COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

f(x) was a whole Korean Drama (1 Viewer)

Drew_B

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU
Biggest f(x) fan ever right here. You all know that.

I'm not trying to bring back old bad memories. But f(x) career in front of the camera and behind the camera was a fascinating journey. Hugely successful yet the black sheep of SM Entertainment.

There was SO MUCH going on with this group that it could fill an entire Korean drama.

I was reading this page and just thought "Wow has any other group had so many highs and lows"?

I'm surprised there hasn't been a ton of fan documentaries on the rise and fall of f(x).

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Biggest f(x) fan ever right here. You all know that.

I'm not trying to bring back old bad memories. But f(x) career in front of the camera and behind the camera was a fascinating journey. Hugely successful yet the black sheep of SM Entertainment.

There was SO MUCH going on with this group that it could fill an entire Korean drama.

I was reading this page and just thought "Wow has any other group had so many highs and lows"?

I'm surprised there hasn't been a ton of fan documentaries on the rise and fall of f(x).

I still maintain that if they had pulled the trigger on Suili after RPP. Darn good shot Victoria does not go to China in 2016, and that was the end of fx.

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Plus that crazy fansite. Telenova level psycho

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
What do you mean by pulled the trigger?
let her leave the group and focus on acting.
She was clearly done with idol life.
Forcing her to stay just hurt the team. the rest of the members would have been cool with it. as it was they played around and she came apart mid promotion for Red light in 2014 the year of hell for sm fans(and kind of Korea and kpop with the ferry and ladies code ect). Fx was mostly done then .. its freaking Korea you do not stop promoting mid run like that.

Last edited:

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Did not help that fx fans were the most dysfunctional i have seen.
Jinnabit is the only fansite I know of that quite literally bullied all other fansites to close too...
Not even algae Blinks are that psycho

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Lets break down just a few of the issues.
Many of the 'pretty girls'(VSK) fans hated Amber from the beginning for being in the group.
They were actually happy that she was hurt and not in fx koala or the mr boogie promos.

Korea likes Amber just not as a singer, more as a variety person.

I have never understood why fx was not pushed in China much much more. Like they never leveraged Victoria until they just let her go of solo.

even the 94 lines fans were not friendly (even thought S and K were inseparable) because of the gender split of the fan bases.

Luna is the one who got most screwed... main dancer and vocal level and they could only get her work in musicals.

Sm was ambitious with fx and while it worked better than the Grace Kpop was just not ready. They could deal with a 21 but not really a fx.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
☾ groo ☽
Pronouns
☾ he/him ☽
honestly, their career was full of crazy up and downs. they couldn't get a break sometimes :nekosweat:they did well, but deserved so, so much more

Reactions Received
KS Coins
i feel amber was part of the issue tbh
as how she talks about sm now
has really put me of her
[[she used to be my female ult bias so im not trying to be mean]]

like she came into fx basically wanting to be a solo artist and still to this day salty sm didnt want her to be...
[let be real her solo debut didnt do great so i see sm's side]

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread