Do you ever root for the villain? (1 Viewer)

Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck

Mew

~Angel of Death~
.
Joined
29 November 2018
Messages
2,249
Reactions Received
4,602
Location
England, London
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6
Fandom
Shawol
Gender
Female
Yeah, depends on the character development and relatability, it's a 50/50...really... I'm not found of good always prevailing I suppose reality has been that of the opposite and its nice to see that truth reflected if the bad guy wins sometimes, its realistic I suppose.
 
Last edited:
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
If he’s hot
And they always make more sense than the hero anyway
 
Joined
22 April 2019
Messages
1,118
Reactions Received
2,529
Location
ᶦᵗˢ ᵃ ˢᵉᶜʳᵉᵗ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Always. everytime I watch an anime and the antagonist show up and just gorgeous. I forget all the bad things, they could be slaughtering innocent people and I still think they cool.
 

Sourcekeeper

Tech Support
.
.
.
Joined
25 August 2018
Messages
6,829
Reactions Received
28,463
Location
YG Entertainment
Website
kpopsource.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
26,616
Fandom
MONSTIEZ
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She / Her / Hers
When i watch romance drama and the bad guy is all bad & good looking, i can't help but root for the female lead to fall in love with the evil guy, it only happened once though in a korean drama i watched and i love it tho i feel bad for the male lead who died in the end.
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,386
Reactions Received
151,399
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Sometimes, the "good" side isnt always the good one in my opinion, whereas the "evil" side is fighting for something I believe in. Doctor Who is good for this, it happens quite a bit sometimes. :wimwim:
 
Joined
23 June 2019
Messages
1,759
Reactions Received
10,279
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
edit: No one is telling me which villains :jisoosmh:
For example Children of NObody

Related image


Seirously you can't fault his intentions and the fact he's a victim as well.

In a Japanese Tokusatsu series Kamen Rider Gaim the villian makes a choice to try to end te lives of million and save a few in an option that seems like it's the only way to say the human race.

Sometimes villians are evil because they are trying to save or protect and it seems like the best course.

Can you blame Mistique from X-Men for her choices given her past?


 
Joined
15 August 2019
Messages
604
Reactions Received
2,196
Location
Thousand Cuts
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
For example Children of NObody

Related image


Seirously you can't fault his intentions and the fact he's a victim as well.

In a Japanese Tokusatsu series Kamen Rider Gaim the villian makes a choice to try to end te lives of million and save a few in an option that seems like it's the only way to say the human race.

Sometimes villians are evil because they are trying to save or protect and it seems like the best course.

Can you blame Mistique from X-Men for her choices given her past?


I get what you mean, although I'd put most into anti-hero/anti-villain category,
but I should have explained what I meant in OP more clearly :maheart:

In my mind a villain is not just someone who opposes the hero (antagonist vs protagonist), but someone of truly despicable character,
like Joffrey from GoT, or Gross from SnK, per example
 
Joined
23 June 2019
Messages
1,759
Reactions Received
10,279
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I get what you mean, although I'd put most into anti-hero/anti-villain category,
but I should have explained what I meant in OP more clearly :maheart:

In my mind a villain is not just someone who opposes the hero (antagonist vs protagonist), but someone of truly despicable character,
like Joffrey from GoT, or Gross from SnK, per example
If someone sides with Joffrey I would like to hear their reasoning. XD

And yes be more clear. Evil for the sake of being f-ed up bstrd.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread