Do you have any phobias? (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I would say Lilapsophobia. It makes no sense why I have it so that's why it's one of my phobias.

I don't think there is another one but maybe...Ancraophobia. I don't know where this one came from, to be honest but I can't have my bedroom door be left open when I'm in my room. And I rarely if EVER willingly open my windows.
 
  • Love
Reactions: ADORA

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I don't know if you're referring to the actual disorder phobia or just referring to "the fear of" so if it comes to the actual disorder I'm zoophobic but if we're talking about fears I'm claustrophobic as well :nekosweat:
 

ADORA

a flower hidden in the dark, wanting to bloom🎐🌷
.
Joined
15 December 2020
Messages
9,254
Reactions Received
18,839
Location
A flower that resembles you🎐🍥
Website
heartsforu2.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,460
Fandom
teume/carat
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
I don't know if you're referring to the actual disorder phobia or just referring to "the fear of" so if it comes to the actual disorder I'm zoophobic but if we're talking about fears I'm claustrophobic as well :nekosweat:
I mean both
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mayday

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I would say Lilapsophobia. It makes no sense why I have it so that's why it's one of my phobias.

I don't think there is another one but maybe...Ancraophobia. I don't know where this one came from, to be honest but I can't have my bedroom door be left open when I'm in my room. And I rarely if EVER willingly open my windows.
Just to clarify the first one is more a fear of but I think it's irrational because I've never been in a natural disaster or experienced one. The second one though kicks my anxiety up full throttle.
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: Mayday and ADORA

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Just to clarify the first one is more a fear of but I think it's irrational because I've never been in a natural disaster or experienced one. The second one though kicks my anxiety up full throttle.
Aren't legit phobias caused by trauma though?
 
Joined
14 April 2020
Messages
1,013
Reactions Received
1,693
Location
Ga Atlanta
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
all i got is Bullshitpohbia and AginstLbgtphobia if any of ya'll have this pls get the f away from me *smile*

 
  • Love
Reactions: ADORA

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I think so yes
This story is kinda funny and I'm not gonna go into too much detail but the reason I have zoophobia (even though I own pets) is because when I was young, I got chased by a dog (I was probably 4/5) and I thought it was a goat 😔

I ran into the house saying that my mom was getting attacked by a goat and everyone was like...huh???:haylul:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: ADORA

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Aren't legit phobias caused by trauma though?
No, a legitimate phobia is something that alters the way you live your life because the fear of it is so extreme. It's also usually seen as irrational and not something that is really possible. My fear of tornadoes makes it so that I fear moving to any place that possibly has any type of natural disaster history. I also get super anxious in certain weather despite never having experienced a tornado myself. I get put on edge any Wednesday when the sirens go off even though I know logically they are just testing the sirens.

In all the courses I took I don't recall trauma being part of the diagnosis. Though I'm sure in some cases there is a cause for why someone has one. But I don't think it's necessarily part of every diagnosis of Phobia???
 
  • Like
Reactions: ADORA

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
No, a legitimate phobia is something that alters the way you live your life because the fear of it is so extreme. It's also usually seen as irrational and not something that is really possible. My fear of tornadoes makes it so that I fear moving to any place that possibly has any type of natural disaster history. I also get super anxious in certain weather despite never having experienced a tornado myself. I get put on edge any Wednesday when the sirens go off even though I know logically they are just testing the sirens.

In all the courses I took I don't recall trauma being part of the diagnosis. Though I'm sure in some cases there is a cause for why someone has one. But I don't think it's necessarily part of every diagnosis of Phobia???
Yeah ik I meant that phobias to that extreme are caused by trauma. Like an excessive irrational fear caused by trauma.

I wasn't aware that they could be not caused by trauma, but being that you have anxiety, that could also contribute to it? I'm really not sure since my only actual phobia was based off of what my brain took as trauma so you're most likely correct.
 

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
@Lovely_Cornchips Okay I looked it up and you're right :sanapray:

It really bothers me when people just throw around the word "phobia" though because having a phobia is actually really difficult and tiring. It's not just like screaming when you see a spider. :bigcatcry:

1614701984837.png
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread