Do you tend to listen.. (1 Viewer)

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
.. music from just certain place/places or are your tastes more international?

For me it quite never made sense why people expect you to just listen music from your own country and English speaking world, and only in your own language and English. Even English was unknown and foreign language for me at one point, while I listened lot of songs in the English as kid I could just understand word or two- same as Kpop right now. And ofc I listened other music in other languages as well so I never found it odd.

I listen music from;

  • Korea (duh)
  • Japan
  • Finland
  • UK
  • USA
  • Germany
  • Australia
  • Russia
  • Thailand
  • Probably in lot of other European countries, but I don't always know where the music is from.. and sometimes all the creators can be from different countries like with Studio Killers it's mix of European countries.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I listen to whatever I like. My parents never really liked how passionate I was about Korean Music, but what can I do if I just enjoy it. I also have been listening to Russian music from time to time again. I also love this song:

 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,239
Reactions Received
76,670
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,772
Ship
Wreck
I'm open to listening to any kind of music and I didn't even realise people thought it was weird listening to music you couldn't understand honestly as when I was younger I knew people who listened to Rammstein and they didn't know German.
 

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
I like music from different countries, I don’t even need to understand the lyrics if the sound is good and the voice is nice. Sometimes it's better to not understand anyway :jisoosmh:
 
Last edited:
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,075
Reactions Received
52,950
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
171,687
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
In my country, when I was smol, people listened to songs in English, (which I understand), local languages Malay, Chinese(Cantonese{HK} or Mandarin{Taiwan or later China}-which I hardly understood then n only little better now) n Indian(not sure if Hindi or Tamil), as its multi-cultural country here. But I only listened to English songs for a long time. Sometimes I listened to Malay songs for a while but only this specific Malay female singer (u could say she's an idol in my country/but I dint buy her albums n couldn't re-listen as Internet/Spotify wasn't around then[circa mid-late '90s{don't remember year I liked this singer/or just a few songs maybe}.
Forgot I listened/liked this Chinese/HK singer in the 80s n Faye Wong in 90s also without buying albums but just singing in my head after hearing a few times. Then J-pop on tv but not memorizing just watching shows on tv then.
Then in 2000s I first heard kpop ard 2009 ig, but only in mid-2018 I started intensively listening even without understanding n making a Hangul/romanization/English translation of certain songs so I could sing along/understand the lyrics.
So for me it's an evolution/progression. The feelings it evokes in me is most important; started with English songs, along the way heard some other language (common/widespread in my country but not my 1st language) songs, then slowly over the last 20+ years heard outside my comfort zone n finally I love kpop for the feels I get from listening to my ults n biases n other casual/serious likes(artistes or girl groups-BP/Gfriend/Chungha/Somi or others). If I found other country/languages music that affect me the same way, I'd try them.
 
Joined
22 April 2019
Messages
1,118
Reactions Received
2,529
Location
ᶦᵗˢ ᵃ ˢᵉᶜʳᵉᵗ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I usually listen to Korean and Japanese songs the majority of the time. Since I got into K-POP & J-POP, I mostly listen to them. I just got back into listening to English songs until recently. I grew up listening to Japanese, Chinese and English songs. During middle and high school I did listen to Thai music. I also listen to a bit of Spanish songs if it from my fav artists.
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
I grew up only listening to Tamil and English music. But kpop gave me exposure to music from a different country and I began discovering artists and songs from other countries as well. My horizons have definitely been broadened since listening to kpop and I'm thankful for that.
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
I think we all, especially those who listen to modern pop and every classic rock, tend to have a bias towards England or Europe, as a lot of modern and older artists are from there (i.e. One Direction, Jessie J, Led Zeppelin, etc.). Given that, I would say my most listened to Genre are K-Pop and EDM... Since a lot of EDM comes from Nordic Countries (i.e. Sweden, Denmark, Norway) I would say: Korea, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Britain... United States.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread