COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Graze discusses why GG members dont get along, AOA, Bol4, Tara etc. (1 Viewer)

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I don't think you can compare Bol4 with a normal kpop girl group as they were in a group when they were still in high school and have been for 10 years which is way longer than their debut in 2016.

Also bringing up Jimin and Mina isn't really something I agree with as it isn't jealousy fueled and doesn't really fit her point.

As for her overall point I think it really depends on how close you are with your group members and your view of your work since if your focus is being successful then you're going to view others as in your way.

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I don't think you can compare Bol4 with a normal kpop girl group as they were in a group when they were still in high school and have been for 10 years which is way longer than their debut in 2016.

Also bringing up Jimin and Mina isn't really something I agree with as it isn't jealousy fueled and doesn't really fit her point.

As for her overall point I think it really depends on how close you are with your group members and your view of your work since if your focus is being successful then you're going to view others as in your way.
Why don't you think the Jimin & Mina thing isn't jealousy fueled? Jimin seems to be super insecure and jealous of Mina for whatever reason. Whenever Mina would get attention in interviews it seemed like Jimin would get upset about that attention going to her like she was insecure and upset by anything going towards Mina and not her.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Why don't you think the Jimin & Mina thing isn't jealousy fueled? Jimin seems to be super insecure and jealous of Mina for whatever reason. Whenever Mina would get attention in interviews it seemed like Jimin would get upset about that attention going to her like she was insecure and upset by anything going towards Mina and not her.
Grace was wording it in a way that implied Mina was jealous of Jimin which is why I disagreed but for Jimins motives it could be the cause although Jimin also could lack empathy meaning she'd be pretty ruthless and self serving regardless potentially so who knows.

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Grace was wording it in a way that implied Mina was jealous of Jimin which is why I disagreed but for Jimins motives it could be the cause although Jimin also could lack empathy meaning she'd be pretty ruthless and self serving regardless potentially so who knows.
She said Mina was jealous??? o.o

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
oh Grace how I wish she would stop with these videos.

what's also stupid is how she is talking about the current AOA situation.... she litereally is friends with Jimin so it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

BlackpinkINSync

༺✮•°◤ 𝙀𝙪𝙧𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙖𝙣 ◥°•✮༻
Reactions Received
Website
www.ancestry.com
KS Coins
Fandom
𓂀 𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂 𓂀
Pronouns
𝙝𝙚/𝙝𝙞𝙢
I don't really like any videos, that someone has to speak about their opinions on scandals and bullying etc.
It just makes me feel mad that this is a thing people would want to know about.

Just leave it in the past I say. Re-enforcing it just brings back old wounds.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins

Well it's not same situation in that sense, but I'm sure the pressure for celebrities is still similar when someone in the group or band is more popular than someone else.

It could be also that these two just didn't match together personality wise which is something she mentioned as possible cause of bad blood between idols. Ofc jealousness or just unmatching personalities doesn't justify bullying.

Personally i think the team spirit does suffer with idols due to inner competition between members. The idols always try to show outside how they are working hard for the team, but we have seen cases and rumors how idols don't rly take it well when someone is more popular than others or that the other member doesn't take well they have to share their earnings to pay other people's debts. The competitiviness of the industry is in direct opposition to image of idol.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Well it's not same situation in that sense, but I'm sure the pressure for celebrities is still similar when someone in the group or band is more popular than someone else.

It could be also that these two just didn't match together personality wise which is something she mentioned as possible cause of bad blood between idols. Ofc jealousness or just unmatching personalities doesn't justify bullying.

Personally i think the team spirit does suffer with idols due to inner competition between members. The idols always try to show outside how they are working hard for the team, but we have seen cases and rumors how idols don't rly take it well when someone is more popular than others or that the other member doesn't take well they have to share their earnings to pay other people's debts. The competitiviness of the industry is in direct opposition to image of idol.
I think Grace overall makes fair points for why idols might not get along but her examples didn't really line up with her points apart from T-ara in a way and that makes her overall argument weaker.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
oh Grace how I wish she would stop with these videos.

what's also stupid is how she is talking about the current AOA situation.... she litereally is friends with Jimin so it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Tbf she wasn't in AOA so may have not known abt Jimin's treatment of Mina, BUT if Jimin treated Mina this way so blatantly she probably just wasn't a nice person overall. I don't think AOA fits into her personal narrative as to why bullying may occur in groups as Jimin was one of the most popular members in AOA and was the core of the group musically.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I don't think Graze's video was well formed at all. Mainly because she overlapped her experience of inner-frustration with not getting fair lines as a main vocalist with issues of bullying that mainly came from simply bad acting members who were never put in their place. If she wanted to address bullying she should have waited and maybe gotten together ex-idol friends or ppl from the industry to seriously address it. If she is friends with AOA's Jimin then maybe this was her indirect way of excusing her..idk. It just wasn't put together well.

Reactions Received
KS Coins

Yes, its so strange how idols are pitted against each other as individuals for years with no distinction but then they're expected to form a team. I think a better form would be to simply choose the members that the company wants from the start and just train them together as a group. Maybe even get people that are already in quasi-groups or pairs. But this would mean choosing people who are already compete in singing and dancing, probably older teens and young adults which would go against the youth-obsession within the industry and companies wouldn't be dealing with ppl they've molded since childhood or early teenhood.

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
As trainees, they might be friends but they also have to compete against each other for spots. And not only that, most of them are teenagers, not the most confident people. Constantly comparing your singing, dancing, weight and looks being made to feel you don't measure up is going to make you feel some type of way. (#ReadSHINE)

It only gets worse at debut because of how much people like to pit members against each other. Having unequal fame distribution can destroy the dynamic. The popular members can start to think they're better than everyone. The less popular members could start to resent the more popular ones

I've just seen too much happen (Miss A, 4min, Soshi, T-ara, f(x)) to be surprised at what happened to AOA, aside from how bad they let it get

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread