Do you think men should only listen to male singers? (1 Viewer)

Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
Or, let me rephrase the question; do the people around you, in your home or community, think so? My brother have recently come out with that subject he supposedly have seen online. According to him, people nowadays think female singers are only for women and gays. What do you think/have heard?
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,057
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,062
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
No not really. I listen to a lot of female singers, always have. I don't think its a gender exclusive thing at all.
I think people should be free to listen to whoever they want, be it male or female.

Just singling it out like that, is just all sorts of exclusion and that's not right.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Hmm I think there are quite a few people who think so although I don't know why lmao.
With me it's weird, for western music I usually listened to 90% male artists while in Kpop it's the opposite lmao. It's not on purpose, it just aligned with my tastes I guess. Although the split is a lot more even now.
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,384
Reactions Received
151,393
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
So the stereotype does exist where you live?
I think a bit but it's hard to tell really since I don't talk about music much
 
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
No not really. I listen to a lot of female singers, always have. I don't think its a gender exclusive thing at all.
I think people should be free to listen to whoever they want, be it male or female.

Just singling it out like that, is just all sorts of exclusion and that's not right.
Yes, I do think our musical and sexual preferences are not the same thing; but it has had me thinking on what does people are thinking out there.
 

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
This was never something we spoke about it my family and my brothers listen to both male and female artists, although it's like 80% male, 20% female. I haven't actually heard them (or any of their friends) say something like this before though. It's a weird thing to believe but thinking about it, it definitely sounds like something high school kids would say (like 13-15ish years old). I would be surprised to hear more mature people say something like this.
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,057
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,062
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
Yes, I do think our musical and sexual preferences are not the same thing; but it has had me thinking on what does people are thinking out there.
It is a stereotype in a way as well. And I dislike stereotypes a lot, since it paints a negative and not entirely accurate representation of a person.
 
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
Hmm I think there are quite a few people who think so although I don't know why lmao.
With me it's weird, for western music I usually listened to 90% male artists while in Kpop it's the opposite lmao. It's not on purpose, it just aligned with my tastes I guess. Although the split is a lot more even now.
I think I listened more to male artists too back when I was more into western music. I listened to many female fronted bands however; supposedly also for women and gays according to him. Maybe he was referring to the likes of Nightwish, Evanescense or Within Temptation; maybe Astarte might have been included too. Really, this is one of those things that have made the less sense that I have heard ever.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
It's like that and I've been wondering why a lot more lately
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,606
Reactions Received
93,426
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,178
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
No not at all.
While my Rock collection is mostly male groups there are a few female. Runaways Joan jet ect
Pop is a tad heavy female
Kpop /Jpop is almost all female
Country /blue grass / southern rock call it 50 50
Classical is mostly male but that music is 100's of years old. Unless ya count things like Sarah Brightman/ Andrea Bocelli
big band, jazz is a mix.
Musicals is well a mix
 
Last edited:
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I don't think it's something i've heard people say out loud but I do feel like this is a stereotype. I think it's one of those "masculinity" things where people decided weird things are maculine or feminine.

Personally, I think people should be able to listen to whoever they want as long as they aren't weird or creepy about it (like don't build a shrine to an artist, or creep on artist who are minors, etc)
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Genius
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
I don't think there's anything wrong with males listening to female singers. It's not any different from females listening to males
That's apparently another point on all that. While men are not at liberty to listen to female artists; it happens that there is no restriction on the side of the women. That made me even more rebellious.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread