Do you feel safe in your country? (1 Viewer)

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Im mostly making this thread with US residents in mind, but feel free to respond anyway if you're in a different country.

Despite everything that happened in 2020, I still felt pretty safe and at least deluded that things would go back to normal in 2021. But obviously, it didn't. The same things, if not worse things are still happening and with rising hate crime rates on POC and Asian people specifically, I feel more unsafe living here than ever.​
 
Joined
6 March 2019
Messages
2,786
Reactions Received
3,813
Location
Italia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
3,970
Gender
Female
I'm in the middle east and perhaps most people don't have an idea about the word "dangerous" until they live here for a while lol. Specially if you are a girl, be ready to get chased, stalked, catcalled etc ... on your way home. Not just once but multiple times per day. No I'm not being dramatic. Even dorms in which girls live don't let them go out after 9 pm. To get molested in the taxi isn't even something unusual.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Mangoey

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
I'm in the middle east and perhaps most people don't have an idea about the word "dangerous" until they live here for a while lol. Specially if you are a girl, be ready to get chased, stalked, catcalled etc ... on your way home. Not just once but multiple times per day. No I'm not being dramatic. Even dorms in which girls live don't let them go out after 9 pm. To get molested in the taxi isn't even something unusual.
That's... absolutely crazy
I'm guessing law enforcement doesn't care much about protecting women?
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
God no. America has gotten more screwed up over the years so it’s hard to feel safe anywhere
 
  • Love
Reactions: Mangoey
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,662
Reactions Received
93,475
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,317
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Depends.

For example my family was far far more concerned for me visiting Miami (brother and sister got an attempted armed car jacking on their honeymoon leaving a nice restaurant.) than south korea even when lil kim was trying to flex.

my city i feel mostly safe but no matter where i am i pay attention. Head up eyes scanning.

after last year i have written off the north (Montana might be fine go to glacier heck the bears are safer than the ppl.) and coasts of the us as a bad risk for at least another 5 years.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Mangoey

Mew

~Angel of Death~
.
Joined
29 November 2018
Messages
2,249
Reactions Received
4,602
Location
England, London
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6
Fandom
Shawol
Gender
Female
Ermm safe isn't something if ever thought about tbh... I guess I feel safe just because I know how to handle living where I live, despite it not being safe area... If that makes sense.
But as a country as a whole I know there's places in the country that arent as safe as they seem to be.
Alot people do live in a bubble... While others aren't as lucky.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Mangoey

Venomous

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
2,809
Reactions Received
6,360
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
10,457
Fandom
Weneebebe
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
Any
Is it just the police, or is racism a more general problem in Minnesota?
Racism is a huge problem here overall. As for the cops, I might be white, but even I don't feel safe. I've had a gun pointed at me during a traffic stop before, all because the owner of the vehicle I was driving had a warrant for failure to appear in a civil case. I can't even imagine what terror POC Minnesotans are forced to endure daily. They called in the National Guard the other night, which is ridiculous. These are people upset about a black man being killed for existing, we don't need more law enforcement presence and militarized policing in response, we need empathy, change, and accountability.
 
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: Mangoey and dnb

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread