COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Do You Keep Track of Who Has Given You Cards? (2 Viewers)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I was wondering if others do this?
Or
if you don't do you make card threads saying thank you to everyone?
Do you not make completion threads period?
Or
do you rush around and look for who gave you what right before posting?

(also this isn't meant to be a shaming thread I was just genuinely curious what others do)

Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 12.36.56 PM.png

I have a notes app on my Computer that I update whenever I make a trade with someone.
I erase them when I complete the set though-I used to just keep them all.

What about you?​

mio

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
yes but sometimes I forget to update so imma do that right now :haylul:

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
@OnlyCalB might hv a easier way for this; your way loses track of username changes(tho i suppose so does cal's). Catqirl, peachy n me all changed usernames since.

I just do a search cos i usually cant find notes i wrote from too far bk.:haylul::lisalaugh::dubuthink::jisoosmh:(also too much work to write notes for cards i might trade away l8r)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
@OnlyCalB might hv a easier way for this; your way loses track of username changes(tho i suppose so does cal's). Catqirl, peachy n me all changed usernames since.

I just do a search cos i usually cant find notes i wrote from too far bk.:haylul::lisalaugh::dubuthink::jisoosmh:(also too much work to write notes for cards i might trade away l8r)
It'd be easier if people DIDN'T change their names but that's a whole other argument
:haylul::haylul::haylul:

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
I keep a list similar to you Chipsy. If someone has changed their username, once I put their tags in I click preview to view their tag and their new username shows up so I then make the changes.
:pikasmart:

The list is the quickest way for me personally. If I've ever forgotten a name though I do a search with keywords.
:pikahappy:

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
💡 Lightbulb
Ship
I don't track it and I don't make completion threads, though I really want to sometimes. Mainly cause I'm actually so grateful for some users that were willing to trade with me :maheart:

It's too much effort though :wimwim: :haylul:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
i search sometimes it lets me down but mostly it works.

ParksQueen301

Park boys are king
Reactions Received
Website
www.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
multi
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I've got a handy-dandy spreadsheet with all my cards, how I got them, if I traded them or whatnot, who I traded with, and the new cards I got for them. Although, I do like Chipsy's idea, too.

@OnlyCalB can you elaborate on what you do about username changes? I'm confused about where you said "Once I put their tags in, I click preview to view their tag, and the new username pops up". lol

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
I've got a handy-dandy spreadsheet with all my cards, how I got them, if I traded them or whatnot, who I traded with, and the new cards I got for them. Although, I do like Chipsy's idea, too.

@OnlyCalB can you elaborate on what you do about username changes? I'm confused about where you said "Once I put their tags in, I click preview to view their tag, and the new username pops up". lol
I must have been on some other planet when I wrote that, as it's not that clear at all.
:nekosweat::lisalaugh:

Basically, if I intend to keep a card I get via trade I write down who gave it too me. At the time I write down their name obviously their username is current. So like for example:

> Dreamcatcher Rare: Yoohyeon - @berrymochi917

Now, if you were to change your username all I'd have to do is hover my mouse over your name (not click preview, that might be where the confusion is from my first message lol) and your current username will show. Then I just change the tag to the current username. Now most usernames I keep track of as I'm active and notice the chances. But if someone I don't interact with too often changed their name I might not notice and not be aware of what it's changed to. So doing this helps ALOT.

So if you want to start doing this, find a space in your trading thread (If you have one) or elsewhere and write down the card you are keeping an who gave it to you. Then, when it comes time to make your completion thread update any username changes and then process with giving thanks as usual.
:sanapray: :pikahappy: :saranghae:

ParksQueen301

Park boys are king
Reactions Received
Website
www.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
multi
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I must have been on some other planet when I wrote that, as it's not that clear at all.
:nekosweat::lisalaugh:

Basically, if I intend to keep a card I get via trade I write down who gave it too me. At the time I write down their name obviously their username is current. So like for example:

> Dreamcatcher Rare: Yoohyeon - @berrymochi917

Now, if you were to change your username all I'd have to do is hover my mouse over your name (not click preview, that might be where the confusion is from my first message lol) and your current username will show. Then I just change the tag to the current username. Now most usernames I keep track of as I'm active and notice the chances. But if someone I don't interact with too often changed their name I might not notice and not be aware of what it's changed to. So doing this helps ALOT.

So if you want to start doing this, find a space in your trading thread (If you have one) or elsewhere and write down the card you are keeping an who gave it to you. Then, when it comes time to make your completion thread update any username changes and then process with giving thanks as usual.
:sanapray: :pikahappy: :saranghae:
thx for the tip!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread