COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Do you think Soojin should leave G-idle? (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multifan
Regarding The Soojin situation, things are not looking good for her. For one, An well-known famous actress indirectly spoke up through Instagram, The victims actually revealed their identities putting their safety on the line, and Soojins's statement did not sit right with Knetz. Now, As far as my stance on this ordeal I'm not really sure. Considering that she did indirectly admit to some of the things the victims talked about, The smoking and other stuff, In Korea, they consider that kind of stuff as something that Injin (Bullies) do. This is why Knetz and many others are more inclined to believe the victims and actress especially since the actress has way more public recognition and therefore way more pull with the Korean general public. I saw comments on the qoo and Naver and Pann asking for soojin to leave the group for the sake of the other members. Now I think that if these accusations are in fact true, then yes she should leave. What do you all think?

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I'm honestly on the fence with this whole thing. I think people can change, like I GENUINELY do and given that nobody in the industry has ever spoken ill of her I'd like to think if these accusations are true that she has changed. I don't think her career should be ended if that is the case because if anything that throws personal growth out the window as a legitimate thing.

A fuck up from youth ruining your entire life should NOT be a thing.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multifan
I'm honestly on the fence with this whole thing. I think people can change, like I GENUINELY do and given that nobody in the industry has ever spoken ill of her I'd like to think if these accusations are true that she has changed. I don't think her career should be ended if that is the case because if anything that throws personal growth out the window as a legitimate thing.

A fuck up from youth ruining your entire life should NOT be a thing.
I see where you're coming from but I am fearful that Knetz will seriously protest her until something happens and I don't stan the group but they are incredibly talented. I know that this is going to impact their image as a whole regardless if it's actually true or not

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I see where you're coming from but I am fearful that Knetz will seriously protest her until something happens and I don't stan the group but they are incredibly talented. I know that this is going to impact their image as a whole regardless if it's actually true or not
It might but also sometimes time can fix things. She may always have haters as a result of this situation but she will also still have fans-sometimes a plus to having crazy loyal fans is situations like these where the idol may be innocent or changed.

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Not exactly sure yet. I feel like the situation needs to play out a bit longer before deciding on anything

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multifan
It might but also sometimes time can fix things. She may always have haters as a result of this situation but she will also still have fans-sometimes a plus to having crazy loyal fans is situations like these where the idol may be innocent or changed.
I agree with you 100%. I think that she should just lay low for a while until this whole situation is figured out

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multifan
Not exactly sure yet. I feel like the situation needs to play out a bit longer before deciding on anything
I see where you are coming from but from the looks of it, It def won't get better anytime soon. I hope that it is solved soon and not dragged out for weeks and weeks

eclipsoul

barbie (2023) fan account
Reactions Received
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Orbit
Pronouns
she/her
no, knetz protest against lots of idols and just going as they wish is not a good thing to me and if every group did what knetz told them to the industry would be more of a mess than it is now. if it indeed turns out that soojin was a bully in middle school, as long as she apologises i don't see a reason why she should have her career ruined over something she did as a child.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multifan
no, knetz protest against lots of idols and just going as they wish is not a good thing to me and if every group did what knetz told them to the industry would be more of a mess than it is now. if it indeed turns out that soojin was a bully in middle school, as long as she apologises i don't see a reason why she should have her career ruined over something she did as a child.
Koreans tend to look down on that stuff no matter how long ago it was, but I just hope the situation is solved soon. I the meantime, I think Soojin should stay out of the public eye for a while. They prefer if Idols have absolute squeaky clean image

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
As of from the statements that have released right now, absolutely not. She did some illegal things nearly a DECADE ago. We're blaming someone for something they did in middle school? Something as small as smoking?

Even if the bullying is true (which i highly HIGHLY doubt), people can change. I myself have (though I wasn't a bully by any regards). If she gives a genuine apology to the person she bullied I see no reason why she should be kicked. This is getting out of hand and everyone is blowing things out of proportion.

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Time to head on over to the Badge Request thread :haylul:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Idk yet but not looking good for Soojin. I don’t want her school years to ruin her career forever but if this goes on I don’t see how she or Cube could possibly salvage the situation:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multifan
As of from the statements that have released right now, absolutely not. She did some illegal things nearly a DECADE ago. We're blaming someone for something they did in middle school? Something as small as smoking?

Even if the bullying is true (which i highly HIGHLY doubt), people can change. I myself have (though I wasn't a bully by any regards). If she gives a genuine apology to the person she bullied I see no reason why she should be kicked. This is getting out of hand and everyone is blowing things out of proportion.
I understand what you are saying but think about it from a Korean's point of view. Koreans take things like bullying very seriously regardless of whether it's just a rumor or if it is actually true. Even it being a long time ago, Koreans give absolutely two shits about when it happened. They care about the fact that it even happened at all, if it's true

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I understand what you are saying but think about it from a Korean's point of view. Koreans take things like bullying very seriously regardless of whether it's just a rumor or if it is actually true. Even it being a long time ago, Koreans give absolutely two shits about when it happened. They care about the fact that it even happened at all, if it's true
Then those individuals need to re-evaluate their standards. Soojin shouldn't have to suffer because people are addicted to defining someone by their past mistakes. She worked hard for this, she absolutely doesn't deserve this.

My opinion will def change if this whole thing plays out different from what I'm thinking though.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multifan
Idk yet but not looking good for Soojin. I don’t want her school years to ruin her career forever but if this goes on I don’t see how she or Cube could possibly salvage the situation:

I agree, things are looking pretty grim rn, it will get even worse if it ends up being actually true

Reactions Received
KS Coins
If there's one thing I've learn in all these years in kpop is that Knetz never forget and never forgive. It'll be up to the company and their fans if they want to support her or not because most of the people talking do not ever care about G-Idle to start with.
I personally will give her the benefit of the doubt. Just because you were troublesome in school means you are terrible person, not worthy of a second chance.

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Absolutely not. This is nothing to kick her out over.

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
💡 Lightbulb
Ship
idk honestly id like to see one side confirm that the things that are being accused are actually fake or actually true. if they really happened, then it just shows that soojin doesnt have remorse for her actions imo considering she denied that they had happened. in that scenario, i think it would be best if she left. but if it wasnt true, then her statement shows growth in the way that she did confirm her past wrongdoings and said that she has since moved on and cut those bad habits out. In that case, i think she should be allowed to stay.

mysteric

.*゚+ rest in peace our little pear blossom *+.
Reactions Received
Website
aespas.carrd.com
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU & MY
Pronouns
she ♡ her
Ship
too early to say since there's no definitive answer as to whether she messed up or not
I personally don't agree with the "it's ok if she smoked, everyone does at that age" sentiment because if it was underage (which she neither confirmed nor denied) she's def in the wrong there, but I do agree that it's nothing in the grand scheme of things and that losing her career over it would be plain stupid
anyways, if there is better proof that it happened, then I don't think she changed if her apology was basically "I was popular, people were jealous, I did some wrong things, but I don't remember doing any bullying" It's a really good apology if the accusations are false, with her owning up to mistakes, but if the accusations are right, then it's a really bad look on her and her growth

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I don't think someone should have to leave their group just for being a bully in school however handling of the situation when it comes to light says a lot about their character now and it's over for Soojin if it's the truth since she's denied the allegations and I do think it'd be best for her to just leave at that point.

If the allegations turn out to be false then she shouldn't leave especially in the current Kpop climate where International fans can sustain a group themselves and (G)I-dle rely more on them than they do Korean fans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread