Do you prefer male or female vocals (1 Viewer)

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
I don't think I have a preference. Though I've realized that I look for different things in male vs female voices.
For example I like male voices when they're really deep and smooth, sort of like PLT's Gaho.
Meanwhile for female voices, I like more unique sounding voices? Like Heize's or Bibi's.​
 

Areum

Seongwha's Wife
.
Joined
5 January 2021
Messages
5,947
Reactions Received
14,469
Location
- ATEEZ's studio
Website
www.instagram.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
139
Fandom
Multi
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/#1 ATINY
Ship
I like male voices when they are either deep or soothing (like Jungkook (BTS) or Felix & Bang Chan (Stray Kids))
I like female voices like Hwasa (Maria) and Nayeon (TWICE)
 
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Mangoey
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,622
Reactions Received
93,433
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,546
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I love both. I have lots and lots of albums pretty evenly split aggregate..

Pop say 60 - 40 female
kpop all female
Country /bluegrass -50 50
Rock heavy male
Jazz more male
The rest split evenly

too many to mention.
 
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Mangoey

Mew

~Angel of Death~
.
Joined
29 November 2018
Messages
2,249
Reactions Received
4,602
Location
England, London
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6
Fandom
Shawol
Gender
Female
Overall mid to lower voices registers better with me, male or female (not too low though) as higher pitched vocals give me migraines.
I suppose since the majority of kpop males have lower tones it more favourable to my ears, but I love my higher pitched GG songs so I suffer through it.
The balance of the two is preferable, like Kard. (but you know kpop aren't ready for those mix groups, they tried a couple of times.. Lol)
So male groups are more favourable to my ears (not to say they produce better songs, it's equal for me) but I've noticed I enjoy female soloist alot more generally than males soloists.
 
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Mangoey

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
In K-Pop I tend to like male voices more but outside of that I'm more drawn to female vocals.
I think the main thing is cuz like 90% of GG music is set to a higher key and you barely hear any lower stuff unless u have low vocals in your group, which is completely different from Non K-Pop female artists I listen to.

K-Pop male vocals tend to have a bit more variety imo, though outside of K-Pop most male singers have the same kind of whiny sound to their voice idk lol
 
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Mangoey

Panda

.
.
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
8,755
Reactions Received
24,302
Location
Somewhere Near Bamboo
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12
Fandom
Starlight
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
For me, it's a little weird
in groups, I prefer male voices
but soloists, I prefer female voices lmao
 
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Mangoey

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
Mmm I enjoy both. Female vocals make me more emotional and just seem more powerful while male vocals are mostly for the EDM/Dark style I usually enjoy.
 
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: Mangoey and Willow

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread