Does the pain of loss ever get better? (1 Viewer)

Joined
3 January 2021
Messages
9,062
Reactions Received
8,671
Location
Hugging the brightest star next to the moon
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,302
Fandom
💎Multi🏴‍☠️
Gender
Female, Non-Binary, Other
Pronouns
She/Her
As someone who has traumas because of loss all I can say is that it gets more bearable. With time you will heal enough to keep going especially for them.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Day1

ChiaraStar169

bite the apple, baby!
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,124
Reactions Received
46,794
Location
irritating the metalheads
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
183,412
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Grief has no timeline, as others have said. It may take one person like a few months, but it might take the next person over a year. I've never experienced a loss like that before (the closest I came was when my gramma died, but that was pretty sudden), but yeah, it'll get better over time.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Day1

athenaaa

Thunder ⚡️
.
.
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
51,078
Reactions Received
72,508
Location
Ahsoka’s Heart 💜
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
147,391
Fandom
ProfessorAthena
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
Ship
Wreck
I recently lost a really really close friend of mine (and by recently I mean not even two weeks ago). Grief has no timeline like the others have said and we all have our own ways of coping with it. I’m probably not doing it in a healthy way: keeping my schedule busy so I don’t think about it.
 
  • Sad
Reactions: Day1

Day

♡ ຕɪѕѕɪηɢ уᴏᴜ ♡
.
.
.
Joined
20 October 2018
Messages
126,058
Reactions Received
53,013
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
524,535
Ship
Wreck
I recently lost a really really close friend of mine (and by recently I mean not even two weeks ago). Grief has no timeline like the others have said and we all have our own ways of coping with it. I’m probably not doing it in a healthy way: keeping my schedule busy so I don’t think about it.
I am so sorry, please take care of yourself.
 

athenaaa

Thunder ⚡️
.
.
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
51,078
Reactions Received
72,508
Location
Ahsoka’s Heart 💜
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
147,391
Fandom
ProfessorAthena
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
Ship
Wreck
I am so sorry, please take care of yourself.
You take care of yourself as well and if you ever need to talk I’m here to listen and I’m sure theres others in your life who are too 💖
 
  • Love
Reactions: Day1

Discipline

Together, Just be joyful tonight.
.
Joined
29 October 2018
Messages
1,467
Reactions Received
6,252
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
You do get eventually over a loss.

At first, you may go through denial, like someone is trying to pull your leg, or no way that the person you knew/loved is gone, they can’t be?

then the grief sinks in, it can last weeks, months or years, depending on the person and your relationship with them. You’ll see them in every little thing that ever related to them, some memories will make you happy, others will make you sad.

Then acceptance, it’s the way of life unfortunately. You’ll live on, them in your memory. The reminder of their absence will become lesser, and it will be less bittersweet.

just remember it’s okay to cry on someone’s shoulders, don’t mourn by yourself, it can be worse that way
 
  • Like
Reactions: Day1 and jasque

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread