- Joined
- 22 February 2019
- Messages
- 2,548
- Reactions Received
- 9,068
- Location
- under these bitches skin
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 0
- Gender
- Female
the title explains it all. ill give my honest opinion on whatever artist.
wow were starting off with one of my most spicy opinons.SuperM
I decided to start with this one because I thought it might be interestingwow were starting off with one of my most spicy opinons.
well, they are talented, great vocals, great dancers, okay rappers. they're good on the talent department. but...
they were an obvious cash grab and they're overall image as a group is very sketchy to me. it really has nothing to do with members and more to do with the way they're being promoted. although I will say that I feel as though they don't really fit together if that makes sense? like they all were kinda stuck together because they're the most popular in their respective groups, not because they're close.
sm made this group in order to get into America and to me... try to compete with bts. but the way they're being promoted is very... like I said sketchy. there's probably a better word for it but that's all that's popping in my head as of now. they cheated with 60 bundles just to get a number 1 on the billboard hot 200 and robbed a more deserving artist who had better streams and more overall impact at the time. also, their concert tickets were selling for like $50 if I'm not wrong, and their tickets had album bundles on them. theres a lot of other stuff that kinda rubbed me the wrong way when it came to their promotional tactics. I think that if they invested the energy they put into superm on another artist like exo or red velvet, they would have had better results. again it really has nothing to do with the members, more to do with the companies promotional tactics.
I don't really listen to their music but I respect them a lot as a group. they really showed off on queendom, I think they should have won. sorry was a banger. also, I really love Seohyun.
I think the idea of a coed group was very interesting at the time and I think they've done well. but I wish they explored more in terms of their music style. it's gotten better but, I hope they come out with something fresh for their next release.KARD
talented group, it's nice to know that they self produce. they definitely are a well-rounded group when it comes to rapping, singing, dancing etcSeventeen
I don't really mind day6, definitely a cool group. they've got a lot of nice songs but they're another group that kinda just there for me. I liked shoot out but I'm not really into kbands that much.Day6
Yeah, I can see that. I wasn't really into kbands until like, last year.I don't really mind day6, definitely a cool group. they've got a lot of nice songs but they're another group that kinda just there for me. I liked shoot out but I'm not really into kbands that much.
I still think that the group has consisted of members that are more popular. mark and taeyong I feel like are some of the most popular in nct. they're basically in every single subunit. I really don't know much about exo in terms of individual popularity but, baekhyun and kai are definitely up there when it comes to popularity. they're some of the most talented members in exo. Taemin also had a pretty successful career as a soloist. I'm not saying that they're only in the group because of popularity, but it does factor. and that's not a bad marketing tactic. but I don't like the idea of just sticking them all in a group together. I guess one of the biggest appeals of kpop is being able to watch them grow as a group from the beginning until the end.I decided to start with this one because I thought it might be interesting
Promotions aren't handled by SM, they're handled by Capitol Music. Also the members aren't just the most popular, Taemin, Kai, Taeyong, and Ten are SMs best dancers, Mark is SMs best rapper probably, Baekhyun is one of Exo and SMs best vocalists. Lucas is the only one I think you can say only had popularity going for him.
And yes the members weren't close, that wasn't the point of the group and they acknowledged it themselves. Their chemistry came from their time working together.
Everything else I have no opinion on just because it doesn't matter to me when liking a group.
Oh I also just remembered, the NCT members were close, especially Taeyong with Ten and Mark with Lucas. Taemin and Kai have been best friends since predebut. And then Ten and Taemin have talked about their admiration for each other many times before SuperM. And of course Baekhyun and Kai are both in Exo so they were probably close. Not to mention how many times Taemin had mentioned that without the Shinee members he's lonely since they're all in the millitary.
It's true that they are popular and that definitely helps the group but I just think that if you ignore popularity and look at talents the only member you could replace is Lucas. Shinee are all in the millitary so you can't pick them. Neither Exo rapper is really better than Taeyong and Mark. Chen is also one of the top vocalists but considering he's having a child and he's not a super strong dancer it wouldn't make sense to add him. For a performance group Taeil and Doyoung, 2 other very good vocalists, have weak dancing too. Mark and Taeyong are popular true but I think that has more to do with the fact that they are very talented and therefore benefit subunits by being in them. Just from all that it seems that no matter whether you look at talent or popularity, the group would be the same.I still think that the group has consisted of members that are more popular. mark and taeyong I feel like are some of the most popular in nct. they're basically in every single subunit. I really don't know much about exo in terms of individual popularity but, baekhyun and kai are definitely up there when it comes to popularity. they're some of the most talented members in exo. Taemin also had a pretty successful career as a soloist. I'm not saying that they're only in the group because of popularity, but it does factor. and that's not a bad marketing tactic. but I don't like the idea of just sticking them all in a group together. I guess one of the biggest appeals of kpop is being able to watch them grow as a group from the beginning until the end.
they're also another group that's just kinda there for me. I think it's sad that I really only know them because of their company screwing them over, I heard a lot of their fans talking about them having the potential to be the next big thing, but then their company did something to them that kinda ruined any chances of that ever happening.B.A.P
I'm open to all artists regardless of genreOnly Korean? 👀
Do you know Neo Japonism? 🤗I'm open to all artists regardless of genre![]()