Do you think people can actually change? (1 Viewer)

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
I thought of asking this since I found this photo on Pinterest



Honestly, I'm a bit iffy about it. I'm leaning towards a no, but I'm not saying there's no way anyone could change either.

There's some people I know that have been the same for as long as I can remember. They still have the same bad habits, mannerisms, attitudes, etc.

At the same time though, I feel like some people are still trying to grow as a person (especially those who are young). Not saying that their bad ways (if they have any obviously) will go away as they grow, but it's something I take into consideration.

Sorry if my opinion seems really confusing. I'm not sure how else to word it
ono.png


What do you think? Do you think people have the ability to change? Do you think it's just a few people that could do it?
 
Joined
14 June 2019
Messages
1,558
Reactions Received
2,863
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I think it is both a yes and no, instead of either/or. it depends on the person and other factors of their situation. I've seen people do a complete 360 but others have been way too stubborn. Change isn't easy and can be scary for a lot of people. It takes the courage to face yourself in a way that may not be pleasant. but it has to be done in order to make self improvements.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mew

Mew

~Angel of Death~
.
Joined
29 November 2018
Messages
2,249
Reactions Received
4,602
Location
England, London
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6
Fandom
Shawol
Gender
Female
Yes, but it takes a great deal of will and support to become something entirely different than what you were, so that doesn't happen very often.
However small changes personal habits and such are easier to change especially over time.
In fact most of people guadually change through general mental growth and learning from others around them...most aren't the same people they were as children.
It also depends on age and willingness to change, the older you are the harder it becomes to change particular behaviours even with cognitive therapy as certain behaviours are more set in stone , the younger you are the easier it is,
however things that mould your behaviour like trauma are more difficult especially if your defense mechanism blocks it out as even if you don't recall the trauma, the behavioural effects still remain so it can be harder to overcome if you can't review or understand the trauma that makes you act the way you do, which helps in trauma recovery.
 
  • Like
Reactions: lexus

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
yes, but only if they maintain a constant and conscious effort to change
either that or brain damage
basically this
there is no such thing to me as someone one day just waking up and being different than the day before . Its a conscious process that can take a long time
 
  • Like
Reactions: lexus and mysteric
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
1,049
Reactions Received
4,251
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
V.I.P
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Not gonna lie, I hate this question because I believe it shows how much people only care about the change being beneficial for them.

Yes, people can change - and they do with each passing day of their life. People will never stop changing, they do this even into their old age and even during their last breaths. Whether or not you are around to see that change, or there to benefit from it - it doesn't matter, change happens constantly throughout someone's life. Every year growth can be tracked just as decline can too. Whether it's bad or not, it is still change.
 
  • Like
Reactions: mysteric

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Yes, people can change, just for drastic changes they need both support and immense amounts of will to do it
Even with things like smoking, you can change by stopping smoking. Is it easy? No. Can it be done? ofc.

The same goes for everything, just the bigger the change, the harder it is.
 
Joined
6 October 2020
Messages
4,797
Reactions Received
8,789
Location
at yo dining table eatin yo pizza
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
STARWOL
Gender
Female
Yes and no
Depends on who the person really is, inside

Yes because i am an example: i used to be super shy when younger and had low self esteem and now im the opposite of all that so meaning i have changed for the better

No because people who we diagnose with, for example, anti social personality disorder, aka sociopaths and psychopaths, they are incapable of REAL change due to their brain creating that personality disorder
... They can pretend real nice by putting on a great show ... Especially because they a master at lying and manipulating but no matter how good it looks, it is all fake, as they truly the ones who always and forever will only care for themselves and no one else
 
Joined
1 June 2019
Messages
4,641
Reactions Received
11,710
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
5
Fandom
EXO-L
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
With a whole lot of commitment from the person and support from everyone else, yes. But it's a rare trait.
 
  • Like
Reactions: lexus

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I was a pretty mean person as a child and I feel like I've changed a lot since then. Then again, puberty and maturity plays a big role. So for children, yes. Adults...still iffy.
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,131
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,398
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Yes, but it just depends on how much that person is willing to actually grow and change and sticking to it. Some people think by just doing something good for a day or two is change and call that them changing as a person even though they continue with their bad habits. If you’re really determined to change yes I think it can happen.
 
  • Like
Reactions: lexus

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread