News (G)I-DLE beat TREASURE for second win with Hwaa on MCountdown (1 Viewer)

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Congrats :sanapray:
Considering digitals make up the bulk of the criteria for winning, and it's not like Neverlands are a small fandom so they do well in voting too, I'm not surprised :pepeheart:
It's really hard for boy groups to get wins without good digitals.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,333
Reactions Received
76,681
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,045
Ship
Wreck
Congrats :sanapray:
Considering digitals make up the bulk of the criteria for winning, and it's not like Neverlands are a small fandom so they do well in voting too, I'm not surprised :pepeheart:
It's really hard for boy groups to get wins without good digitals.
Well that's not a thing exclusively with boy groups as all the shows are digital shows by their criteria with only Music Bank and Inkigayo giving ways to make up for the lack of digitals with Music Bank being physicals and Inkigayo being Youtube views.

Treasure completely flopped in the digital department though while (G)I-dle ended up coming 1st for the week and missing out on 4500 points like that pretty much ended Treasures chances of winning as Treasure would've had to come 1st in almost every other category and (G)I-dle come nearly last which that scenario wasn't gonna happen.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Well that's not a thing exclusively with boy groups as all the shows are digital shows by their criteria with only Music Bank and Inkigayo giving ways to make up for the lack of digitals with Music Bank being physicals and Inkigayo being Youtube views.

Treasure completely flopped in the digital department though while (G)I-dle ended up coming 1st for the week and missing out on 4500 points like that pretty much ended Treasures chances of winning as Treasure would've had to come 1st in almost every other category and (G)I-dle come nearly last which that scenario wasn't gonna happen.
Yeah I think I'd seen a graph for both gg digitals and bg digitals in 2020, and for gg there was a good spread of different groups, while for boy groups it was just BTS lol, so outside of them basically nobody charts.
TXT and The Boyz sometimes chart, and ONF as well but that's like not even close to top 10 or 20, so unless they completely dominate physically or through YT views, or are facing very weak competition, their chances are always low.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,333
Reactions Received
76,681
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,045
Ship
Wreck
Yeah I think I'd seen a graph for both gg digitals and bg digitals in 2020, and for gg there was a good spread of different groups, while for boy groups it was just BTS lol, so outside of them basically nobody charts.
TXT and The Boyz sometimes chart, and ONF as well but that's like not even close to top 10 or 20, so unless they completely dominate physically or through YT views, or are facing very weak competition, their chances are always low.
Well NCT charted decently with their early comebacks but the Melon chart reform happened in the Summer which basically stopped almost all groups to brute force the chart with fandom power with only BTS left that could get somewhere and I wouldn't consider much a bit hit from idol groups that was released in 2020 as only Psycho, HIP, ON, Dynamite, How You Like That, Lovesick Girls, Nonstop and Dolphin made it into the Gaon top 50
 

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Congratz (G)I-DLE!
:pandahappy: :pikahappy:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread