HAPPY NEW YEAR 2024, everyone!!! (1 Viewer)

Boyo

𝒮𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓅
.
.
Joined
24 October 2018
Messages
55,379
Reactions Received
41,048
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
238,208
Fandom
Mingyutized
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I think yr neighborhood is different from mine then or the fireworks r louder/closer. The dogs across the street in the pet store just opened recently might be used to fireworks. There New years n national day, n 3 major festivals throughout the year, plus maybe state/national royalty birthdays so up to 7 times a yr, 2 or 3 nights Chinese new year might hv fireworks. So either I'm oblivious/dogs r used to it/not nearby to me to hear their barking.

So sorry tat for yr doggo, a otherwise happy time for humans has em scared/uncomfortable.
That's interesting, maybe my dog is more sensitive and also, the fact that he is a rescued dog tells a lot. I don't live in a big city, so I think dogs here are more sensitive for loud noises/lights/sudden happenings. But it's good dogs near you can handle these things better.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: LoveYooShaSha

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,386
Reactions Received
151,398
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I think yr neighborhood is different from mine then or the fireworks r louder/closer. The dogs across the street in the pet store just opened recently might be used to fireworks. There New years n national day, n 3 major festivals throughout the year, plus maybe state/national royalty birthdays so up to 7 times a yr, 2 or 3 nights Chinese new year might hv fireworks. So either I'm oblivious/dogs r used to it/not nearby to me to hear their barking.

So sorry tat for yr doggo, a otherwise happy time for humans has em scared/uncomfortable.



But Russia (n maybe china) could just tell its people, hey follow same time zone n celebrate 00:00 Russian time(new year 2024) at same time even if the sun is 9 hrs behind in the western part of the country.i know tat doesn't happen(I think) but imagine if I did?
Russia officially enters 2024 at 0 Moscow time, and that’s when the presidential address is. I’d imagine many people east of Moscow just celebrate when it hits 0 their time and skip the address (I would too realistically). Most people live in the European part anyways though so population wise it’s not that many that would miss the official Russia time.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: LoveYooShaSha
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,028
Reactions Received
52,925
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
170,291
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
happy new year everyone!! :pandahappy:
Thank you.



That's interesting, maybe my dog is more sensitive and also, the fact that he is a rescued dog tells a lot. I don't live in a big city, so I think dogs here are more sensitive for loud noises/lights/sudden happenings. But it's good dogs near you can handle these things better.
I think dogs in my city, n whole country with exceptions are just used to traffic sounds up to 18 maybe 22chrs a day, so sound of fireworks in the sky aren't out of the ordinary. Also fireworks in western countries might be far louder, more intense n out of the ordinary due to laws/norms of the west.fireworks are banned here except for official use I think but hey illegal fireworks are sold here at least since I was a kid n before tat even.just not as loud/intense maybe.n most are lit up ard 00:00am so timing isn't itregular/unexpected(?)


Happy New Year Sha!!!!!!

My goal is not to have a hangover tomorrow :idkwhattonamethis: wish me luck.
If u don't hv to work, why not drink till u drop?(but rlly drink safely nina)
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Boyo
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,028
Reactions Received
52,925
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
170,291
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
Russia officially enters 2024 at 0 Moscow time, and that’s when the presidential address is. I’d imagine many people east of Moscow just celebrate when it hits 0 their time and skip the address (I would too realistically). Most people live in the European part anyways though so population wise it’s not that many that would miss the official Russia time.
My country has a sea splitting the Eastern n western part, east is on an island called border which is also name of a country called borneo, confusing rite. It used to be 2 time zones. But sometime ago they either split the difference or used same time for both. The western part is in Asia continent between Thailand n Singapore.

Singapore I think followed us or sthg. But Bangkok is 1 hrs behind so I guess my whole country changed to follow the eastern part or sthg.
Screenshot_20240101_075652_Samsung Internet.jpg

If u see the light blue surrounding the pink red, it's kinda confusing ig
TIL China ig has 1 time zone only, so 1pm in Beijing is same time here tho astrological the sun is at different points in its position relative to earth.time zones r weird.Bali which is far east of where I am has same time as my country wind.LOL
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

Boyo

𝒮𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓅
.
.
Joined
24 October 2018
Messages
55,379
Reactions Received
41,048
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
238,208
Fandom
Mingyutized
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I think dogs in my city, n whole country with exceptions are just used to traffic sounds up to 18 maybe 22chrs a day, so sound of fireworks in the sky aren't out of the ordinary. Also fireworks in western countries might be far louder, more intense n out of the ordinary due to laws/norms of the west.fireworks are banned here except for official use I think but hey illegal fireworks are sold here at least since I was a kid n before tat even.just not as loud/intense maybe.n most are lit up ard 00:00am so timing isn't itregular/unexpected(?)
Yeah, it makes sense, a big city is always noisy, so other sounds aren't that unusual, too. Contrary to the fireworks ban, everybody can buy them here and use them at home, too. Which is bad cuz people 1) can't use them properly, 2) use them too much. Originally, it's allowed during weddings, birthdays, big family celebrations and new year. The government also only use it during nation's day and new year. But this year, something went wrong cuz people near my home do it since before Christmas. Like every day. It's hard to handle it. I wish there will be a restriction, too.
 

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Tbh, I hate this day, because all the fireworks scare my dog (and other animals, too) and nothing changes at the end.
Same! I get it!
We don't celebrate together because we go to our horses to check on them (they're separated in 2 different locations and then someone stays home with the dog).
Luckily, due to weather conditions, fireworks were not allowed (tho we had one person in the area doing it anyway, but my dog thought it was the tv). Currently back home and they're using those little bombs on the street so I'm hugging my bunny a bit.

I'm dreading to see the posts of acquaintance tomorrow of animals that ran away :/
 
  • Like
Reactions: Boyo

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,386
Reactions Received
151,398
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
My country has a sea splitting the Eastern n western part, east is on an island called border which is also name of a country called borneo, confusing rite. It used to be 2 time zones. But sometime ago they either split the difference or used same time for both. The western part is in Asia continent between Thailand n Singapore.

Singapore I think followed us or sthg. But Bangkok is 1 hrs behind so I guess my whole country changed to follow the eastern part or sthg.
Screenshot_20240101_075652_Samsung Internet.jpg

If u see the light blue surrounding the pink red, it's kinda confusing ig
TIL China ig has 1 time zone only, so 1pm in Beijing is same time here tho astrological the sun is at different points in its position relative to earth.time zones r weird.Bali which is far east of where I am has same time as my country wind.LOL
Yeah time zones can be wild, there’s some interesting ones. Chinas a pretty big country so one timezone seems like it would be odd but who knows.
 

Boyo

𝒮𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓅
.
.
Joined
24 October 2018
Messages
55,379
Reactions Received
41,048
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
238,208
Fandom
Mingyutized
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Same! I get it!
We don't celebrate together because we go to our horses to check on them (they're separated in 2 different locations and then someone stays home with the dog).
Luckily, due to weather conditions, fireworks were not allowed (tho we had one person in the area doing it anyway, but my dog thought it was the tv). Currently back home and they're using those little bombs on the street so I'm hugging my bunny a bit.

I'm dreading to see the posts of acquaintance tomorrow of animals that ran away :/
Ah, good that the weather worked in your favor now. I could imagine that it's not easy to manage.
Luckily, those firecrackers/bombs are illegal here, fireworks are enough to handle. I hope your bunny is okay, I'm sure hugging helps. <3
Yeah, all the lost animals people try to find the next day. :(
 
  • Like
Reactions: Belgizen

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ah, good that the weather worked in your favor now. I could imagine that it's not easy to manage.
Luckily, those firecrackers/bombs are illegal here, fireworks are enough to handle. I hope your bunny is okay, I'm sure hugging helps. <3
Yeah, all the lost animals people try to find the next day. :(
Buns is doing fine now.
Yeah, most heartbreaking are the posts of acquaintances whose horses escaped and ran into traffic....
We mass share it but seems like people don't care.

fireworks were forbidden during covid too but people still did it soo
 
  • Like
Reactions: Boyo

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Bless. Happy New Year!
:bigcatlove:
 
  • Love
Reactions: Yelena_Belova

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread