News fromis_9 comments on group name after leaving Pledis: "We want to protect our name" (1 Viewer)

Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
27,441
Reactions Received
39,052
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,664
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander

Fromis_9, who left Pledis Entertainment, a label under HYBE, revealed that they are having trouble reconciling opinions regarding the use of the group's name. On the 15th, Baek Ji Heon shared through a fan communication platform, "It's a hard morning, but let's get through it. I'm sad that they don't take advantage of our desire to protect our name." He continued, "I wanted to keep quiet, but I think I couldn't sleep for a while because I was so sad. There's a lot I want to say, but I'll stop here. I think (the fans) will be shocked if I say more." He continued, "But please don't get me wrong. I just want you to know that in order to protect the group, money and other such things were not taken into consideration at all. We really wanted to have normal negotiations like other normal people. Anyway, we'll try to resolve it well, but I'd be happy if flover (fromis_9's fan name) would also protect us." Previously, member Lee Chaeyeon also posted on the same platform, "Flover, I will definitely come back as fromis_9. I want to do that. I want to call flover flover. Even if it's not fromis_9 but a different name, you have to love us. Because it's not going the way we want it to. We'll do our best. Together with the members. Please love us. Please." She also wrote, "But if we can't use our name, can't we use our fan name either? Does everyone use it? You can still protect flover. That's good. Anyway, don't worry, just wait a little longer. I'll protect Puna (short for PROMISE9). I'll protect you." fromis_9 is a group formed through Mnet's audition program "Idol School" in September 2017 and debuted in November 2017. In 2021, as part of the label integration process of Off The Record Entertainment, the agency she was previously affiliated with, she became affiliated with Pledis Entertainment, a label under HYBE, and terminated her exclusive contract with the agency on December 31 last year. Five of the members, Song Ha-young, Park Ji-won, Lee Na-kyung, Lee Chae-young, and Baek Ji-hoon, signed exclusive contracts with ANDN in January of this year.
@Flover
 
Joined
6 March 2019
Messages
2,786
Reactions Received
3,813
Location
Italia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
3,970
Gender
Female
Ironic how HYBE has trouble accepting groups put together under another subsidary and tries to promote their rushed gg over them but then a group made by a whole different survival show before HYBE was even a thing is a precious trademark now. You let them rot in the basement when they were supposedly active.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RandAlThor

alo

Joined
3 June 2022
Messages
3,933
Reactions Received
5,700
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,116
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
fuck plybe. fuck em to the end of the universe and back.

it will always baffle me how they never gaf about fromis, a group that always exceeded expectations and performed better after hiatuses that would have killed the hype for any other group in their situation.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RandAlThor

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread