Do you hope mental illness gets taken more seriously in kpop moving forward? (1 Viewer)

Joined
15 October 2019
Messages
2
Reactions Received
11
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
What happened makes me so angry, I hate reading stories about this. As someone who lost a friend the same way, it really hurts me when seeing stuff like this. Mental illness is huge thing and people need to take it more seriously. I know how strict the kpop industry is and they often don’t take in account of their idol’s mental health but they should. Shouldn’t this start the change? I’m just so upset, I don’t want this to happen anymore.
https://sarkariresult.onl/ Mobdro https://pnrstatus.vip/
 
Last edited:

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,386
Reactions Received
151,399
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
In sorry you had to go through that. I do hope they change things but I'm not sure if they will considering this isn't the first time it's happened. We can always hope though, for the sake of everyone involved
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I think that companies are trying to be better about it, but the entertainment industry just rly harsh. No wonder lot of idols end up having mental issues.
 
Joined
15 October 2019
Messages
22
Reactions Received
45
Location
Saturn
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Non-Binary
I think everyone hopes it's going to get better, but I don't see how it will without some amount of societal acknowledgement that depression is even a problem. The stigma against getting help makes this an uphill battle.

Bom's career was almost completely destroyed for bringing psych meds home, there's a lot that needs to happen.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Wingfrost

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I hope so but that hope is still so little
 

Mew

~Angel of Death~
.
Joined
29 November 2018
Messages
2,249
Reactions Received
4,602
Location
England, London
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6
Fandom
Shawol
Gender
Female
Tbh I been hoping since mental illness would be taken seriously in general since I was 12...im 30 now.. having to deal with my mother's paranoid schizophrenia M, having to visit her in drugged up states in a mental was the worst thing.. Having to hid my own depression, self harming and suicide attempts because back then all they would do was throw me in a teenage mental facility and pump me full of drugs... In my country people may be talking about mental health but they aren't really helping to fund the mental hospitals and staff... Its usually all talk
There's always been a issue, but no one seemed to be aware of it cause it didn't affect them much like a lot of things.
It's not specifically kpop but Korean culture that needs to take mental health more seriously. Suicide rates are high in Korea in general, and have been for a couples years but not much has changed.
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
Not only in kpop.

Still if at least Korea learned would be something already

We can deal with our english speaking trolls, with the korean speaking ones we cant do much
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

Foxia

.
Joined
14 May 2019
Messages
942
Reactions Received
2,692
Location
Hope World
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I hope so, but it'll be a long road. I'm afraid companies won't care that much, I think they will "forget" about this after a while.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji
Joined
1 March 2019
Messages
2,294
Reactions Received
10,938
Location
Neo City
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Wreck
Mental illness has already been a controversial topic, not just in Korea.
I doubt that two incidents will change everyone’s view, but it will start more conversation.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Willow
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
Mental illness has already been a controversial topic, not just in Korea.
I doubt that two incidents will change everyone’s view, but it will start more conversation.
ABSOLUTELY :pepecry2:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread