Do you think YG will disband Blackpink once they debut their new GG in the 2nd half of 2020? (1 Viewer)

Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I don't think the question is if they'd disband BP or not (although, given YGE's history they'll somehow screw them up) but are they really debuting a new gg? because I highly doubt it at least not this year...
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
That gg ain't coming this year
 
Last edited:
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
No I don’t think they will disband them unless they go though a huge scandal. I think people are comparing to much to 2ne1s situation in 2016 when they don’t realize that bp and 2ne1s situations are completely different.
 

Sourcekeeper

Tech Support
.
.
.
Joined
25 August 2018
Messages
6,828
Reactions Received
28,463
Location
YG Entertainment
Website
kpopsource.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
26,616
Fandom
MONSTIEZ
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She / Her / Hers
I will boycott YG if they do that to my girls, its so sad if they do that.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,178
Reactions Received
76,666
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,427
Ship
Wreck
I don't think the question is will YG disband Blackpink, I think the question is will YG do anything with Blackpink anymore? I think YG will just put them on hiatus and even if the NGG doesn't debut this year it is yet another thing that YG will have to pay attention to and they already were flopping enough before. At this point it's clear YG does not want Blackpink at least or maybe any girl group as their top group and with no news on a comeback for them then this will likely be their longest hiatus so I honestly wouldn't be surprised if YG doesn't do much with them from now on.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I don't see a disbandment before the 7 year contract is up, so 2023. And at that point, I don't think it will be YG disbanding them, but I'd be surprised if all 4 members end up renewing. And then sure they can say the group is not disbanded even tho they're in different agencies blah blah but you know how it goes.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I don't think they will disband, but if the other groups does really well they might but more and more focus on them and less on Blackpink. I also can't fanthom where they are going pull songs for this new gg when they seem to struggle so much with BP.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
I don't think they will disband, but if the other groups does really well they might but more and more focus on them and less on Blackpink. I also can't fanthom where they are going pull songs for this new gg when they seem to struggle so much with BP.
World tour with only a teaser
 
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
4,371
Reactions Received
11,118
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
330
Fandom
ReVeluv
Gender
Female
That would be one of the dumbest moves in YGE's history of dumb moves, and that's saying a lot.

Then again, the only non-dumb way I see that group disbanding is if one or more members want out, and I don't know what goes on behind the scenes to say whether or not that's possible.

Also, like most companies, I think YGE enjoys fleecing their flock too much to drop a certified hot group for a maybe new group. Unless their NGG (debut date, the fifth of never) come out the gate swinging and stomping on necks, I don't see it.
 

Walnutt

The #1 Reveluv
.
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,274
Reactions Received
21,574
Location
Wherever Seulgi wants me to be
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
348
Nope. They're just gonna give them either one mini a year or a single a year and then have them tour. Why would you disband a group that grossed ~$38 million on their tour?

Say what you will about YGE, but they ain't that stupid lol
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I doubt it. they can continue with their strategy with the girls anyway and make them tour a ton.
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I don’t think they’ll disband but I do think this new group will end up promoting more often, since they’re going for a public friendly concept whereas Black Pink are supposed to be “exclusive” if you know what I mean...

Plus, I think the corona virus has really slowed things down. YG still has Winner, Black Pink & Treasure’s debut to fit in before the end of the year, not to mention Big Bang and their now delayed Coachella performance! I don’t think the new girl group was going to debut this year anyway, I just think they were gonna start teasing the members and dropping teasers and stuff maybe do a survival show or something...

I still think the name is trash ngl
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread