- Joined
- 4 November 2018
- Messages
- 33,247
- Reactions Received
- 81,309
- Location
- Beat Interactive
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 13,036
- Fandom
- Choice
- Gender
- Male
- Pronouns
- He/Him
- Ship
What do you use more often talking about things you don't like?
Example
I hate A.C.E
I dislike A.C.E
For me, altho I do not use dislike as often as hate, hate just seem like the overall bad choice when trying to stay on a neutral level in a discussion.
It just gives off the impression that you are more emotionally involved with the thing you hate.
Saying 'I hate EXO's music.' sounds just way more aggressive and, obviously hateful, compared to 'I dislike EXO's music.' I'd even say the hate one could have hidden reasons as to why, you don't like the members, think their vocals are shit or anything where dislike, for me, sounds less personal towards EXO.
Maybe I'm just reading to much into the word hate as well
.
Anyways, what do you prefer to use?
Example
I hate A.C.E
I dislike A.C.E
For me, altho I do not use dislike as often as hate, hate just seem like the overall bad choice when trying to stay on a neutral level in a discussion.
It just gives off the impression that you are more emotionally involved with the thing you hate.
Saying 'I hate EXO's music.' sounds just way more aggressive and, obviously hateful, compared to 'I dislike EXO's music.' I'd even say the hate one could have hidden reasons as to why, you don't like the members, think their vocals are shit or anything where dislike, for me, sounds less personal towards EXO.
Maybe I'm just reading to much into the word hate as well
Anyways, what do you prefer to use?