News (G)I-DLE’s Shuhua Reassures Fans Regarding The Remarks Made About Her On “Ask Us Anything” (1 Viewer)

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,595
Reactions Received
43,660
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,408
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Source: Soompi


(G)I-DLE’s Shuhua took to her group’s official Instagram to reassure fans after the group’s guest appearance on JTBC’s “Ask Us Anything.”

(G)I-DLE guested on the latest episode of the variety show, which aired on January 11. Jang Sung Kyu asked Shuhua, who is from Taiwan, “Isn’t Korean still too hard for you to be able to talk on variety shows?” Shuhua replied, “It’s not hard,” and Jang Sung Kyu responded, “It looks hard for you.” Super Junior’s Shindong added, “No, it’s not hard for Shuhua, but it’s hard for us to listen to.”

After the broadcast, many fans demanded an apology from Jang Sung Kyu and Shindong regarding their remarks, and on January 12, Shuhua posted the following message on Instagram:

Everyone~~ Did you have fun watching “Ask Us Anything”?? I hope you had fun!!
The members and I really~ wanted to appear on the show.
I understand that you’re worried, but I wasn’t hurt at all. To the contrary, the MCs were very kind and took good care of us, so it was really fun~~
I thank our kind sunbaenim for always smiling at us and teaching us things during the recording!
The two sunbaenim contacted me because they were worried. Don’t feel sorry~~ It’s completely fine. I hope our sunbaenim also don’t feel hurt.
Everyone, thank you for showing lots of interest.
Look forward to “Ask Us Anything” next week too, and give it lots of love.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
This is a relief then.
As long as she wasn't hurt because it.
She could still be defending them because she doesn't want them to get into trouble but if she says she's not uncomfortable by it, then we have to respect that.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,193
Reactions Received
76,667
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,512
Ship
Wreck
This is a relief then.
As long as she wasn't hurt because it.
She could still be defending them because she doesn't want them to get into trouble but if she says she's not uncomfortable by it, then we have to respect that.
Apparently the bit that clip conveniently left out was Shindong praised her right after the comment.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
so sweet
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
I've heard it was mistranslated due to ill intent.
So, if this is true, then it really is people trying to stir things up and now I'm wondering how many more of these mistranslations are out there.
It's like when someone mistranslated Yuqi not so long ago, although they did it by accident, but it still caused problems.
 

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Apparently the bit that clip conveniently left out was Shindong praised her right after the comment.
Yep, apparently Shindong praised her for her confidence and the other host was joking about them being old and not being able to hear well.

So it's people trying to stir shit up then.
I think some might do it to hate on Shindong but as I said in the first post about this:
humor is different in every country (like British humor is known to be weird for a lot of people and just plain unfunny and boring)
people don't get that there are countries who have a really dark sense of humor or an "offensive" type of humor.
it's an edited show (it's not live). If it was that problematic or that rude, I'm pretty sure they would just cut it out.
I'm pretty sure a lot foreigners who reside in Korea are aware of their type of humor (especially since foreigners really seem to be pushed to act like Koreans)
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I've heard it was mistranslated due to ill intent.
So, if this is true, then it really is people trying to stir things up and now I'm wondering how many more of these mistranslations are out there.
It's like when someone mistranslated Yuqi not so long ago, although they did it by accident, but it still caused problems.
mistranslations are not that rare. I recall people extra mistranslating lyrics from one of Bobby‘s Show Me The Money songs in order to hate on him and to say he dissed bts
 

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
I've heard it was mistranslated due to ill intent.
So, if this is true, then it really is people trying to stir things up and now I'm wondering how many more of these mistranslations are out there.
It's like when someone mistranslated Yuqi not so long ago, although they did it by accident, but it still caused problems.
Yeah I haven't seen it but a lot of people say that Shindong praised her after that for her confidence and the other host said they don't hear well.
Also the clip was purposely cut so you don't see her reaction which is also kind of fishy.
If she was really offended by it, wouldn't you show her reaction as well to show how much it hurt her? (Someone should find the full clip tbh).
That being said, I fear that Shindong's image is already tainted with this scandal. We all know how people view him and Suju members as a whole and I-fans are unforgiving even if it's all fake.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
This is why I said let's wait and watch in the other thread. Immediately jumping on the hate bandwagon or assuming things does just as much harm.
I'm glad Shuhua clarified things but honestly it shouldn't have even come to this.

Anyway watch Knowing Bros and stan Suju. I hope KB doesn't become even more safe than it already has tho, I miss the savagery.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,193
Reactions Received
76,667
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,512
Ship
Wreck
This is why I said let's wait and watch in the other thread. Immediately jumping on the hate bandwagon or assuming things does just as much harm.
I'm glad Shuhua clarified things but honestly it shouldn't have even come to this.

Anyway watch Knowing Bros and stan Suju. I hope KB doesn't become even more safe than it already has tho, I miss the savagery.
Really depends how far you go with the hate I feel as there's a difference between judging a situation as bad and blowing up the artists social media telling them what a terrible person they are.

I don't think it's necessarily bad judging a situation based on information you learn along the way as long as you keep it to judging and not actions which is where a lot of people fail and it almost always leads to action.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread