Do you have high standards when it comes to the groups you stan? (1 Viewer)

Joined
14 June 2019
Messages
1,558
Reactions Received
2,863
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Or do you love everyone? What are your requirements for stanning? I cannot call myself a stan of any group if I don't like their music AND their vocals. I'm not saying they have to sing like Mariah Carey, but give me something! I understand that NOT everyone can be a vocalist in a group but at least know how to sing a quick little something :blownyoungbae: With that being said, there are some groups/idols I really like personality-wise though.
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,386
Reactions Received
151,399
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Ay, must be the best, I'm 내 온몸으로 시동 거는 :sanapray:
Jk th groups I stan I love their music so much and personalities. I don't know if it's high standards so much as not having time to stan everyone, so I end up only stanning those that are amazing in both categories.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: Yili and milk
Joined
14 June 2019
Messages
1,558
Reactions Received
2,863
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ay, must be the best, I'm 내 온몸으로 시동 거는 :sanapray:
Jk th groups I stan I love their music so much and personalities. I don't know if it's high standards so much as not having time to stan everyone, so I end up only stanning those that are amazing in both categories.
no need to question your stanning based on the kings in your forum layout :queen:
 
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: Yili and Ahsoka

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
what usually piques my interest is the music, so a group better have decent music and be competent at you know,, meeting minimum requirements of their job
but at the same time, idol pop shouldn't be your go-to place for quality music (sorry but it's a big yikes if it is), so a large part comes from personality and visuals for me too
for example, yuan yiqi (not a group but bear with me): she isn't exactly the prettiest, but I like how her visuals aren't super polished (it's kind of her charm for me), nor is she the most talented, but she is able to sing live while dancing without sounding too bad. her whole "intense gamer girl" thing is cute too. too bad snh48 (again) has no good songs
 
  • Like
Reactions: milk

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
.
Joined
4 December 2018
Messages
3,200
Reactions Received
11,455
Location
USA
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
205
Fandom
Once, Sone
Gender
Male
I'm not a talent stan.

And I don't have any sort of set standards.

If I like their music. And feel an emotional connection to the group and some members.

I'll stan.

It's an emotional reaction.. Rather than any sort of defined process or bullet list.

Do I emotional connect? That's the determinant.
 
  • Like
Reactions: mysteric

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I consider myself a stan when I like most of their music, think they have great vocals or talent, and I love the members or am interested in the members personality-wise and shit.
 
  • Like
Reactions: milk
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
Well...................... Hmmmmmm.....................

I don't care for them to be good singers, good dancers, visuals, innovators, kings or queens of this or that. Nothing of that. I do care for liking their music, more like LOVING their music, to begin following them (become a fan). With time they may grow in me or they may get stagnant. When they make me cry over an MV, or a new song, or a performance..... then I know I stan them.

To me stanning is not about meeting any kind of technical criteria or checking off bullet points. To me stanning is passion.
 
  • Like
Reactions: uhgr8
Joined
13 November 2020
Messages
534
Reactions Received
827
Location
Thedas
Website
www.instagram.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female, Non-Binary
I really only stan groups were I loVE their music, where every album I can just loop for hours or days and never get sick of it. Ofc there's always a couple of songs I don't vibe with still, but if the majority is good we're good.
I can't really say if there's a difference between what kinda groups are going to do that for me though lol I think I really like unique voices and music with a darker concept.
There's a bunch of groups where I love a lot of songs or I love the members personalities, but I don't find myself really falling down the rabbit hole if they didn't have at least an album or 2 I've grown obsessed with.
 

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
personalities are the most important for me bc i like the boyz and got7 but I don't like their older music b-sides as much bc I don't think it fits them as well as what they do nowadays.
 
  • Like
Reactions: milk

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
If they have catchy music I do get interested but I don't have a set criteria of how talented/skilled each member should be. That's always a bonus of course, but if I can connect with their personalities and get emotionally invested, I'm in. Personality/visuals do play a major role for me so that's why I'm a lot more into girl groups, compared to boy groups where I need to like both the members and the music.

I still need to find the girl group music good of course, but I'm more forgiving with them and stan them much quicker coz the members are just more fun to follow usually.
 
  • Like
Reactions: milk

Tickita

𝒜𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓃𝒸𝒾𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝓈𝓊𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓇.
.
.
.
Joined
30 January 2020
Messages
26,480
Reactions Received
39,142
Location
We're no strangers to love.
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,434
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
Oh my goodness you used my gifmoji

I just need them to be their own group. I know everyone has their influences and whatnot, but they can still have their own color.
 
  • Love
Reactions: milk

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
So so... They have to be kinda bold to get my attention
 
  • Like
Reactions: milk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread