Do you prefer to keep up with stuff while it's airing/publishing or binge when it's over? (1 Viewer)

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
Thread came to mind since it's Jujutsu Kaisen friday :sj_weary:

I'm watching and reading Jujutsu Kaisen weekly and also reading MHA weekly, I find it really fun to talk to people about what's happened each week or just seeing people's reactions, I also know there's a lot of people who prefer to wait until a series is over or if it's a really long series they'll wait for a few arcs to be over and then binge on those few arcs instead (my brother does this with MHA manga).

As much as i'd love to be able to watch currently airing anime all in one go i'm also really enjoying having something to look forward to each week and seeing other people's reactions as it happens! Of couse I can't do anything about it if I only discover something after it's aired but I think it's slightly more fun watching/reading stuff while it's still going rather than binging it all at the end. Not sure i'd be able to keep up with too many ongoing things weekly though so it's probably good I haven't started Attack on Titan yet otherwise I might start getting behind on both AOT and JJK eheh
 

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
Okay but would you rather wait for current anime to finish and then binge or would you rather watch it weekly and enjoy it with the fandom :wimwim:
i watch it weekly but i dont have anyone to talk to about them cuz myanimelist scares me :wimwim:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: NASA

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
i watch it weekly but i dont have anyone to talk to about them cuz myanimelist scares me :wimwim:
I generally dont post on MAL either but mainly because I don't really know anyone on there and people generally don't discuss as much as they just post their own opinions and leave, I only really post there if something happened for me to feel curious enough to venture into the forum section. I enjoy seeing people's reactions and theories and stuff on twitter and tumblr tho! I still don't reply to many people but a lot of the memes that come up after each episode or chapter of smth are really fun. For Jujutsu Kaisen I mostly talk to people on KS and there's even people in my guild on World of Warcraft watching it so we talk about it in our guild discord a lot too :D
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I generally dont post on MAL either but mainly because I don't really know anyone on there and people generally don't discuss as much as they just post their own opinions and leave, I only really post there if something happened for me to feel curious enough to venture into the forum section. I enjoy seeing people's reactions and theories and stuff on twitter and tumblr tho! I still don't reply to many people but a lot of the memes that come up after each episode or chapter of smth are really fun. For Jujutsu Kaisen I mostly talk to people on KS and there's even people in my guild on World of Warcraft watching it so we talk about it in our guild discord a lot too :D
thats great :sanapray: MAL is also really judgy when someone has a different opinion than you so it can get pretty toxic from what I've seen too :wimwim:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: NASA

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
thats great :sanapray: MAL is also really judgy when someone has a different opinion than you so it can get pretty toxic from what I've seen too :wimwim:
I've seen a lot of really dumb arguments like say person A says something like 'x character is a fkin idiot and all these terrible things i hope they eat shit n die' and then person B replying like 'dude are you r-word? they're the pinnacle of the entire show and sun shines out of their ass etc etc' but other than that I think the user base just generally doesn't seem to interact with each other much. It doesn't seem friendly but it doesn't seem unfriendly either if that makes sense
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I've seen a lot of really dumb arguments like say person A says something like 'x character is a fkin idiot and all these terrible things i hope they eat shit n die' and then person B replying like 'dude are you r-word? they're the pinnacle of the entire show and sun shines out of their ass etc etc' but other than that I think the user base just generally doesn't seem to interact with each other much. It doesn't seem friendly but it doesn't seem unfriendly either if that makes sense
thing is even if a character has the sun shining out of their ass they can be an idiot :pikasmart: just look at Hinata :haylul:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: NASA

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
Yes because I don't have enough patience to wait a week for a new episode :wimwim:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: NASA
Joined
23 May 2020
Messages
68
Reactions Received
96
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
i try to watch it while it's airing as it's better for me to organize myself.

and people from MAL are usually people i try to avoid because they are... not really friendly in general.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread