Donating to Forums (1 Viewer)

Joined
6 October 2020
Messages
4,797
Reactions Received
8,789
Location
at yo dining table eatin yo pizza
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
STARWOL
Gender
Female


have you donated to just ks or do you also donate to many others you active on?
was ks your first forum you donate money to?
what made you donate to ks in the first place?
ever had bad experiences on other forums where money donations were not used by staff as they were suppose to? aka being scammed
what has been your biggest donation to a forum so far?
don't have to share if you don't want to of course

i have never donated to a forum before, not yet anyways
and it would take a lot for me to do so though
i wouldn't just donate money just for the sake of a special donoation banner and special username color or something
a forum would have to be damn special to me as hell and i would have to spend a lot of fun times on it before i even consider
i guess i just don't spend money that easily on things other than what i really need like food and clothing and now things to take care of my new kitten , maybe stems from my whole life being poor and trying to save up as much as i can:ilovebread:

tagging the active donors here
@Reo @Tickita @Drew_B @Yili @DarlingBlue @Abeamus @RandAlThor @NASA @kinnie @umpheri @dnb @Wingfrost @Vikki @Panda @Jimin @bulletproof @Suzy @Ozymandias @JakeyWantsCakey @Chahee​
 

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I was really impressed by the admin and moderator's attentiveness to their members and constantly trying to improve the forum instead of just being complacent. I wanted to help even though it was just a little bit.
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
have you donated to just ks or do you also donate to many others you active on?

Just ks.

was ks your first forum you donate money to?

yep yep

what made you donate to ks in the first place?

Uhm... felt it was the fair thing to do. Specially that I never contributed a lot more than that to make this a better place lol

ever had bad experiences on other forums where money donations were not used by staff as they were suppose to? aka being scammed

Saw that happening more than once. Not here on ks though

what has been your biggest donation to a forum so far?


Can check on the notable members thing:

 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I think if I did donate I would donate here. But given that I'm trying to pay off debt, pay for college again, and pay for books and all without a current STABLE job...I can't.
 

Panda

.
.
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
8,755
Reactions Received
24,302
Location
Somewhere Near Bamboo
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12
Fandom
Starlight
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
I have only donated to KPS, and a lot of it had to do that I really liked this forum and was also part of staff at the time so I knew some of the staff that was happening in the background, and I did have some pocket change at the time so I decided to help out a bit lmao
 

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
I did donate, but only here. Not much, but I tried to help with what I had. I was here for 2 years and a half and this place really feels warmer than others. Also I know that the money are used in the right way, because hosting has to be paid...
 

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
not yet; i recently started living paycheck to paycheck cus i have hamsters now :wimwim: but if i ever have extra extra pocket change i would. Ig i haven't here yet because when i had pocket change i was new and didn't know if id be staying long term.
 

Tickita

𝒜𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓃𝒸𝒾𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝓈𝓊𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓇.
.
.
.
Joined
30 January 2020
Messages
26,480
Reactions Received
39,142
Location
We're no strangers to love.
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,434
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
This is the only forum I'm active on. I have donated to OH and STD/WTH/KPL as well.

I donate if I enjoy the site, and I'm just a natural giver. Unless someone's trying to steal my most precious cards. And if I can help keep a site I really like up, then I will.

Honestly, I don't think I've been scammed.

The most I've given at once was $30. I try to give in $20 increments.
 

kinnie

𓇼 ⋆.˚ 𓆉 𓆝 𓆡⋆.˚ 𓇼
.
Joined
13 January 2020
Messages
8,188
Reactions Received
16,643
Location
𓂃𓂃𓂃 ོ ☼
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,179
Fandom
bork
Gender
Female
Ship
I’ve only donated to KPS because it’s the first forum I’ve been genuinely interested in, plus everyone is super friendly and chill. This forum is very deserving of mah greens and I’m most likely to donate more later on. I‘ve donated $30.00 last year. :) Supporting K-Pop for a good cause.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SHlNEE and Darkseid

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I’ve only donated to KPS, I wanted to help since I know I can trust that my money is going to the right place. I love it here so I didn’t mind giving a little bit of money, I plan on donating more soon.
:pikahappy:
 
  • Like
Reactions: SHlNEE and Darkseid

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I only donate here, excluding my 1-2 subscriptions on Patreon.

It's mostly to help with the hosting fees so the forum can continue to run as it does right now without any hiccups. Christina runs this site from her own pocket and since I've been here so long and enjoyed my time spent here, I felt it was only fair to help out if possible.

My donations are pretty spread out though lol, I usually give only a small amount over multiple times.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SHlNEE and jasque

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
I’ve only donated here. It was only $5.00 but it was the least I could do since I like this forum a lot
 
  • Like
Reactions: SHlNEE

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
I've only donated to KS so far and I did my first donation pretty quickly. There wasn't much reason behind it other than I had enough money to spare £5 at the time and everyone here was very welcoming and I also got to reconnect with a lot of people I somewhat lost contact with from being on seperate forums so I just wanted to do a lil smth. Any donations after that have been because I started to genuinely start really caring for the forum and the staff running it (why I ended up joining staff myself as well). Of course the donation perks were also a reason but if I didn't really feel welcomed here and didn't really care for the forum I wouldn't have donated regardless of perks so I definitely think it mostly comes down to actually caring about the forum for me. Personally this is the only forum I was aware of that was donation based until like a few days ago so I can't say i've heard or seen any instances of forums misusing their donations if i'm not even aware of what other forums rely on them lmao.

I mean the most i've ever spent for a single donation is $10 but accumulatively i've spent $40 (It's $30 on my profile because the other $10 was actually transferred to someone else's account as it was a gift :sanapray: So I don't get the perks for that one but i'll still count it under my total for the purpose of answering your question~)
 
  • Like
Reactions: SHlNEE and jasque

Wicked

Loaded Granny Cane Incoming!
.
.
Joined
4 September 2018
Messages
4,702
Reactions Received
16,711
Location
Old Folk's Home
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
5,552
Fandom
ARMY/Multi
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
As one of the original staff members from the very beginning, I was really passionate for KS and was always trying to contribute in one way or another. So, I donated what I could. It was also not very well known, but I used to also randomly donate discord nitro to staff occasionally as appreciation for their hard work. Not so much these days, since money is tight.

I've never done these things for any other forum and don't really plan to.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SHlNEE and jasque

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
I haven't donated much but I have donated to KS. I haven't donated to another forum besides KS though. I just love the community and love what the admins and mods are doing with this place so I wanted to support it and help out a little.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SHlNEE
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
I haven´t donated as my financial situation is not exactly easy and every penny counts. However, I have managed to donate to Doctors without borders, so I hope one day I can also give back to this forum considering how expensive it is. But no promises, I´ll see where my life takes me :D.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SHlNEE

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread