- Joined
- 24 October 2018
- Messages
- 55,379
- Reactions Received
- 41,052
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 238,208
- Fandom
- Mingyutized
- Gender
- Female
- Pronouns
- She/Her
- Ship
Oh noAlso my old cat once put a dead bird beneath the covers of my parents bed. Not even on top, it was snuggled in there.![]()
Opossum not possummy childhood cat brought me a possum once. But me being 11 and developmentally delayed, I didn't think about it being an unwelcome gift. It was like almost dead and I thought it was a mouse at the time, so I brought it inside and tried to give it some cheese bc I knew mice ate cheese... lol my mom was furious with me!
tomato, tomahto... lolOpossum not possumIt’s not an issue I just noticed the discrepancy. Or at least what is commonly accepted by scientists, colloquially people are more split on the spelling because why not
![]()
It’s just that there does exist a species called a possum in Australia so while usually people would understand it can in some cases confuse peopletomato, tomahto... lol
You see, my lazy ass never actually looked up the difference, now I'm seeing it soo uh this is so awkwardIt’s just that there does exist a species called a possum in Australia so while usually people would understand it can in some cases confuse people
Opossum:
![]()
Possum:
![]()
I think colloquially some people pronounce opossum as possum, and sometimes they also just use possum for both not knowing that there’s a different possum. It’s a lot of confusion aroundYou see, my lazy ass never actually looked up the difference, now I'm seeing it soo uh this is so awkward
I'm am never mistaking them again lol
Please, I have problems with those animals, I've seen themIt’s just that there does exist a species called a possum in Australia so while usually people would understand it can in some cases confuse people
Opossum:
![]()
Possum:
![]()