Do you think racism will ever cease to exist? (1 Viewer)

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
Do you think racism will ever cease to exist? Or will there always be discrimination against different ethnnicities in this world?

As someone who has always had an idealistic way of thinking, I would like to believe that a world with no racism exists in the far future. I know that the chances are very slim/nonexistent because even I experience racism on the streets frequently despite living in an area with many minorities. It makes me feel sad that people aren't willing to change their views and thoughts. I thought that it would be the younger generation that reduces racism but the racism I have experienced has always been by younger people (mostly preteens). If those children do not change their attitude or mature, I don't see us progressing as a society at all.

What do you think? Will we ever see a day where racism is a part of the past?​
 

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
Right now? Very doubtful...

Even in my family one of my own family members voiced their racist opinions on my interracial marriage and referred to my wife using derogatory terms that are offensive towards Japanese & Asians (and I refuse to repeat them)
They also can't stand the fact that they are related to someone who isn't white and British (my youngest daughter who is half white half Japanese).

But hopefully as with a lot of things. As the newer generations come along, racism will die out with the older generations and cease to be as much of a problem as it has been throughout our history.
 
Joined
22 April 2019
Messages
1,557
Reactions Received
4,625
Location
Small Magellanic Cloud
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I surely hope so. I don't believe humans are born racist. It's a learned ideology. Although there might be an ancient component to it: when we're confronted with the 'unknown', 'new' and 'different', we either react with curiosity or fear, and from fear comes hostility. So let's cultivate curiosity. But sadly, until quality education is available to everyone worldwide, and while there's huge economic and power gaps between people, racism and bigotry won't truly be gone...
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
So let's cultivate curiosity
What a wonderful phrase! I think this should be the mission of schools. Sitting in front of a teacher all day isn't helping to learn and be curious. I think people would learn much faster if people in charge of education in the country focused on developing our skills instead of filling us with information that we all forget as soon as we leave school. I think they should also focus on educating the younger generation on world events and news so we can be more socially aware and educated. I think it will also reduce problems such as racism if people are told that it is wrong from a young age instead of having to learn by themselves.
 

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
I do not believe this will happen anytime soon, the only time I see this happening, and I'm not even joking, is if we discover sentient life besides Earth. Tho even at that point I'd expect petty squabbles everywhere cause people are just like that... People will find any excuse to make fun of another person or dislike something about someone else just cause they don't want to say they are wrong... They are still carrying the same attitude that black people are slaves and Asians are just smart-asses that have small eyes and eat rice all the time. Unless every racist person in the world is purged, literally, they will continue to spew hate and others will listen... their children will listen... and it continues...
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
I think it will evolve and adapt but it will never go away unless we evolve and adapt with it.
People need to understand that there's more to racism and racist ideals than explicitly saying "I hate (insert race)"
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,383
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I dont think so, people discriminate against people who are different from them and I don't think it'll ever stop being that way. Take something you can visually see like race and that's even harserto work around.
 
Joined
23 June 2019
Messages
1,759
Reactions Received
10,279
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Even wishing someone would learn English when in America is racist, so no. So much tiny stuff technically is racist so short of becoming emotionless, opinionless people there will be racism. And heck there would humor go right out the window. We wouldn't have comedy anymore because you know everything would be tightly PC.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JoanaIsHere
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
1,049
Reactions Received
4,251
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
V.I.P
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Nah, even if there is a possible future, humans will be the cause of their own extinction by then.
 
  • Like
Reactions: potato

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread