Getting out of your insecure lhase (1 Viewer)

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Hey. It’s been a few months since I’ve been active. Schools crazy.

I feel like most of us were made fun of for our looks so we grew up pretty insecure. But the moment you realize you’re genuinely pretty it’s like...woah. It’s honestly mind blowing. Anyway I came to that realization today and I must say it’s a great feeling. Friendly reminder that you don’t need to look like a supermodel as a teenager. Appearance is VERY important but hyperfixiating on it just leads to more insecurities. Go at your own pace and let yourself be guided. We need to have a few ugly phases before looking gorgeous anyway.
 

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I never felt super ugly during middle school or high school but definitely never felt pretty. I participated in a scholarship pageant one year and was so disappointed when the selection of dresses they had that you could wear for free were all sizes like 6 or below. I felt pretty bad at that time. But now even though I'm not in the shape that is ideal in my own mind, I try not to beat myself up about it as much and try to be as confident as i can be
 

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
its been 13 years tho :( its a different pace for everyone but I do hate not loving myself even if I try

one day I'm like "you know what, my forehead isn't thAT big and my nose isn't thaT ugly" but then the next I just hate it just as much as I usually do
 

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
You weren't gone for too long this time, but I still missed you mayah :pepecry1:
And for sure, teenagers can be a lot judgier and more fixated on looks than adults are I feel. It's definitely hard to feel confident and I still have some insecurities from that phase that I need to work through :/
 
  • Like
Reactions: Villains and Mayday

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,131
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,398
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Glad to see you back :pandalove:
I think we’ll always be trying to figure out how to love ourselves more, appearance is a big one for a lot of people. I wouldn’t say I ever felt like I was ugly but since it’s my own appearance I’m more critical of myself. Some days I feel pretty but other days feel awful about myself because I have a lot of things I’m insecure about.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Villains and Mayday
D

Deleted member 74

I accepted I just hate the way I look and obviously so do others, and instead just try to be a kind person. If I force myself to be positive, it goes against how my emotions work and I become envious of others, so when I was little I quickly figured out that being kind would be my thing, something no one could take away from me the way the words of people caused me to not be able to look in the mirror at myself for too long without crying. I don't think coming to love yourself is the only way to get out of an insecure phase, sometimes it's simply accepting the facts and moving on in different ways.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Villains

Villains

#1 JOOYEON FAN
.
Joined
2 March 2021
Messages
23,302
Reactions Received
28,172
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,480
Fandom
Villain
Ship
Glad you're back!!
I think I've gotten better with my insecurities. I understand that no one is perfect but we can believe that we are beautiful no matter what :D
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mayday

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I accepted I just hate the way I look and obviously so do others, and instead just try to be a kind person. If I force myself to be positive, it goes against how my emotions work and I become envious of others, so when I was little I quickly figured out that being kind would be my thing, something no one could take away from me the way the words of people caused me to not be able to look in the mirror at myself for too long without crying. I don't think coming to love yourself is the only way to get out of an insecure phase, sometimes it's simply accepting the facts and moving on in different ways.
This works on a surface level but it comes back as jealousy and insecurity in the future from my experience
 

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
You weren't gone for too long this time, but I still missed you mayah :pepecry1:
And for sure, teenagers can be a lot judgier and more fixated on looks than adults are I feel. It's definitely hard to feel confident and I still have some insecurities from that phase that I need to work through :/
I'll try to be more active but school is honestly killing me 😭

I agree. I think teenagers tend to pay attention to more superficial things but by the time you're an adult you learn to prioritize a little better.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mangoey

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread