Do you know someone who can't tell idols apart? (2 Viewers)

Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
I do...

My step mom can't tell any of the BTS members apart. Once she said that a picture of Taehyung was attractive but it was Suga and I spent the next 2 hours laughing.

Another time was when I was watching the SUJU 'I Think I' MV on my laptop and she walked in, asking me which BTS song it was... I was laughing so hard XDDD


Any stories to tell?​
 
Joined
15 August 2019
Messages
246
Reactions Received
866
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
my mom can tell them apart but she still says things that make me laugh so hard like

mom: "he's (lucas, nct/wayv) not very cute"
me: "why??"
mom: "i don't like his... upper lip"
 
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
my mom can tell them apart but she still says things that make me laugh so hard like

mom: "he's (lucas, nct/wayv) not very cute"
me: "why??"
mom: "i don't like his... upper lip"
Awwww.
What's wrong with his upperlip? XD
 
  • Like
Reactions: potato and Jichuus
Joined
15 August 2019
Messages
246
Reactions Received
866
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
Joined
15 August 2019
Messages
246
Reactions Received
866
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
Joined
23 June 2019
Messages
1,759
Reactions Received
10,279
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
::raises hand:: I can't tell idols apart and BTS is the absolute worst... ... But then I do have proso.

Also they also think there is a connection between faces you see as a kid and being able to tell people apart later in life. So LITERALLY to some people all of a certain race look the same to them. Look up the cross-race effect
 
Joined
1 June 2019
Messages
4,641
Reactions Received
11,710
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
5
Fandom
EXO-L
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
My boyfriend used to be like that and go "oh so EXO member released a rap song? It sounds good" when I was watching AgustD. I brought home like 15 posters of Wang Yibo and when I showed it to him he's like "Isn't that J-Hope"? I thought you liked "Sugar" best out of BTS :lisalaugh: When I told him it was a Chinese Idol and Actor he was like "Oh so now you've moved to China too?"
He can now tell apart EXO members especially Baekhyun but still has a bit of a trouble with BTS and now that I am into Yibo and Xiao Zhan he's even more confused but bless him for trying.
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
719
Reactions Received
6,480
Location
Buddy Hole @ Zoom
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I have to admit I do sometimes when I’m getting into a group (takes forever to learn names). My roommate has the same issue for gen 3 groups (she can only distinguish gen 2 members apart)
 
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
My boyfriend used to be like that and go "oh so EXO member released a rap song? It sounds good" when I was watching AgustD. I brought home like 15 posters of Wang Yibo and when I showed it to him he's like "Isn't that J-Hope"? I thought you liked "Sugar" best out of BTS :lisalaugh: When I told him it was a Chinese Idol and Actor he was like "Oh so now you've moved to China too?"
He can now tell apart EXO members especially Baekhyun but still has a bit of a trouble with BTS and now that I am into Yibo and Xiao Zhan he's even more confused but bless him for trying.
XDDD
"Sugar" Love that.

Yibo is great :sanapray:
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,386
Reactions Received
151,399
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
::raises hand:: I can't tell idols apart and BTS is the absolute worst... ... But then I do have proso.

Also they also think there is a connection between faces you see as a kid and being able to tell people apart later in life. So LITERALLY to some people all of a certain race look the same to them. Look up the cross-race effect
I have a really hard time with this, to be honest.
Bad recognition squad here we go :sj_weary:
 

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
Most people I know irl don't/won't make a concerted effort to even bother with kpop (which is based on their experiences with fangirls).. But personally I learn facial recognition by osmossis, meaning if I watch enough interviews/variety shows or see them enough I can recognize them fairly quickly.. Not with BTS, but then again I don't really care about BTS, so...
 
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
Most people I know irl don't/won't make a concerted effort to even bother with kpop (which is based on their experiences with fangirls).. But personally I learn facial recognition by osmossis, meaning if I watch enough interviews/variety shows or see them enough I can recognize them fairly quickly.. Not with BTS, but then again I don't really care about BTS, so...
that sounds fairly helpful
 
  • Like
Reactions: potato
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
that sounds fairly helpful
I mean it is daunting if we're talking about groups with thousands of members. But still particular idols are really recognizable (i.e. Kyungsoo, Siwon, Sehun, Woohyun, Yoseob, Sunmi)...
 
  • Like
Reactions: MinSquishy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread