Do You Think Marriage is Overrated? (1 Viewer)

kinnie

𓇼 ⋆.˚ 𓆉 𓆝 𓆡⋆.˚ 𓇼
.
Joined
13 January 2020
Messages
8,188
Reactions Received
16,643
Location
𓂃𓂃𓂃 ོ ☼
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,179
Fandom
bork
Gender
Female
Ship
Why yes, yes it is.
Unless it's for religious reasons I don't believe in marriage.
It does come with its perks I'll admit but promising
your life away to someone else? No thank you.
Love is romantic and sweet, you don't have to
feel obligated to wear a ring and have kids to prove that.
Goodbye nuclear families.
​
 

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
I think the way people think about it and why they do it is overrated. Like if u wanna marry bc god says so that's fine but you don't have to, and if u do it doesn't have to be bc of god either, u can also marry just bc u want ur relationship to be legally recognised, maybe it's bc the financial stuff, or maybe u just wanna have a celebration of ur love and union and be able to have a special day for it every year.

I wanna get married and I will, but only for the aesthetics. If it isn't a grand wedding it's not happening :nekopout: i'm going to have the most sparkly flowing dress, and it's gonna be in the most beautiful venue! And no one else is allowed to wear sparkly dresses, u can have as much jewelry as u want but only i'm allowed to be bejewelled from head to toe otherwise i'll get security to remove you. Oh and i'm only getting married once and no divorces! Cuz that ruins the aesthetic of getting married in the first place :nekopout:
 
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
I think the way people think about it and why they do it is overrated. Like if u wanna marry bc god says so that's fine but you don't have to, and if u do it doesn't have to be bc of god either, u can also marry just bc u want ur relationship to be legally recognised, maybe it's bc the financial stuff, or maybe u just wanna have a celebration of ur love and union and be able to have a special day for it every year.

I wanna get married and I will, but only for the aesthetics. If it isn't a grand wedding it's not happening :nekopout: i'm going to have the most sparkly flowing dress, and it's gonna be in the most beautiful venue! And no one else is allowed to wear sparkly dresses, u can have as much jewelry as u want but only i'm allowed to be bejewelled from head to toe otherwise i'll get security to remove you. Oh and i'm only getting married once and no divorces! Cuz that ruins the aesthetic of getting married in the first place :nekopout:
it is overrated but I think like you @NASA
 
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
5,078
Reactions Received
14,232
Location
CL's cherry tree
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
GZB
Gender
Female
Ship
I totally agree with you. Like, while you are in love and in a relationship with someone you think you will be with them forever but anything could happen and end up splitting. Then divorcing and splitting stuff, money, etc... seems too complicated and troublesome. I'm not religious at all, but I think if someone I'm in love with proposed to me I would totally say yes lmao I'm in contradictory with myself as always x)
Edit: I think most ppl nowadays do it just because it's a trend
 

kinnie

𓇼 ⋆.˚ 𓆉 𓆝 𓆡⋆.˚ 𓇼
.
Joined
13 January 2020
Messages
8,188
Reactions Received
16,643
Location
𓂃𓂃𓂃 ོ ☼
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,179
Fandom
bork
Gender
Female
Ship
I think the way people think about it and why they do it is overrated. Like if u wanna marry bc god says so that's fine but you don't have to, and if u do it doesn't have to be bc of god either, u can also marry just bc u want ur relationship to be legally recognised, maybe it's bc the financial stuff, or maybe u just wanna have a celebration of ur love and union and be able to have a special day for it every year.

I wanna get married and I will, but only for the aesthetics. If it isn't a grand wedding it's not happening :nekopout: i'm going to have the most sparkly flowing dress, and it's gonna be in the most beautiful venue! And no one else is allowed to wear sparkly dresses, u can have as much jewelry as u want but only i'm allowed to be bejewelled from head to toe otherwise i'll get security to remove you. Oh and i'm only getting married once and no divorces! Cuz that ruins the aesthetic of getting married in the first place :nekopout:
Invite meh, please. Oh and Red Velvet.
 
Joined
18 April 2019
Messages
2,326
Reactions Received
7,732
Location
TXT's Hair Line
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Wreck
A part of me thinks it is over rated, i wish it wasn't cause maybe it would have made life easier.....
But if i was 100% this was the person i wanted to spend the rest of my life with then i would marry them, but other wise, i probally wouldn't marry them. But i don't have to or need to worry about that now, i mean i haven't had a bf science 3rd grade XD
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,622
Reactions Received
93,434
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,546
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I think marriage is under ranted.
Under valued, under prioritized both before and after.

One example many of the 1st gen wealth creators have long term marriages in common.

Is it a monster pain in the ass at times, sure. Any relationship is annoying and anyone who says is all rainbows and flowers is selectively remembering.

As a promise to my family if i ever win the lotto jackpot i will seek out a spouse... (and buy a smart phone).
And the game is not totally rigged as i do buy tickets each week :)
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I think it's overrated in sense that it's thought that everybody must have marriage as goal in life. But I think it's not overrated as commitment.
 
Joined
5 March 2019
Messages
2,571
Reactions Received
7,514
Location
beomgyu
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
ATINY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Wreck
it depends on how you feel about marriage.......my mom and my step-dad have been together for over 14 years but they still haven't gotten married because my mom doesnt want to......

i guess it could also depend on the people and how they think.
 
  • Like
Reactions: kinnie and yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
as a commitment no. for some it‘s just something they want with that specific partner. And there are benefits in a relationship with marriage.

it certainly isn’t for everyone tho
 
  • Like
Reactions: kinnie
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
marriage is my life goal
nah not overrated
 
  • Haha
Reactions: kinnie

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread