Fuck JYP, fuck Bighit, fuck Starship, fuck every company that does survival shows (1 Viewer)

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
like I always knew they were fucking AWFUL for trainees and their mental health etc, but I never thought that much about it.
But then I stanned Pink Fantasy and saw what a survival show can DO to an idol/trainee and just...

Now a survival show is the no.1 fastest way for a company to get on my shit list!
Honestly especially JYP BAFFLES ME, they are always going on about fucking mental health and then go have another god damn survival show!
And survival shows are just about the FURTHEST THINGS YOU CAN GET from mental health!

Fuck Bighit for I-Land
Fuck JYP for Nizi Project, Stray Kids and Sixteen

Fuck every company that does survival shows, fuck them all to hell and back.
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I hate survival shows too but I just can't stop watching them LOL I didn't mind Nizi Project as much because they were bringing girls from outside of the company but shows like the Stray Kids one are particularly stupid and had to need to exist because you already knew that all of the members were gonna debut! Treasure Box was another one especially after the mess that was Mix Nine and them making the voting process so obviously rigged, that's why I've stopped getting to excited about I-LAND because I can see them doing the same thing!
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I hate survival shows too but I just can't stop watching them LOL I didn't mind Nizi Project as much because they were bringing girls from outside of the company but shows like the Stray Kids one are particularly stupid and had to need to exist because you already knew that all of the members were gonna debut! Treasure Box was another one especially after the mess that was Mix Nine and them making the voting process so obviously rigged, that's why I've stopped getting to excited about I-LAND because I can see them doing the same thing!
It's with Mnet, what more can you expect
 
  • Like
Reactions: JakeyWantsCakey

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
What's up with all these swear words today towards companies?

Y'all clearly need cute animals so here's a viscacha
1596398600132.png
1596398618210.png
swearing is fun and since it's already been started, can't let one company get all the shit y'know!
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Back in 2014/15 before they debuted Up10tion made a variety show and I honestly think that's a better investment for companies to do. 1. Its much cheaper than competition shows, 2. You won't be accused of rigging which people you definitely are doing, 3. It's just way more fun for fans and the trainees themselves.

If they get creative with it, then they can stand out from other groups shows as well. The Boyz had a show where they ran a restaurant and it was great
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Back in 2014/15 before they debuted Up10tion made a variety show and I honestly think that's a better investment for companies to do. 1. Its much cheaper than competition shows, 2. You won't be accused of rigging which people you definitely are doing, 3. It's just way more fun for fans and the trainees themselves.

If they get creative with it, then they can stand out from other groups shows as well. The Boyz had a show where they ran a restaurant and it was great
YESSSSS like this is what I have always said! There is ZERO reason the SKZ show could not have been a variety type show or some kind of a show that just showed their journey to debut!
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,585
Reactions Received
93,412
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
186,783
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
like I always knew they were fucking AWFUL for trainees and their mental health etc, but I never thought that much about it.
But then I stanned Pink Fantasy and saw what a survival show can DO to an idol/trainee and just...

Now a survival show is the no.1 fastest way for a company to get on my shit list!
Honestly especially JYP BAFFLES ME, they are always going on about fucking mental health and then go have another god damn survival show!
And survival shows are just about the FURTHEST THINGS YOU CAN GET from mental health!

Fuck Bighit for I-Land
Fuck JYP for Nizi Project, Stray Kids and Sixteen

Fuck every company that does survival shows, fuck them all to hell and back.
I have said from the beginning that I will not give the time of day to company survival shows.

The concept of a pd 101 is palatable because its supposed to be a gathering place for trainees. Execution wise they screwed folks ..,

But in house or label sponsored i do not even learn the names.
This goes for
twice
nitzi
well its not like ygs bg's were ever on my radar but them
momoland
as well as any i forgot.

jyp and yg other groups start with strikes against them because of this.

We all know big companies are really like a survival show. then for them to just go public with it for lost puppy votes is unacceptable .
 
Last edited:
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
YESSSSS like this is what I have always said! There is ZERO reason the SKZ show could not have been a variety type show or some kind of a show that just showed their journey to debut!
For SKZ a journey to debut would have made so much more sense. Like they already showed how tired (and on the breach of burnout) Chan was. Like why not have a show where the first half is their journey and the second they tell them they are debuting and send them on vacation? Their survival show was so pointless.

Same with Sixteen. JYP let so many good trainees get away because he neglected them after they lost
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
What's up with all these swear words today towards companies?

Y'all clearly need cute animals so here's a viscacha
1596398600132.png
1596398618210.png
That is the most pretentious animal I have ever seen in my life
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
they overall fuck up the trainees mental health!
I don't watch any but how are they different than normal trainee evaluations?
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I don't watch any but how are they different than normal trainee evaluations?
Evil editing aka taking something entirely innocent a trainee said out of context and framing it as bad or mean etc, which often leads to the public watching them to send a lot of hate
Over-focusing on the mistakes
Often the trainees are allowed no contact with the outside world leading to a feeling that they are being held in prison or jail
Overworking
Unreasonable diets
The overall pressure
Sexualizing the underage trainees

Normal evaluations can be quite bad already, but now imagine you are being filmed 24/7 while you are preparing for those evaluations and then that footage will be shown to the world! You cannot say ONE THING even remotely wrong or mean or negative through the whole time, because if you do..... the editors might just decide to put that ONE CLIP in that you said while exhausted and missing your family and there goes your public image!

My babe Yubeen on Pink Fantasy was on Idol School and came out of it with a panic disorder
The fact that survival shows cause mental health problems is so widely known that at point they were considering making a variety (?) type show about the trainees/idols who got fucked up by those shows and their mental health.

Survival shows are often rigged as well
 
  • Sad
Reactions: JakeyWantsCakey

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
swearing is fun and since it's already been started, can't let one company get all the shit y'know!
be aware that excessive swearing is against the rules so I guess swear in a small amount?
 
  • Like
Reactions: maruberry

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
I also hate survival shows because they're rigged asf. Just look at Produce 101. I knew that show was rigged from the start
 
  • Like
Reactions: maruberry

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
IT IS PART SQUIRREL PART RABBIT AND IT LOOKS CHILL 24/7 IT'S MY SPIRIT ANIMAL
red pandas>>>>
304851C6-9E79-4C47-B62B-E171721A30AA.jpeg


but honestly,hearing the stories from idol
School is just really really sad. like how bad does the situation have to be for a girl to break a window to escape?
 
  • Like
Reactions: maruberry

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread