Does anyone actually like non-Korean releases by groups? (2 Viewers)

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
Like when a group releases a English version of a song I really... don't see that bringing in new fans and I also don't see it having any effect on normal fans that already listen to the songs in Korean. Like if an artists released (god forbid) a Serbian version of their song, I'd either ignore it's existence or listen to it once and never again... cause why would I want to, it was originally meant to be in Korean so translating it into a different language already lessens how good a song is.
Similarly to translating a book, the original will always be better (if the book was good that is)

Japanese and Chinese releases are an exception only because they are made specifically with Japanese/Chinese in mind (unless they are just the Japanese version of a song then it's just as pointless)

If a song is made specifically for a different language then I do see a point, otherwise just translating it... is a no-no

The most recent example is VAV's - Give Me More (Un Poco Mas), that they just released in Spanglish


Others that come to mind are Monsta X's english versions, NCT's Regular, RV's Bad Boy... and so on... just no​
 
Last edited:
Joined
1 March 2019
Messages
6,661
Reactions Received
14,598
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Honestly I think it depends on the song. Its rare that I prefer a Japanese version to a Korean song. English version wise the only ones I like are from Day6. With EXO I can’t say much because their entire concept was EXO-K and EXO-M, but that’s a very unique and extreme concept. If kpop idols are going to sing in another language I’d rather them be original to that language.
 
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
Waste It On Me- Steve Aoki (BTS)
Regular (Eng. Version)- I Facking forgot.
 

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
Honestly I think it depends on the song. Its rare that I prefer a Japanese version to a Korean song. English version wise the only ones I like are from Day6. With EXO I can’t say much because their entire concept was EXO-K and EXO-M, but that’s a very unique and extreme concept. If kpop idols are going to sing in another language I’d rather them be original to that language.
I think that's cause Day6 can actually sing properly in English lmao, most other groups can't, at least not all of em, but Day6 has 2/4 completely fluent English singers and Wonpil and Sungjae aren't bad at all when they get it down. I don't count Dowoon.

And yea EXO is sorta the exception as they did have Chinese members so singing in Chinese actually makes some sense.
 
Joined
22 April 2019
Messages
1,557
Reactions Received
4,625
Location
Small Magellanic Cloud
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Like if an artists released (god forbid) a Serbian version of their song, I'd either ignore it's existence or listen to it once and never again...​
I guess you're no fan of this version of Lucifer then :llama_laugh:
 

arieam

.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
1,232
Reactions Received
5,247
Location
Canada
Website
youtube.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
snsd's japanese run devil run is superior to snsd's korean run devil run. this is an objective fact

but honestly nothing else. just that one song.

also snsd's original japanese albums are better than their korean albums. tho their best songs are korean.
 
Joined
26 August 2018
Messages
0
Reactions Received
31,963
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
The problem with Japanese lyrics is that they are way too recycled. Every Japanese song has the same lyrics, with same words used. Tomaranai, odotte ageru, wasurerarenai, yume no are literally in every Japanese K-Pop song ever.

English ones are simply no, with the exception of Shoot Out.
 

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I don’t really listen to others versions of Korean songs except for Bad Boy English version that I find even better than the original but when it’s original songs in others languages then I listen to it.

For EXO when EXO-M and EXO-K were a thing I listened to both versions because I wanted to listen to every member voice.
 

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I don't really like songs that were just translated aka most of Japanese releases from any Idol group or recently the English versions of songs cuz the groups trying to break out in the US.
However if a song is made for the other language in the first place then most of the time they are really good,
take A.C.E's I feel so lucky or the latest English releases from Monsta X minus French Montana
 
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 289
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
1,233
Reactions Received
3,641
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I am just gonna leave the best debut in Japan here


I have heard the korean versions to the Japanese version is wayyyy better​
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread