For those of you in school (1 Viewer)

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
17,115
Reactions Received
56,266
Location
spring days
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I liked marticies better :haylul:
But I've taken linear algebra so row-echelon form at this point is nice and easy.
Now for more complicated matricies, its another story
see I'm not sure what to do in my future :wimwim:
since I'm taking pre-calc freshman year, I'll be done with BC junior year :sj_weary: my mom wants me to take multi-variable calc in senior year but I want to take linear algebra or like differntial equations not more calc :yolk:
 

kinnie

𓇼 ⋆.˚ 𓆉 𓆝 𓆡⋆.˚ 𓇼
.
Joined
13 January 2020
Messages
8,188
Reactions Received
16,643
Location
𓂃𓂃𓂃 ོ ☼
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,179
Fandom
bork
Gender
Female
Ship
Well, I was doing my teaching internship but that's in the trash now. I'm so used to doing online classes they don't phase me but most of my instructors follow similar syllabuses so I feel like I'm doing the exact same thing but with a different topic from each class. I'm just ready to graduate, periodt.
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,383
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
so 3 x 4 = 12 divided by 2 = 6 - 3 = 3 + 5 x 3 = 15 divided by 3 = 5 so 3+5=8!
Exactly :dab:

If you want to know some tricks to make multiplying fractions even easier, you can do what's called cross canceling. This works when you have the same number in one of the numerators and denominators.

Example:

1585324667373.png


See how I got rid of a 2 in the numerator and denominator? That's because you can essentially rewrite the fractions in any order because order doesn't matter when multiplying. So therefore, you can rewrite it as 1/3*2/2 instead of 1/2*2/3. 2/2 is 1, so it would give you 1/3*1, which you can easily see is 1/3. For smaller fractions it doesn't matter much, but later on this will be very helpful once you start dealing with very large functions involving fractions.

And to add onto that, you can do it when the numbers are different but are factors of each other, also by rewriting the fractions to make them easier.

Here's an example:

1585324996966.png


See how I rewrote 4 as 2*2? This allowed me to use cross canceling again to simplify the fraction and make it easier to solve.

For the example you posted you can actually use cross canceling for both fractions. Do you want to try it? It's going to be super useful in the future, it'll practically save your life.
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,383
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
see I'm not sure what to do in my future :wimwim:
since I'm taking pre-calc freshman year, I'll be done with BC junior year :sj_weary: my mom wants me to take multi-variable calc in senior year but I want to take linear algebra or like differntial equations not more calc :yolk:
Tbh multivariable calc is better to start with than differential equations or linear algebra. :wimwim: Although you can get by in both without multivariable calc. But then again, in the future you might need it anyways so you'll have to take it later anyways, so if you look on the bright side you'll be completely done with calculus by senior year and never need to take it again unless you plan on going into a math heavy field,then you might need to take vector calculus. But for most engineering disciplines it'll be more than enough calculus once you finish multivariable calc.


Well, I was doing my teaching internship but that's in the trash now. I'm so used to doing online classes they don't phase me but most of my instructors follow similar syllabuses so I feel like I'm doing the exact same thing but with a different topic from each class. I'm just ready to graduate, periodt.
That's a mood, except I feel to dumb to graduate so far :wimwim: What are you studying? Education?
 

kinnie

𓇼 ⋆.˚ 𓆉 𓆝 𓆡⋆.˚ 𓇼
.
Joined
13 January 2020
Messages
8,188
Reactions Received
16,643
Location
𓂃𓂃𓂃 ོ ☼
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,179
Fandom
bork
Gender
Female
Ship
You are so not dumb. If anything I'm the one in need of more brain cells because I seem to be lacking. lol
Yee, I'm studying to teach K-6. I'm currently enrolled at a community college and I'm graduating in May.
Then I've gotta transfer to uni for my bachelor's. It doesn't hurt to earn a higher salary PLUS I plan on teaching
abroad anyways and it's required. What are you studying?
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,383
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
You are so not dumb. If anything I'm the one in need of more brain cells because I seem to be lacking. lol
Yee, I'm studying to teach K-6. I'm currently enrolled at a community college and I'm graduating in May.
Then I've gotta transfer to uni for my bachelor's. It doesn't hurt to earn a higher salary PLUS I plan on teaching
abroad anyways and it's required. What are you studying?
Dang, k-6 you're brave :haylul: Where do you want to teach?

I'm studying mechanical engineering and I'm trying to focus on robotics because I want to work on biomedical robots once I graduate.
 

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I like my creative writing class. Math is confusing I hate it
 

kinnie

𓇼 ⋆.˚ 𓆉 𓆝 𓆡⋆.˚ 𓇼
.
Joined
13 January 2020
Messages
8,188
Reactions Received
16,643
Location
𓂃𓂃𓂃 ོ ☼
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,179
Fandom
bork
Gender
Female
Ship
Dang, k-6 you're brave :haylul: Where do you want to teach?

I'm studying mechanical engineering and I'm trying to focus on robotics because I want to work on biomedical robots once I graduate.
Hmm...I haven't decided yet. Although South Korea does sound hella tempting.
There's a lot of benefits that come with teaching abroad that I like too.
That's so cool! What made you interested?
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,383
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Hmm...I haven't decided yet. Although South Korea does sound hella tempting.
There's a lot of benefits that come with teaching abroad that I like too.
That's so cool! What made you interested?
Honestly I'm interested in almost everything science and engineering related. Like recently I've been super interested in virology, before that astrophysics, before that archeology and paleontology at some point, not to mention biomedical engineering, also manufacturing is awesome and that's just a small sample :haylul: there's many more

But I've been into robotics since high school when I was on a robotics team. I love physics and manufacturing and I like how they work together with electrical and computer engineering. And since biomedical robotics is something that is is exploding right now and since Im interested in biology and anatomy, as well as diseases and surgery, especially of people, it's all just perfect.
 

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
17,115
Reactions Received
56,266
Location
spring days
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Tbh multivariable calc is better to start with than differential equations or linear algebra. :wimwim: Although you can get by in both without multivariable calc. But then again, in the future you might need it anyways so you'll have to take it later anyways, so if you look on the bright side you'll be completely done with calculus by senior year and never need to take it again unless you plan on going into a math heavy field,then you might need to take vector calculus. But for most engineering disciplines it'll be more than enough calculus once you finish multivariable calc.



That's a mood, except I feel to dumb to graduate so far :wimwim: What are you studying? Education?
so you're saying I'm wrong :irenecrazy:
I want to do something with chemical engineering in the future lmao so hopefully I'm done

Honestly I'm interested in almost everything science and engineering related. Like recently I've been super interested in virology, before that astrophysics, before that archeology and paleontology at some point, not to mention biomedical engineering, also manufacturing is awesome and that's just a small sample :haylul: there's many more

But I've been into robotics since high school when I was on a robotics team. I love physics and manufacturing and I like how they work together with electrical and computer engineering. And since biomedical robotics is something that is is exploding right now and since Im interested in biology and anatomy, as well as diseases and surgery, especially of people, it's all just perfect.
omg vik vik vik I do robotics :pandahappy: did you do FIRST?
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,383
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Omg yrs
so you're saying I'm wrong :irenecrazy:
I want to do something with chemical engineering in the future lmao so hopefully I'm done



omg vik vik vik I do robotics :pandahappy: did you do FIRST?
Omg yes :maheart:
 
Joined
18 April 2019
Messages
2,326
Reactions Received
7,732
Location
TXT's Hair Line
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Wreck
Exactly :dab:

If you want to know some tricks to make multiplying fractions even easier, you can do what's called cross canceling. This works when you have the same number in one of the numerators and denominators.

Example:

1585324667373.png


See how I got rid of a 2 in the numerator and denominator? That's because you can essentially rewrite the fractions in any order because order doesn't matter when multiplying. So therefore, you can rewrite it as 1/3*2/2 instead of 1/2*2/3. 2/2 is 1, so it would give you 1/3*1, which you can easily see is 1/3. For smaller fractions it doesn't matter much, but later on this will be very helpful once you start dealing with very large functions involving fractions.

And to add onto that, you can do it when the numbers are different but are factors of each other, also by rewriting the fractions to make them easier.

Here's an example:

1585324996966.png


See how I rewrote 4 as 2*2? This allowed me to use cross canceling again to simplify the fraction and make it easier to solve.

For the example you posted you can actually use cross canceling for both fractions. Do you want to try it? It's going to be super useful in the future, it'll practically save your life.
Thank you so much, thanks to you i finished the lesson alive:sanapray::nekolove:
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,383
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie
.
Joined
28 May 2019
Messages
8,716
Reactions Received
8,198
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
22,135
Fandom
Reveluv, Sone
so you're saying I'm wrong :irenecrazy:
I want to do something with chemical engineering in the future lmao so hopefully I'm done
If you'll be in Chem Eng then higher level calc will be useful. But if you want to go into Chemistry then linear algebra will be more useful.

omg vik vik vik I do robotics :pandahappy: did you do FIRST?
what team? I'm #6381 :sanapray:
190
Youre not from New England so Im less worried but please don't hate us :wimwim:
Ooooh. FRC Team 190 is legendary.

I was an FLL (FIRST Lego League) coach for a few years.
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
Replace a with 1 in the equation and b with 3, then find the answer

For example, if you had 3x+8y-5 when x=2 and y=6 it would be
(3)(2)+(8)(6)-6
6+48-6
and the answer is 48

Whenever you have variables and you know what the value of them is you can just replace them with the value thats given
Now explain the quadratic equation

Just kidding 🤣
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: Jichuus and Ahsoka

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread