Fiestar Member Talks About Debt (1 Viewer)

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship

Did you guys get paid?
Our income was 0 won. Because the company's costumes and props were always so high quality, and that our results in comparison weren't so good. Still, it was still a very good company.
They always gave us allowance. Even though we didn't have any income, when Fiestar was promoting, I still gained priceless experience. We weren't excessively famous, but there are still a lot of people who remember who Fiestar was now. I think that this repays for all the hard times we had during all this time. And it's not like we parted in bad terms. The members are all supporting each other right now. I hope that everyone succeed and find happiness.

post response:
[+174][-2]

original post: here

1. [+38, -6]
I seriously pity those Pann girls swearing at Cao Lu, let's not ruin our mouths here

2. [+30, -0]
ㅜㅜ When Yezi hit big on Unpretty Rapstar, I thought that it was the opportunity for Fiestar to see the light again, but what a shame. I listened to "You're Pitiful" so much, I hope they will be able to show their own good sides from now on..!!

3. [+25, -2]
Hul is this for real?

4. [+21, -0]
Personally, I find that they were such a waste and I feel so bad for them. The representative of pitiful groups are Spica, Fiestar and Ladies Code... Those 3 groups have such good talents and they were able to fill up the stage and their lives were good too, I always felt bad for their results. Especially Fiestar, they didn't see the light like EXID did

5. [+14, -0]
WJSN and Momoland are still not receiving wage either. To be honest, I would be surprised that Fiestar received one... They have allowances, so their company was acting quite humane towards them

6. [+6, -1]
If I thought with a cold heart, I would say that it would be weirder if they received an income... It's not like they had a hit song and had a lot of events
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
I checked the original article (as best as I could) and it doesn't mention which member gave the interview 😅
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I remember a former Chocolat member saying that in the years she was with the group and the activities she did, she in total made $13

It's weird to see the juxtaposition of the glitz and glam versus the actual wages idols make. I think a couple years ago there was a report showing that most make below $13,000 a year
 
Joined
13 March 2019
Messages
4,283
Reactions Received
11,073
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I remember a former Chocolat member saying that in the years she was with the group and the activities she did, she in total made $13

It's weird to see the juxtaposition of the glitz and glam versus the actual wages idols make. I think a couple years ago there was a report showing that most make below $13,000 a year
This is why it's important to debut as fast as you can.
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,058
Reactions Received
52,942
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
171,130
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male

Did you guys get paid?
Our income was 0 won. Because the company's costumes and props were always so high quality, and that our results in comparison weren't so good. Still, it was still a very good company.
They always gave us allowance. Even though we didn't have any income, when Fiestar was promoting, I still gained priceless experience. We weren't excessively famous, but there are still a lot of people who remember who Fiestar was now. I think that this repays for all the hard times we had during all this time. And it's not like we parted in bad terms. The members are all supporting each other right now. I hope that everyone succeed and find happiness.

post response:
[+174][-2]

original post: here

1. [+38, -6]
I seriously pity those Pann girls swearing at Cao Lu, let's not ruin our mouths here

2. [+30, -0]
ㅜㅜ When Yezi hit big on Unpretty Rapstar, I thought that it was the opportunity for Fiestar to see the light again, but what a shame. I listened to "You're Pitiful" so much, I hope they will be able to show their own good sides from now on..!!

3. [+25, -2]
Hul is this for real?

4. [+21, -0]
Personally, I find that they were such a waste and I feel so bad for them. The representative of pitiful groups are Spica, Fiestar and Ladies Code... Those 3 groups have such good talents and they were able to fill up the stage and their lives were good too, I always felt bad for their results. Especially Fiestar, they didn't see the light like EXID did

5. [+14, -0]
WJSN and Momoland are still not receiving wage either. To be honest, I would be surprised that Fiestar received one... They have allowances, so their company was acting quite humane towards them

6. [+6, -1]
If I thought with a cold heart, I would say that it would be weirder if they received an income... It's not like they had a hit song and had a lot of events
I checked the original article (as best as I could) and it doesn't mention which member gave the interview 😅
I just read their Wikipedia article n it says they had some commercial success.
It's amazing to me learning abt kpop that smh commercial success doesn't equal income.
Glad that the members r doing good now tho.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,224
Reactions Received
76,669
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,687
Ship
Wreck
I just read their Wikipedia article n it says they had some commercial success.
It's amazing to me learning abt kpop that smh commercial success doesn't equal income.
Glad that the members r doing good now tho.
Well the trainee debt is usually so high that it's unrealistic that a group will pay it without breaking out like Gfriend were a success immediately but didn't finish paying it until before Fingertip so for even the top mid tier groups like Cosmic Girls, Oh My Girl, etc. if it is possible for them to pay the debt it'd probably take almost the entirety of their contract to do it.
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,058
Reactions Received
52,942
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
171,130
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
Well the trainee debt is usually so high that it's unrealistic that a group will pay it without breaking out like Gfriend were a success immediately but didn't finish paying it until before Fingertip so for even the top mid tier groups like Cosmic Girls, Oh My Girl, etc. if it is possible for them to pay the debt it'd probably take almost the entirety of their contract to do it.
Well that's a long time to not get paid(other than allowance.) trained as group for two years n individually for 4 years then worked for 6 years but still not fully paid off.
(I'm so grateful that Gfriend broke out n get out of this debt spiral.)
Also is fiestar company bad for not releasing album/ep until 3 years after official debut or just realistic? (This makes me sorta glad I only stan SNSD n bias Jessica n Rosé, otherwise I'd be worried all the time abt if e.g. (G)I-dle n cherry bullet or other nugu/underrated ggs suffer the same fate as fiestar.)
How do non-big 3 multi-stans bear with this?
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,224
Reactions Received
76,669
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,687
Ship
Wreck
Well that's a long time to not get paid(other than allowance.) trained as group for two years n individually for 4 years then worked for 6 years but still not fully paid off.
(I'm so grateful that Gfriend broke out n get out of this debt spiral.)
Also is fiestar company bad for not releasing album/ep until 3 years after official debut or just realistic? (This makes me sorta glad I only stan SNSD n bias Jessica n Rosé, otherwise I'd be worried all the time abt if e.g. (G)I-dle n cherry bullet or other nugu/underrated ggs suffer the same fate as fiestar.)
How do non-big 3 multi-stans bear with this?
It's a little bad even by non success terms but they were probably just trying to be cost efficient since b-sides are more so for fandom building and girl groups need public recognition to break out who will only pay attention to the title track anyway so if they did release more mini-albums it could go either way in that it helps Fiestar do more or shortens their career because of the extra cost.

You just gotta try and not think about it really because as much as it sucks there really isn't anything you can do outside of what a fan does normally and as well it can make groups time who are under companies that are rotten bearable like Stellars company was notoriously rotten but on their V Lives they seemed in good spirits which who knows if that would have been the case if they didn't have the small fanbase they did.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Well that's a long time to not get paid(other than allowance.) trained as group for two years n individually for 4 years then worked for 6 years but still not fully paid off.
(I'm so grateful that Gfriend broke out n get out of this debt spiral.)
Also is fiestar company bad for not releasing album/ep until 3 years after official debut or just realistic? (This makes me sorta glad I only stan SNSD n bias Jessica n Rosé, otherwise I'd be worried all the time abt if e.g. (G)I-dle n cherry bullet or other nugu/underrated ggs suffer the same fate as fiestar.)
How do non-big 3 multi-stans bear with this?
It's pretty unpleasant. The main way these groups make money is through concerts and events. So even low tier groups that you've never heard of will be overworked from completely packed schedules in an effort to break even. (This is also why so many car accidents happen in Kpop)

Girl's Day had just started getting paid when I started Stanning them 4 years in. With these non big 3 groups, you really have to just to hope for a miracle because most of them don't wind up getting famous just for their music, it's usually going viral for something else. It was Hani's fancam and Solji's vocals for EXID (3 years) Seolhyun's visuals and mediaplay for AOA (3 years). Minah got Girl's Day some attention but it was Hyeri that kept them from disbanding completely (4 years).

With Cherry Bullet, I'm confident that they'll break even sooner than AOA. Their sales are a bit stronger and FNC plans on sending them to Japan next year. At the end of the day, it falls to FNC to promote them. They have a strong vocal line that can be promoted to the GP, they have plenty of visuals that can be promoted and they have a variety line.
FNC just needs to pull out that mediaplay they store away for Seolhyun :sanapray:

CB isn't from a big 3 but they are from a decent company in terms of success, like g idle.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,224
Reactions Received
76,669
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,687
Ship
Wreck
It's pretty unpleasant. The main way these groups make money is through concerts and events. So even low tier groups that you've never heard of will be overworked from completely packed schedules in an effort to break even. (This is also why so many car accidents happen in Kpop)

Girl's Day had just started getting paid when I started Stanning them 4 years in. With these non big 3 groups, you really have to just to hope for a miracle because most of them don't wind up getting famous just for their music, it's usually going viral for something else. It was Hani's fancam and Solji's vocals for EXID (3 years) Seolhyun's visuals and mediaplay for AOA (3 years). Minah got Girl's Day some attention but it was Hyeri that kept them from disbanding completely (4 years).

With Cherry Bullet, I'm confident that they'll break even sooner than AOA. Their sales are a bit stronger and FNC plans on sending them to Japan next year. At the end of the day, it falls to FNC to promote them. They have a strong vocal line that can be promoted to the GP, they have plenty of visuals that can be promoted and they have a variety line.
FNC just needs to pull out that mediaplay they store away for Seolhyun :sanapray:

CB isn't from a big 3 but they are from a decent company in terms of success, like g idle.
Which sales are you looking at for AOA? :susPepe:
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Which sales are you looking at for AOA? :susPepe:
Debut to debut, first ep to first single album
CB isn't quite ready to start outselling them just yet :nekosweat:
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
It is quite unsettleing to know how much money idols actually get. The trainee debts are high which makes it just way more difficult. I am personally just happy whenever a group of a smaller company gets some kind of attentionn and gets more noticed since that means more opertunities for them to break even.
 
Joined
27 May 2019
Messages
366
Reactions Received
489
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I checked the original article (as best as I could) and it doesn't mention which member gave the interview 😅
I think it is Hyemi, now she is solo artist known as YEL.
She had comeback in August (I think two songs, audio only).

Translate this, or it is probably this (english). May be more instances.
 
Last edited:

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
It's pretty unpleasant. The main way these groups make money is through concerts and events. So even low tier groups that you've never heard of will be overworked from completely packed schedules in an effort to break even. (This is also why so many car accidents happen in Kpop)

Girl's Day had just started getting paid when I started Stanning them 4 years in. With these non big 3 groups, you really have to just to hope for a miracle because most of them don't wind up getting famous just for their music, it's usually going viral for something else. It was Hani's fancam and Solji's vocals for EXID (3 years) Seolhyun's visuals and mediaplay for AOA (3 years). Minah got Girl's Day some attention but it was Hyeri that kept them from disbanding completely (4 years).

With Cherry Bullet, I'm confident that they'll break even sooner than AOA. Their sales are a bit stronger and FNC plans on sending them to Japan next year. At the end of the day, it falls to FNC to promote them. They have a strong vocal line that can be promoted to the GP, they have plenty of visuals that can be promoted and they have a variety line.
FNC just needs to pull out that mediaplay they store away for Seolhyun :sanapray:

CB isn't from a big 3 but they are from a decent company in terms of success, like g idle.
Also industry is very harsh on girls

Its quite impressive that so many companies try having ggs, it's quite risky
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
Debut to debut, first ep to first single album
CB isn't quite ready to start outselling them just yet :nekosweat:
Now that I saw it, their sales aren't a big tragedy.

They're already doing as good as dreamcatcher was in 2017, they just need a little push to succeed like them.

Some groups never see that push though, so let's pray :sanapray:
 
  • Love
Reactions: VillageIdiot

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread