don't have long lines and i never have troubles with getting what i want because the cds i buy are usually older non-kpop albums so it's very unlikely that they're sold out at the moment or something.
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
After purchasing albums from Korea and Mainland China I find buying a disc with a booklet sort of a waste.. Depending on the k-pop or C-pop album along with a minimum of 12 page photobook and usually a photocard or two. With the advent of iTunes including cd booklets in some purchases the point of buying American and some European cds pointless. Sure there are certain groups for which I would buy a cd for, but for most I am not going to shell out $14.99 for a cd that just includes lyrics or liner notes that I could find with a usual genius or wikipedia search. I mean on Amazon I could easily order k-pop albums that are only a few dollars more, which would contain more in its packaging...

If Linkin Park, Evanescence, Coldplay releases an album I would prolly buy physically... But the typical offenders (e.g. Beyonce, Adele, Taylor) I would either spotify or purchase digitally.
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,091
Reactions Received
52,960
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
172,224
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
Uhm, no not for years. Dont even hv a working cd player but still got plenty of old cds/cassettes n vhs videos tho.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Hajima

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Well I've bought a few Kpop albums for the photobooks/photocards mostly but generally no music cds for me.
I do own some films on Bluray though, I like having a collection of some of my personal favorites.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Hajima
Joined
6 October 2020
Messages
4,797
Reactions Received
8,789
Location
at yo dining table eatin yo pizza
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
STARWOL
Gender
Female
Tbh I am still amazed some people still buy CDs in 2020 :lisalaugh: doesn't Adele sell like over 20 millions CDs!!! And BTS more than 5 millions!!!

Why!!! Just seem like a big of a trouble going to a store and waiting in line and you might not even find what you are looking for. I don't even buy video games CDs anymore I just download everything. I haven't bought a music album since like 2010 with the streaming services nowadays I thought CDs is something from the past.

Do you still buy CDs!!! What's the reason!!!
why you posting a general topic in a kpop board? :wimwim: :jenniesmug: :ilovebread:

anyways, i have cds of linkin park and tokio hotel but no kpop ones
so meh
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Hajima

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread