News Elkie calls out Cube in exclusive interview (1 Viewer)

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
Former CLC‘s Elkie recently held an exclusive interview with a Hong Kong newspaper, Mingpao. In the interview, she revealed the real reason for her departure from CUBE Entertainment and CLC.


Elkie claims that even though she had worked hard in order to debut, there were people that still criticized her despite her efforts. Although she would not call it discrimination due to her status as a foreigner, Elkie does acknowledge that she had fewer opportunities given to her compared to Koreans.
​
"Although I was mentally prepared for a tough road ahead, a lot of unexpected things happened. I’m optimistic so I always say yes no matter what other people say, but some people called me fake."​
When she first debuted, a composer allegedly told her she was “really dumb” and “totally useless” which brought her down. Elkie also called out the system for affecting her health.
"The most extreme incident was when I couldn’t sleep for several days and wasn’t even able to remove my makeup. The longest time I’ve had dance practice was for 16 hours straight, from noon to late at night. I was so tired that I walked like a zombie."
— Elkie

Elkie also pointed out that CUBE Entertainment was not providing the appropriate resources for CLC, culminating in less than stellar results. In particular, Elkie calls the giving away of the song “La Vie en Rose” to IZ*ONE an opportunity that was taken away from the CLC girls. CLC had finished recording “La Vie en Rose” before it was given to IZ*ONE, with CLC releasing “NO” instead.

"The song and opportunity that originally belonged to us were given to someone else and the situation felt so helpless. The 7 of us worked really hard, but the agency took away our opportunities. I think the agency was way too out of line. I feel so disappointed. CLC did not have releases frequently…sometimes it took a year to have a new song or album. When the agency said they will not give CLC any more resources, I thought there was no point for me to stay. As an artist I just wanted to meet with fans through my works. If nothing can be done, there’s nothing I can do to repay the fans, and I can’t accept that."
— Elkie

On the other hand, Elkie revealed that she still keeps in contact with the other CLC members and that they have a good relationship. She even offered for them to have a room at her place when they come to visit her in Mainland China.

Previously, Elkie had filed for a termination of her contract with CUBE Entertainment, resulting in her departure from the group.

Source​
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
Spill the tea elkie :llama_tea:
Cube continues to prove that they've always been a shit company.
We love a tea spilling queen :llama_tea:
Let this shit company burn :llama_tea:
 

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
I get that losing that song to IZ*ONE must have felt like a slap in the face at the time especially when they had already recorded it but honestly, NO was a better song anyway...
I went back and listened to both songs just now, and honestly I agree, no is so much more interesting :nekosweat:
But I think it also just sucks to see a different group succeed with a song that you were preparing and were excited to release. CLC might've had thoughts that la vie en rose could've been their big break :/
 

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
I get that losing that song to IZ*ONE must have felt like a slap in the face at the time especially when they had already recorded it but honestly, NO was a better song anyway...
'NO' was really good indeed!
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,650
Reactions Received
93,465
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,941
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I get that losing that song to IZ*ONE must have felt like a slap in the face at the time especially when they had already recorded it but honestly, NO was a better song anyway...
The difference was LVR was a core of IZONE's sound/style where No was just another random song for clc.
Cube never picked a path and stuck with it for clc.

That does not mean all the songs need to be the same but there should be a plan.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I kept rooting for Elkie the whole time reading this interview and getting to know what I already knew- Cube being terrible.
But then she had to go and declare her support for Hong Kong police despite being from HK and that was like :nayeonisdone:

Good luck in China I guess.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,650
Reactions Received
93,465
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,941
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I kept rooting for Elkie the whole time reading this interview and getting to know what I already knew- Cube being terrible.
But then she had to go and declare her support for Hong Kong police despite being from HK and that was like :nayeonisdone:

Good luck in China I guess.
PROC citizens are screwed politically.
Hell the twice kid had to apologize, and she is RoC.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
PROC citizens are screwed politically.
Hell the twice kid had to apologize, and she is RoC.
Yeah I understand when celebs have to put out the standard statements on their SNS but some do go above and beyond and truly endorse it which turns me off them- the ones I can think of are Victoria, Lay and Jackson mostly.
In Jackson and now Elkie's case, its worse coz they are Hong Kong born and raised, and Elkie actually said she's team blue ribbon aka police who have been notorious for their brutality against protesters.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,650
Reactions Received
93,465
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,941
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Yeah I understand when celebs have to put out the standard statements on their SNS but some do go above and beyond and truly endorse it which turns me off them- the ones I can think of are Victoria, Lay and Jackson mostly.
In Jackson and now Elkie's case, its worse coz they are Hong Kong born and raised, and Elkie actually said she's team blue ribbon aka police who have been notorious for their brutality against protesters.
Jacksons family is there and basically political hostages. Should have all defected when they came to visit him.
it is bad.

I actually continue to wonder why the big agencies continues to put the kids at risk.
Or take the risk of dumping money into PROC kids.

if ya cant tell i have given up on the coca cola / blue jeans strategy as regards to china.
Its too bad one of my regrets is that the PROC has poisoned a country with 4 solid millennia of history.

we are kpop fans and the driving force behind the war was not the Kim's who are puppets.
the un joke that is is had the invasion repelled and the victory in hand when the PRC committed 100's of 1000's of actual troops.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread