Do you think humans can be truly free? (2 Viewers)

Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
5,718
Reactions Received
22,690
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
within this world filled with laws and boundaries.. and inside these limited and fragile bodies, and our complex and often toxic minds.. is there such a thing as freedom?
..also, how free do you consider yourself to be, and why/why not?

I am not so sure about that... I think it depends on what kind of person you are and where you are, how fortunate you are... but I think there's a curse that dwells in us humans that makes us always want what we can't have, our greed and selfishness, and I think that life always comes with some kind of agony.. personally I don't believe I can ever be free. I always felt trapped inside myself, my flawed mind & body, and though this world is much bigger than me and there's so much yet to discover, at times I feel trapped in it as well..but I try not to think of what I cannot do and focus on all that I'm blessed with hehe..

 
Joined
22 April 2019
Messages
1,557
Reactions Received
4,625
Location
Small Magellanic Cloud
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Freedom combined with wisdom is the only thing I wish for humanity.

As for how free I am, I'd say quite a lot. I am not oppressed by laws, and traditions and religions have no power over me.
But even if no laws existed in this world, I wouldn't harm another human (or alien).
 
Last edited:

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I think that we humans believe we are free eventhough we are actually pretty limited. That's one of the reason I think the simulation theory makes sense.
 

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
No, there is society judging you, there are laws limiting you... And SOMEHOW that's fine because some people are crazy and to live in the same society, we need to respect each other and act in a KINDA similar way. And the rules are not always respected anyway. There are also a lot of things we know nothing about, but I guess that's already another story about conspirancy theories and all lol.
 
Joined
23 June 2019
Messages
1,759
Reactions Received
10,279
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Humans will never be free so long as they hold on to lust, greed, glutton, envy, wrath and entitlement. Personally I think Pride is less of an issue, because pride can build confidence, but it is entitlement that is the true sin.

For example we boast free speech but people hold their tongue and say nothing because they fear being politically incorrect. Can't risk offending anyone can we? God forbid people be adults and understand people have their own opinion.

People have dreams for their lives but are bound by worries of money and debt. A lot of this money issue is brought on by greedy people who have their hands in places they shouldn't. Just look up government student loans and their blood sucking interest rates. Look up why they won't give us "free health care". Herd a politician on the news blatantly say it would put insurance companies out of business. Free health insurance doesn't mean companies can't offer private medical coverage. Sure we can give illegals in CA free health insurance payed by, ironically, the tax payers who can't health insurance. Rather that tax on tax payers go to the vets who struggling and in deep debt with their care.

And who here has met someone who feels they are owed something for who they are and go around making life harder for people who have nothing to do with the situation. They never try for themselves to get what they want they just throw and tantrum and expect it to be handed to them.

Then I want to speak about wrath. People are angry, and rightfully so, about some stupid things that happened in the past here in America. They then copy and paste this on to other cultures. Rather then being and adult and explaining this is offensive they rile up in anger and take to fight. Everyone should know what happened-blah-blah-blah it's not an excuse. Different country-different history, and surprise, not every culture is going to find the same things offensive.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,585
Reactions Received
93,411
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
186,783
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
No
The only way for true freedom is to be alone on the planet.
That is highly unlikely.

Death is unlikely to bring freedom. Either there is some sort of god/ after/next/life which is dependent on some sort of rules, or there is nothing and nothing is not free because its nothing or non-existence.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Society and civilization in a way is built on limiting people's freedom to an extent, so I don't think anyone can be truly free. Of course the more power you have, or the higher you are in the societal hierarchy, you can get away with more freedom but even that will be looked at and frowned upon coz others will perceive that freedom to be coming at the expense of someone else. And once the weight of responsibility sets in, freedom is often the first casualty.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread