Genre? Style? Concept? (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
So I know people tend to have preferences for guy groups or girl groups but I want to know what your favorite styles, concept or sound is for both girl groups and guys groups!
Guy Groups:
  1. I like Funky songs and concepts because they are fun and I find guy groups vocals, actually work really well with this sound too. It's the reason I love songs like Lucky One, Love Me Right, and also Dance With Me. Her and more.
  2. I do tend to like upbeat songs and cute songs by guy groups too. They always try to hard to be brooding and badass and it legit doesn't work for my ninety percent of the time. It's the reason I like songs like Dam Da Di, CROWN, Ring Ring Ring and things along those lines. Also, for Upbeat any of BTS's hype songs!
  3. I also tend to like guy groups that switch it up when it comes to the typical sound. Like ONEUS I feel like switched the game up, and also N.Flying, LEDapple, and Infinite.
Girl Groups:
  1. Anything catchy and fun! I love songs like BAAM, We Like, PePe, and also Oh!, Oh My God, Twinkle Twinkle.
  2. With girl groups I also really like the empowered, girl crush sound as well so that would go with songs like Hobgoblin, Black Dress, Ddu Du Ddu Du and Female President.
  3. I also really do enjoy the cute songs that are catchy and sweet like Hug Me Once, Wonderful Love, Knock Knock!
  4. I also tend to like girl groups as well who switch up the game. Groups like Dreamcatcher, Oh My Girl, & Gfriend, MAMAMOO, as well as LOONA.
Just to add for all of them I do tend to like certain tones too and a group having a specific tone or a soloist will get me interested.

Feel free to list or post examples too!
 

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
For boy groups, I tend to gravitate towards brooding and badass xD

For girl groups, I like the sound that comes with sexy or girl crush concept. Mostly sexy.

A group having strong vocals is my favorite concept :joysip:
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Boy groups:

  • Usually just sth catchy that stand out from the bunch musically and has strong clear concept that the mv, song and styling all follow, but i guess there is some type of stuff i like;
  • "Emo" concept and songs aka emotional stuff, often accompanied with some piano, still catchy and might have good beat; x , x, x
  • Hip hop influenced stuff without being hip hop, just strong raps and that's it; x , x, x


Girl groups:

  • Quirky concepts: aka cute + fun , possibly also + spooky. Songs are usually catchy, bright and there is some repeat I count Red Velvet (red side), Crayonpop and Orange Caramel to this category. Examples: x , x, x
  • I guess you could count f(x) as quirky too though they aren't exactly cute, also some of Sunny Hill's and T-ara's stuff. Just have a clear concept and fun with it.
  • Girl crush concepts, think of 2NE1, Blackpink and so on.
  • No to pure cute concepts and sexy concepts... unless it's really catchy.
 

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
Quirky - Red Velvet & Orange Caramel.

Girl crush - Blackpink, (G)I-DLE, 4Minute.

But I'm not really fixated on only a few types of concepts which you can see by looking at my bias list. As long as I can connect with the song and enjoy it, I don't really care what the concept is.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread