COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Do you have high standards when it comes to the groups you stan? (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Or do you love everyone? What are your requirements for stanning? I cannot call myself a stan of any group if I don't like their music AND their vocals. I'm not saying they have to sing like Mariah Carey, but give me something! I understand that NOT everyone can be a vocalist in a group but at least know how to sing a quick little something :blownyoungbae: With that being said, there are some groups/idols I really like personality-wise though.

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Ay, must be the best, I'm 내 온몸으로 시동 거는 :sanapray:
Jk th groups I stan I love their music so much and personalities. I don't know if it's high standards so much as not having time to stan everyone, so I end up only stanning those that are amazing in both categories.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ay, must be the best, I'm 내 온몸으로 시동 거는 :sanapray:
Jk th groups I stan I love their music so much and personalities. I don't know if it's high standards so much as not having time to stan everyone, so I end up only stanning those that are amazing in both categories.
no need to question your stanning based on the kings in your forum layout :queen:

mysteric

.*゚+ rest in peace our little pear blossom *+.
Reactions Received
Website
aespas.carrd.com
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU & MY
Pronouns
she ♡ her
Ship
what usually piques my interest is the music, so a group better have decent music and be competent at you know,, meeting minimum requirements of their job
but at the same time, idol pop shouldn't be your go-to place for quality music (sorry but it's a big yikes if it is), so a large part comes from personality and visuals for me too
for example, yuan yiqi (not a group but bear with me): she isn't exactly the prettiest, but I like how her visuals aren't super polished (it's kind of her charm for me), nor is she the most talented, but she is able to sing live while dancing without sounding too bad. her whole "intense gamer girl" thing is cute too. too bad snh48 (again) has no good songs

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
Reactions Received
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
KS Coins
Fandom
Once, Sone
I'm not a talent stan.

And I don't have any sort of set standards.

If I like their music. And feel an emotional connection to the group and some members.

I'll stan.

It's an emotional reaction.. Rather than any sort of defined process or bullet list.

Do I emotional connect? That's the determinant.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
i usually wait till the first comeback to fully call myself a stan just i know if im going to like what they put out

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I consider myself a stan when I like most of their music, think they have great vocals or talent, and I love the members or am interested in the members personality-wise and shit.

Yachii

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Hackers
Well...................... Hmmmmmm.....................

I don't care for them to be good singers, good dancers, visuals, innovators, kings or queens of this or that. Nothing of that. I do care for liking their music, more like LOVING their music, to begin following them (become a fan). With time they may grow in me or they may get stagnant. When they make me cry over an MV, or a new song, or a performance..... then I know I stan them.

To me stanning is not about meeting any kind of technical criteria or checking off bullet points. To me stanning is passion.

Reactions Received
Website
www.instagram.com
KS Coins
I really only stan groups were I loVE their music, where every album I can just loop for hours or days and never get sick of it. Ofc there's always a couple of songs I don't vibe with still, but if the majority is good we're good.
I can't really say if there's a difference between what kinda groups are going to do that for me though lol I think I really like unique voices and music with a darker concept.
There's a bunch of groups where I love a lot of songs or I love the members personalities, but I don't find myself really falling down the rabbit hole if they didn't have at least an album or 2 I've grown obsessed with.

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
Reactions Received
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi <3
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
personalities are the most important for me bc i like the boyz and got7 but I don't like their older music b-sides as much bc I don't think it fits them as well as what they do nowadays.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
If they have catchy music I do get interested but I don't have a set criteria of how talented/skilled each member should be. That's always a bonus of course, but if I can connect with their personalities and get emotionally invested, I'm in. Personality/visuals do play a major role for me so that's why I'm a lot more into girl groups, compared to boy groups where I need to like both the members and the music.

I still need to find the girl group music good of course, but I'm more forgiving with them and stan them much quicker coz the members are just more fun to follow usually.

Tickita

♦️🍰♥️
Reactions Received
Website
tickittaa.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
KingCassie
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
Oh my goodness you used my gifmoji

I just need them to be their own group. I know everyone has their influences and whatnot, but they can still have their own color.

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
So so... They have to be kinda bold to get my attention

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread