COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Donating to Forums (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
STARWOL

have you donated to just ks or do you also donate to many others you active on?
was ks your first forum you donate money to?
what made you donate to ks in the first place?
ever had bad experiences on other forums where money donations were not used by staff as they were suppose to? aka being scammed
what has been your biggest donation to a forum so far?
don't have to share if you don't want to of course

i have never donated to a forum before, not yet anyways
and it would take a lot for me to do so though
i wouldn't just donate money just for the sake of a special donoation banner and special username color or something
a forum would have to be damn special to me as hell and i would have to spend a lot of fun times on it before i even consider
i guess i just don't spend money that easily on things other than what i really need like food and clothing and now things to take care of my new kitten , maybe stems from my whole life being poor and trying to save up as much as i can:ilovebread:

tagging the active donors here
@Reo @Tickita @Drew_B @Yili @DarlingBlue @Abeamus @RandAlThor @NASA @kinnie @umpheri @dnb @Wingfrost @Vikki @Panda @Jimin @bulletproof @Suzy @Ozymandias @JakeyWantsCakey @Chahee

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
Reactions Received
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi <3
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I was really impressed by the admin and moderator's attentiveness to their members and constantly trying to improve the forum instead of just being complacent. I wanted to help even though it was just a little bit.

jasque

Antifragile
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
have you donated to just ks or do you also donate to many others you active on?

Just ks.

was ks your first forum you donate money to?

yep yep

what made you donate to ks in the first place?

Uhm... felt it was the fair thing to do. Specially that I never contributed a lot more than that to make this a better place lol

ever had bad experiences on other forums where money donations were not used by staff as they were suppose to? aka being scammed

Saw that happening more than once. Not here on ks though

what has been your biggest donation to a forum so far?

Can check on the notable members thing:

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I think if I did donate I would donate here. But given that I'm trying to pay off debt, pay for college again, and pay for books and all without a current STABLE job...I can't.

Panda

a panda just trying to chill
Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
I have only donated to KPS, and a lot of it had to do that I really liked this forum and was also part of staff at the time so I knew some of the staff that was happening in the background, and I did have some pocket change at the time so I decided to help out a bit lmao

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
here and Revel up but i try to be annon i did mess up once here. but.

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I did donate, but only here. Not much, but I tried to help with what I had. I was here for 2 years and a half and this place really feels warmer than others. Also I know that the money are used in the right way, because hosting has to be paid...

Drew_B

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU
I've donated 45 dollars so far I think?

I reward those who do good work. And if i enjoy using the service then why not :)

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
Reactions Received
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
YOLO
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
not yet; i recently started living paycheck to paycheck cus i have hamsters now :wimwim: but if i ever have extra extra pocket change i would. Ig i haven't here yet because when i had pocket change i was new and didn't know if id be staying long term.

Tickita

♦️🍰♥️
Reactions Received
Website
tickittaa.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
KingCassie
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
This is the only forum I'm active on. I have donated to OH and STD/WTH/KPL as well.

I donate if I enjoy the site, and I'm just a natural giver. Unless someone's trying to steal my most precious cards. And if I can help keep a site I really like up, then I will.

Honestly, I don't think I've been scammed.

The most I've given at once was $30. I try to give in $20 increments.

kinnie

eep.
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I’ve only donated to KPS because it’s the first forum I’ve been genuinely interested in, plus everyone is super friendly and chill. This forum is very deserving of mah greens and I’m most likely to donate more later on. I‘ve donated $30.00 last year. :) Supporting K-Pop for a good cause.

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
I’ve only donated to KPS, I wanted to help since I know I can trust that my money is going to the right place. I love it here so I didn’t mind giving a little bit of money, I plan on donating more soon.
:pikahappy:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I only donate here, excluding my 1-2 subscriptions on Patreon.

It's mostly to help with the hosting fees so the forum can continue to run as it does right now without any hiccups. Christina runs this site from her own pocket and since I've been here so long and enjoyed my time spent here, I felt it was only fair to help out if possible.

My donations are pretty spread out though lol, I usually give only a small amount over multiple times.

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I’ve only donated here. It was only $5.00 but it was the least I could do since I like this forum a lot

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Ship
I've only donated to KS so far and I did my first donation pretty quickly. There wasn't much reason behind it other than I had enough money to spare £5 at the time and everyone here was very welcoming and I also got to reconnect with a lot of people I somewhat lost contact with from being on seperate forums so I just wanted to do a lil smth. Any donations after that have been because I started to genuinely start really caring for the forum and the staff running it (why I ended up joining staff myself as well). Of course the donation perks were also a reason but if I didn't really feel welcomed here and didn't really care for the forum I wouldn't have donated regardless of perks so I definitely think it mostly comes down to actually caring about the forum for me. Personally this is the only forum I was aware of that was donation based until like a few days ago so I can't say i've heard or seen any instances of forums misusing their donations if i'm not even aware of what other forums rely on them lmao.

I mean the most i've ever spent for a single donation is $10 but accumulatively i've spent $40 (It's $30 on my profile because the other $10 was actually transferred to someone else's account as it was a gift :sanapray: So I don't get the perks for that one but i'll still count it under my total for the purpose of answering your question~)

Wicked

Loaded Granny Cane Incoming!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
ARMY/Multi
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
As one of the original staff members from the very beginning, I was really passionate for KS and was always trying to contribute in one way or another. So, I donated what I could. It was also not very well known, but I used to also randomly donate discord nitro to staff occasionally as appreciation for their hard work. Not so much these days, since money is tight.

I've never done these things for any other forum and don't really plan to.

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I haven't donated much but I have donated to KS. I haven't donated to another forum besides KS though. I just love the community and love what the admins and mods are doing with this place so I wanted to support it and help out a little.

jasque

Antifragile
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Oh nvm, I forgot that I also donated to one anime forum I was a part of too.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
multi BG
I haven´t donated as my financial situation is not exactly easy and every penny counts. However, I have managed to donate to Doctors without borders, so I hope one day I can also give back to this forum considering how expensive it is. But no promises, I´ll see where my life takes me :D.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread