Do You Want BlackPink To Release A Ballad? (1 Viewer)

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
It's undeniable that BlackPink were picked and formed in the mirror of 2NE1. However, they haven't released a song like Lonely or It Hurts as title, yet. Well, let's exclude Stay because it wasn't the main promoted track. Do you want them to release a ballad in the future as a title, or just keep them for b-sides? Wouldn't it be nice to hear BlackPink's raw vocals on music shows?​
 

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
Stay is still my fave Blackpink song so yeah, definitely :sanapray:, maybe more as a b-side tho since normally ballads don't do as well unless you're AKMU, Heize, BB4 etc. and the usual bunch that mostly hits #1 instantly
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Maybe as a Bside to that full album we're never gonna get
 

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
I'm not a ballad fan xD I mean I was soft for 2NE1 ballads, but somehow I prefer Blackpink with stronger songs xD
 

Minuteman

Another Settlement Needs Your Help
.
.
Joined
15 November 2018
Messages
7,387
Reactions Received
22,724
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I would like to see Blackpink give us a ballad as a title, since it would give us some more variety in their discography (I also love Stay so more like that would be cool too). I think they're popular enough where they would easily survive if they did. I mean, if Red Velvet could survive OOTN, then Blackpink could survive a ballad too, right?
 

Panda

.
.
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
8,755
Reactions Received
24,302
Location
Somewhere Near Bamboo
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12
Fandom
Starlight
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
Definitely. They 100% can pull them off, idk why they aren't releasing more :hmm:
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Stay is still my fave Blackpink song so yeah, definitely :sanapray:, maybe more as a b-side tho since normally ballads don't do as well unless you're AKMU, Heize, BB4 etc. and the usual bunch that mostly hits #1 instantly
This is true but we must not forget that BlackPink are main group from YG, which means regardless of the genre, the public will still check out the song within the first 24 hours and they'll still probably get #1. Maybe even an AK lol.
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
I would like to see Blackpink give us a ballad as a title, since it would give us some more variety in their discography (I also love Stay so more like that would be cool too). I think they're popular enough where they would easily survive if they did. I mean, if Red Velvet could survive OOTN, then Blackpink could survive a ballad too, right?
I think, with the exception of YG groups, ballads don't do well with idol groups, which is why RV suffered that fate. I'm sure BP can do well with a ballad, at least initially, if not in the long run.
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
58
Reactions Received
448
Location
It's NCT's Johnny
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
yes please i am very desperate :pandawatch::pandawatch::pandawatch:
 

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
This is true but we must not forget that BlackPink are main group from YG, which means regardless of the genre, the public will still check out the song within the first 24 hours and they'll still probably get #1. Maybe even an AK lol.
Yeah it would probably still sell well but if I were YG and had this huge success with non ballad releases I wouldn't risk going with a ballad that might sell less than another new more upbeat song
 

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
Yeah it would probably still sell well but if I were YG and had this huge success with non ballad releases I wouldn't risk going with a ballad that might sell less than another new more upbeat song
Oof well can't disagree there. Maybe as a pre-release?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread