COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Forum Warning Systems (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
STARWOL

no no no, i am not coming for ks warning system, don't get the wrong idea please, if you interested, just read along :sanapray:
besides, i have never even gotten any warnings here so i have no reason to even bitch about it anyways ♥

ok so hi:dubuwave:

i consider myself a big forum user and so i have seen plenty of warning systems over the years,
i used to be active on so many back in the day and now not as much but still

A LOT of forums have set up their own warning system, some forums warning systems are alike some not and also our lovely ks has got one going on....
but it made me think the other day..... how do you guys feel about forums having up a warning system?

1 do you think , on any forum you are active on or been active on, their warning system is a good one and a fair one?

2 have you ever been dealing with a warning system you thought was not right/fair?

3 do you think you a warning system is useful? or should people just get banned more quickly after misbehaving bad twice or so? like, do you think forums should be more strict instead of giving many warnings?

4 do you prefer a forum with a warning system or would you appreciate a forum community where they perm ban people if they continuesly misbehave?

5 what do you think of warning systems that also give people chances to redeem themselves and get warnings removed from time to time?

i personally don't care whether a forum has a big warning system or not
at the end of the day, as regular member you usually are looking for a place (unless you a troll i suppose) that has got a nice community around, nice kind sweet people that treat you right, as you would treat them with good manners as well
and such nice community can be achieved with and without a warning system in my opinion

but looking at it from a different point of view, i personally would also not mind a community where they are more ''strict''
i mean sure, people deserve a second chance and what not, i can agree
but i also think that some forums, not directed to any forum in particular fyi, may be too lose at the end of the day when it comes to this
like i have seen forums in the past where there are active members but these members their behaviour is sometimes outrageous and disrespectful as hell towards other members/and or/ staff YET they are still going about and posting everywhere
because they are not banned despite their repetitive obvious bad behaviour... why is that?
it's ok people are being complete assholes because they gotten like 5 warnings so they will learn at some point because of them 5 warnings standing there? we do not ban them because they are active members and we care for the activity more than how the member makes the others feel sometimes? if no one else is reporting this user and everyone looks the other way when an asshole acts out, then who cares?
like i can imagine maybe those kinda thoughts are behind it on some forums, i don't know, just widly guessing

please , if you are interested in this topic, let's discuss it in a mature and respectful manner
i'd appreciate that:sanapray:

Last edited:

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Honestly I haven't been active on many forums and I've been warned never so it's hard to tell for me. :jisoosmh:
On one of the forums I also never noticed any asshole behavior, but it was when I was a kid on a gymnastics forum so maybe I just didn't notice.

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
I like the warning system here.

Warnings are more for users that don't really break forum rules, but are perhaps over argumentative and take things just a little too far. Warning those users is a good thing as too much of it just leads to a toxic forum. So if people know they will get banned if they get enough warning points then they will behave themselves (mostly).

Overtime, it's good to have warning points taken away. Those that have been warned might come to learn or really like the forum so much that they change their behaviour.

Obviously, if people get really personal, really toxic and say anything that breaks the rules then a straight ban makes sense (KS has rules in place that bans users immediately if they say/do certain things). This is good, as this forum doesn't need such users.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
STARWOL
I like the warning system here.

Warnings are more for users that don't really break forum rules, but are perhaps over argumentative and take things just a little too far. Warning those users is a good thing as too much of it just leads to a toxic forum. So if people know they will get banned if they get enough warning points then they will behave themselves (mostly).

Overtime, it's good to have warning points taken away. Those that have been warned might come to learn or really like the forum so much that they change their behaviour.

Obviously, if people get really personal, really toxic and say anything that breaks the rules then a straight ban makes sense (KS has rules in place that bans users immediately if they say/do certain things). This is good, as this forum doesn't need such users.
oh i totally get you
but you know it makes me wonder
why aren't there many forums out there that go like , 2 warnings and third time you misbehave and you out?
2 warnings seems fair in a way, you tell people twice to stop it and abide the rules because everyone else does so too, to keep the community cosy and fun, why go out of your way as staff to go as far as 10 warnings? i have seen some forums do that
not sure what the max is over here though

i mean in real life, people would tell their friends; omg your boyfriend has done that to you and you keep giving him chances? this is what, the 10th time now and you still forgive him anyways?
or at a work place.......... you act like an asshole twice and get told it is bad and not accepted, if it happens a third time , you can go back home and never come back
.... like that is often how it goes in real life, as it mostly should be, why online different sometimes?

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
STARWOL
Honestly I haven't been active on many forums and I've been warned never so it's hard to tell for me. :jisoosmh:
On one of the forums I also never noticed any asshole behavior, but it was when I was a kid on a gymnastics forum so maybe I just didn't notice.
well of course you never been warned before, we cutie pies never get them :mgblush:
but even so, you got no opinion on the systems a forum could be using or would be best to use?:rosesmug:

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
well of course you never been warned before, we cutie pies never get them :mgblush:
but even so, you got no opinion on the systems a forum could be using or would be best to use?:rosesmug:
I do, I think the system we have is pretty good. Sometimes it's a bit lax, sometimes it's a bit too harsh, but I think we have it in an okay zone here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread