Does it really make sense to allow users to enter limited cards into the roulette? (1 Viewer)

Moguri

.
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
67,025
Reactions Received
98,749
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
348,428
Ship
Wreck
After I just saw a bunch of users entering limited cards into the roulette again, I'm really wondering why this is allowed :sanapray:

In the past when cards entered into the roulette would be re-distributed, it made sense to me. It was still not very smart of the users who entered the limited card, but at least it was fun for everyone else, as they could hope to grab it.

But now after the revamp, all cards entered get flat out destroyed, like a 1:1 re-roll. Even the regular limited for common re-roll already gives 2 commons for a limited guranteed, but the roulette now is a way to trade limited for common 1:1 in most cases.

Ofc its the users own fault for not understanding the rules and acting so ilogical, but as entering limited cards can only have a negative outcome for the user, I wonder if it would not be better to protect them from their own decisions and just not allow limited cards to be entered anymore into roulettes?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Abeamus

litc

❤️NCT Wish❤️
.
.
Joined
2 October 2021
Messages
21,800
Reactions Received
50,582
Location
Listening to Hakmin's angelic voice in Paradise
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,454
Fandom
Multi
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Troublemaker
Ship
Wreck
After I just saw a bunch of users entering limited cards into the roulette again, I'm really wondering why this is allowed :sanapray:

In the past when cards entered into the roulette would be re-distributed, it made sense to me. It was still not very smart of the users who entered the limited card, but at least it was fun for everyone else, as they could hope to grab it.

But now after the revamp, all cards entered get flat out destroyed, like a 1:1 re-roll. Even the regular limited for common re-roll already gives 2 commons for a limited guranteed, but the roulette now is a way to trade limited for common 1:1 in most cases.

Ofc its the users own fault for not understanding the rules and acting so ilogical, but as entering limited cards can only have a negative outcome for the user, I wonder if it would not be better to protect them from their own decisions and just not allow limited cards to be entered anymore into roulettes?
Some users don’t have 5 unwanted non limited cards so that’s why they enter but yes if you can enter commons it’s not smart at all
 

Moguri

.
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
67,025
Reactions Received
98,749
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
348,428
Ship
Wreck
Some users don’t have 5 unwanted non limited cards so that’s why they enter but yes if you can enter commons it’s not smart at all
yeah but like I said, you could still do a limited for common re-reroll in that case and burn like 2-3 limited to get enough cards for the roulette, instead of enterting 5 limiteds
 
  • Like
Reactions: RandAlThor

litc

❤️NCT Wish❤️
.
.
Joined
2 October 2021
Messages
21,800
Reactions Received
50,582
Location
Listening to Hakmin's angelic voice in Paradise
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,454
Fandom
Multi
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Troublemaker
Ship
Wreck
yeah but like I said, you could still do a limited for common re-reroll in that case and burn like 2-3 limited to get enough cards for the roulette, instead of enterting 5 limiteds
only if the limiteds are old enough whereas for roulette there's no wait time, if they got the limited recently from reroll or daily
 
  • Like
Reactions: Moguri

Moguri

.
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
67,025
Reactions Received
98,749
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
348,428
Ship
Wreck
only if the limiteds are old enough whereas for roulette there's no wait time, if they got the limited recently from reroll or daily
ok, so there can be very theoretical situations where a user could be forced to do it, but I'm still confident for 99% of the cases where limiteds got burned this was not the case
 

litc

❤️NCT Wish❤️
.
.
Joined
2 October 2021
Messages
21,800
Reactions Received
50,582
Location
Listening to Hakmin's angelic voice in Paradise
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,454
Fandom
Multi
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Troublemaker
Ship
Wreck
ok, so there can be very theoretical situations where a user could be forced to do it, but I'm still confident for 99% of the cases where limiteds got burned this was not the case
yes again it's not very smart under most circumstances

but if someone wants all their commons and has been trying to get rid of a limited for a while (yes they could reroll but if they get cards they want to keep wouldn't help for roulette) sometimes they do

but yes I'm agreeing with you it's not smart for cards game strategically at all

but if it's bc it stops other ppl who want the limited from getting it, don't forget you were willing to burn the lsfm duo valentines until you found out twice duo would be in a later roulette:jiuconfused2:
 

Moguri

.
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
67,025
Reactions Received
98,749
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
348,428
Ship
Wreck
yes again it's not very smart under most circumstances

but if someone wants all their commons and has been trying to get rid of a limited for a while (yes they could reroll but if they get cards they want to keep wouldn't help for roulette) sometimes they do

but yes I'm agreeing with you it's not smart for cards game strategically at all

but if it's bc it stops other ppl who want the limited from getting it, don't forget you were willing to burn the lsfm duo valentines until you found out twice duo would be in a later roulette:jiuconfused2:
yes I admit, one of the reasons why this bothers me is also that users destory cards I would have loved to have... but ofc once they are in the roulette they are gone

And you can bring the LSFM duo up as much as you want, I was only joking, the other users are really doing it :sanapray: I ended up trading the LSFM duo for a twice haloween card to MK3AM in the end and traded J-Hope CD for the Twice Duo
 
  • Like
Reactions: RandAlThor

litc

❤️NCT Wish❤️
.
.
Joined
2 October 2021
Messages
21,800
Reactions Received
50,582
Location
Listening to Hakmin's angelic voice in Paradise
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,454
Fandom
Multi
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Troublemaker
Ship
Wreck
yes I admit, one of the reasons why this bothers me is also that users destory cards I would have loved to have... but ofc once they are in the roulette they are gone

And you can bring the LSFM duo up as much as you want, I was only joking, the other users are really doing it :sanapray: I ended up trading the LSFM duo for a twice haloween card to MK3AM in the end and traded J-Hope CD for the Twice Duo
yeah again if we restrict it bc it's not smart that's being overly restrictive but again it's not like we encourage it

ppl can also trade a legendary for a common if they want but we would never encourage it
 
  • Like
Reactions: RandAlThor

Moguri

.
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
67,025
Reactions Received
98,749
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
348,428
Ship
Wreck
yeah again if we restrict it bc it's not smart that's being overly restrictive but again it's not like we encourage it

ppl can also trade a legendary for a common if they want but we would never encourage it
difference in a trade is, its less ambiguous

Also no cards get destroyed

Like I said in my OP, in my opinion the only reason why users do it, is as they do not understand what they are doing.
 

litc

❤️NCT Wish❤️
.
.
Joined
2 October 2021
Messages
21,800
Reactions Received
50,582
Location
Listening to Hakmin's angelic voice in Paradise
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,454
Fandom
Multi
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Troublemaker
Ship
Wreck
difference in a trade is, its less ambiguous

Also no cards get destroyed

Like I said in my OP, in my opinion the only reason why users do it, is as they do not understand what they are doing.
again we can't ban choices we see as stupid for solely that reason
 
  • Haha
Reactions: RandAlThor

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,193
Reactions Received
76,667
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,512
Ship
Wreck
Is it a smart thing to do? No but chances are they've been sitting on the cards for a while already and anyone who showed interest got it another way so they know of no one who has interest in it and see it as just a way to off load it.

I have a bunch of Limited cards that I don't see myself shifting for a while but I keep them because 1. there are always new people joining so while I know of no one currently interested in my Nayeon and Momos Halloweens however it doesn't mean there won't come a new Once who would be and 2. Limiteds especially I'd prefer to keep hold of them to avoid getting them again as there's plenty of them that aren't wanted anymore right now and I don't need to be sifting through them when I have a week to collect like 20 cards sometimes :pandatea:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread