So..... this group from a survival show already has an album lined up?? That was quick!
How's this possible??
I'd suspect there was a lot of work done internally with the label and they've already known who the final lineup was long before the "votes" on TV, then.
I wonder what their contract term is. Probably or likely a short one like I.O.I., etc.
I'd be very surprised and happy if they did have a longer contract; but, since they were formed from a survival show......... I'm more skeptical.
i'm not sure if they really knew the final lineup. indeed, oftentimes the conceptual ideas + demos for the music are already ready long before the final, but i don't think that necessarily implies there was rigging involved (case in point, the members of the boys planet debut group zerobaseone got to listen to the demo for their debut song in bloom right after the boys planet finale, though most people are pretty sure rigging was not involved, as the votes were audited by an external company which had absolutely nothing to gain from rigging them)... or maybe i'm naïve.
their contract term is short afaik (maybe not as short as I.O.I but i don't think it would be 2.5 years like iz*one, kep1er, and zb1), but i do know for a fact that they will be non-exclusive - makes sense cause nana, yuki, hwiseo, and yeonhee are in actively promoting groups. and while yeoreum's group may not be coming back for a while now, they're not disbanded yet.