Video Gfriend issues message to Min Hee Jin after learning she was responsible for their disbandment. (1 Viewer)

Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,025
Reactions Received
52,923
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
170,280
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
LOVE THIS SO MUCH. :joysip:

@Buddy
I will still think BSH was decisive in Gfriend's disbandment, purely because MHJ was nvr in SouMu(if I'm wrong then tell me, afaik MHJ was brand exec over SouMu but tat shd hv nthg to do with gfriend disbanding, i think)

So this clip doesn't land for me(if it was toward H*be/B*angPD, then Y*y but the time for it was 2021/2022 not now)
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,606
Reactions Received
93,426
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,178
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I will still think BSH was decisive in Gfriend's disbandment, purely because MHJ was nvr in SouMu(if I'm wrong then tell me, afaik MHJ was brand exec over SouMu but tat shd hv nthg to do with gfriend disbanding, i think)

So this clip doesn't land for me(if it was toward H*be/B*angPD, then Y*y but the time for it was 2021/2022 not now)
if the narrative that she took sources trainees and staff, basically because she didnt want Sakura is true.
Leaving Source especially cash/ trainee/ staff strapped just after the infusion of cash from Hybe.

its fair. There is plenty of blame to go around but its more and more looking like she was the diva type behind it all.

Remember hybe was desperate for a 'self' made gg to work. especially after teh cf that was glam.

so they recruited mhj sent her to source to do that.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: LoveYooShaSha
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,025
Reactions Received
52,923
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
170,280
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
if the narrative that she took sources trainees and staff, basically because she didnt want Sakura is true.
Leaving Source especially cash/ trainee/ staff strapped just after the infusion of cash from Hybe.

its fair. There is plenty of blame to go around but its more and more looking like she was the diva type behind it all.

Remember hybe was desperate for a 'self' made gg to work. especially after teh cf that was glam.

so they recruited mhj sent her to source to do that.
Ok, I don't stan NewJeans or MHJ so if I'm wrong about her culpability in Gfriend's disbandment then so be it.

But she didn't direct/style/produce Gfriend's songs/albums/other stuff once Hybe acquired/subsumed SouMu.

Once SouMu was subsumed by Hybe, it just hastened the


The last 3 korean releases sales are illuminating, 86k, 90k collapsing to +60k(walpurgis night)-I loved all 3 under hybe. But maybe fans/buyers were not into the darker, more mature (to me) releases. Viviz has brighter discography, I think(maybe maniac is tinged with darker, more mature themes/sounds)

But after sales fell to +60k, I think BSH/hybe were thinking of cutting their losses (their investment in SouMu not giving returns re: gfriend's releases). The surprise, reaction of the members on announcement/expiry of contract/disbandment sure seems like they were shocked. I mean if they weren't practicing/negotiating terms until the last minute, sure would seem like

Early/late 2021, BSH/Hybe signed/lured/negotiated sakura with impending contract expiry of izone, I wasn't paying attention much then but retroactive statements sure seem like it happened tat way.

Also, Ador seemed to be formed in late 2021 - it took mths for hybe to form/create ADOR for MHJ. If MHJ rlly deprived SouMu of trainees/staff/capital, would Gfriend hv been affected as far bk as jan/feb/Mar 2021?

It seems to me more plausible tat Hybe had already decided before ADOR/NJ/MHJ was set up/finalised/in process of starting up to focus on Sakura/SouMu new gg(whether under MHJ or not) SouMu's future and to not renew Gfriend/give unacceptable terms for renewal(based on sales projections/diffusion of effort/resources if hvg 2 ggs/whatever reasons made sense to BSH/hybe)

Otherwise the timeline just seems not to fit gfriend disbands 2021Q2, izone ends April2021, ADOR forms/starts setting up after sakura joins hybe/SouMu(even if sakura+chaewon agree terms before april2021- gfriend's fate/disbandment is before ADOR starts/is even thought of; unless I got timeline very wrong.

Tldr: nobody's totally innocent in hybe/SouMu/ADOR(except the members ofc) but my pov is timeline shows Gfriend disbandment/hiatus of 6 mths before May 2021, way before ADOR/sakura+chaewon released from izone/lsfm a glimmer in bang's eyeballs(or I could be totally wrong) LOL
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread